Amarr vs Caldari FW

I’ve had a few engagements by Caldari miltia as Amarr so far, and they keep telling me that I should watch my back since they are Caldari milita and I am Amarr milita.

It would be nice to be able to set the other militia at war in standings so we can act accordingly. In a player owned corporation we would probably chat with CEO or other corp.person before going red, but since this is NPC corp it would be great with the option (or in case I’ve missed this feature?).

What are your thoughts?

Amarr and Caldari are allied. If anything, people and groups attacking allies should be expelled and hunted down, ie. given an ostracized status.

1 Like

The NPC Militia Corp for each faction is a notorious nest of AWOXers. If you see a pilot from a Militia in the other warzone in your territory it is normally safe to assume they are hostile; especially if they are in the NPC corp.

Either way would work I suppose. As I am within NPC militia I feel disharmony in view of the narrative as well, since we should be allies.

One simple solution would of course be to make or join a militia corp. However I’m getting the feeling of exploit, or rather that the standing decrease isn’t proportional to the deed. When these things happen an investigation usually occur and both parties has to evaluate if the actions committed had an impact on the alliance.

Although allies in lore, Amarr and Caldari (also true for Gallente and Minmatar) do not lose any standing with their own militia for killing the “allied” militia.

The best advice I can offer is have an overview which shows friendlies (I have a purpose made fw overview available, feel free to mail me in game for the link) use a 3rd party app such as pirates little helper to quickly check the zkill and militia of everyone in local. Finally shoot first, ask questions later.

If someone takes the time to dscan the plex you are in then enter it. They didn’t come to give you a hug.

1 Like

I do shoot first most of the time, if target is neutral, since being in area of war is pirating in my point of view.

Twice I’ve engaged an enemy (or more) and seen “friendlies” warp in to kill me but spare the neutrals: https://zkillboard.com/kill/63961685/ https://zkillboard.com/kill/64382966/ https://zkillboard.com/kill/64382967/ (in the second kill I was awoxed and then Caldari saved his pod by killing me - I had pod scrammed and tried to sort out why he attacked me)

I actually talked with both Caldari, which I’m referring to in my first post.

I’ve also thought about some 3rd party solution but I’ve always tried to play games without that (yes, I know - my own choice).

The first kill, the pilot flying the interceptor is the alt of the Harbringer. The 2nd and 3rd mails are a friend of the original pilot and alt from mail 1. You’d do well to set them red and go weapons free. It doesn’t take to long to build up an idea of who is with who. I find linking kills in peoples notes section a good way to remind myself who is a baddie and why.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.