Amelia Duskspace for CSM 18

Bit biased, but still stand behind this candidate.

It would be great if You can get into CSM 18! Your videos are awesome and you can definately make a positive input to the gameplay.

@Amelia_Duskspace

1. What has CCP got correct?
  2. What has CCP got incorrect?
  3. What do you wish existed in-game that doesn’t?
  4. What exists in-game that you wish didn’t?
  5. What exists in-game that you think ought to continue to exist?
  6. What doesn’t exist in-game that you hope never comes into existence?
  7. How would you improve PI?
  8. How would you improve the entire corporation UI?

As for the citadels, wouldn’t it be beneficial for the weapons to activate when the shield/armor/structure is at 75% damage? Not like now, where you can’t even get close.

+1, i would like to see some pvp changes for sure

This is hard, given what crap I’ve been through but I support you.

Will you also oppose RMT and Gambling operations being run off TOR and other means, Amelia?

I listened to an old episode of FC chat you were on in which you said that you don’t understand why there is asset safety in nullsec at all, suggesting it should be like in WH / Pochven where everything drops. I’m wondering if this is still your position and if it’s something you would attempt to discuss with CCP if you were to be elected.

Biggest Challenge I think Pochven faces is how risk-free observatory flashpoints can be. Given how much ISK they generate, there should be a requirement to bring more committed ships.
One way to counter this is by removing the risk-free drone comps that plague it. Have the site shoot drones or have it repair if no ship is within some range. This will prevent Ishtars from grinding the site 300km off risk free of anyone entering the site. I would also suggest increasing the DPS the site does, forcing you to bring things like battleships in.

Its fairly chicken/egg. I think reason that people are so far apart and so centralized is because ansiblex allow them to be. If groups cant be at your doorstep from 6 regions away so quickly, more groups will take these areas in-between these large blocs, and it will be harder for large blocs to control such empty space.

I think there needs to be massive buffs towards owning space in nullsec, but these things should come at risk. We need to move as far away as possible from AFK Ishtar ratting to meaningful income sources that can be fought for which can create content.

I disagree heavily with “nothing is stale”, the game could use significant changes on a much more frequent basis. The game gets largely figured out very quickly, and as such the meta becomes stale. I don’t think you need to introduce new ships, you just need to balance existing ones so there aren’t ships that you would never bring. I disagree heavily with theyve been doing great at that. There are still so many ships that are never ever used, and still too few ships that are the go-to for every activity.

CCP has gotten a few things moving in the correct path:

1. Pochven was a great addition to the game especially around Observatory Flashpoints that exemplify the risk/reward structure the game should push forward to. They need to increase the risk more on this to get it into the correct spot, but the idea is great!

2. CCP has continued to make good QOL changes that are amazing like jump cloning in same station and not getting timer.

3. There are many things I wish existed in game that dont:

I wish there were more content objectives for roaming gangs like there used to be with station services. These type of objectives give more reason for groups to go around and do stuff to get fights. Right now its very hard to force people to undock, which is bad for the game.

I wish there were more means for groups to be able to fight against n+1, whether it be some stacking debuffs or something similar as seen in Albion Online.

1. I think Ansiblex are one of largest issues in the game right now. They force high centralization of groups which leads to large amounts of completely empty dead space. While I think there needs to be incentives to owning and upgrading your space, it shouldnt allow you to own and defend 6 regions so easily from 1 centralized location.

2. The Alliance Tournament!!!

3. Cynos on every ship again.

4. I dont have much knowledge here, as I havent done much in industry.

5. Similar answer here, I havent worked much with corporation UI. I will say the one aspect I would change though is being able to multifit ships from corp hangars.

1 Like

Big fan of this change, yes. Its very hard to fight on structure grids rn and this change would help

1 Like

I still hold that same position.

I think asset safety disincentives content, because you dont get the benefit of everything dropping out of the structure. Its also a way to disincentive structure spam because anything you put in there is no longer permanently safe. I think EvE has gotten away from null-sec being the super scary, super lucrative place it used to be, and I’d like to push for that once more. So you need the stick of no more asset saftey, but also the carrot of more isk in nullsec

1 Like

@Amelia_Duskspace I have added your replies to the thread

Do you have any links for interviews that you have been on? Gives me something to listen to while I am working :slight_smile:

I like your view on the nature of changes. I support.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.