An idea that can change the scope of eve meta forever

also if they dont go to the winner why the hell use the rankings at all? why not randomly give out these new special bpos like a lottery? i mean i cant see that going south… maybe they should try it? i mean its not like its been done before…

1 Like

Clan Jade Falcon challenges for the rights to produce the TimberWolf Omnimech.

What do you bid to defend your BPO?

Removed some off topic remarks that contributed nothing to this thread.

~Buldath

Its more of a “lets join these guys because then we can get this and this weapon system” which encourages bunching up even more.
It could be a conflict driver, but i think it is much more of a incentive to bunch up and share the tech. Discouraging smaller corps and alliance gameplay, because the big power blocks can get something smaller corps can never get.
It makes it a clear advantage (more then it already is) to bunch up and befriend people.

iv addressed the issues with larger entities on multiple fronts. I am totally for breaking them up, and i think most everyone else is, at least to some degree.

However, this does not only need to be an alliance tournament reward, we could shift it to something else in eve, like rare drops rewards, etc that could potentially only drop once.

a really interesting idea would be to add some sort of new system to salvage, which allows you to understand technologies, and create new ones by salvaging them and studying the hull. maybe make “Hull” a dropped items, and then allow it to be reprocessed into the current components so there is a choice to study the hull, or get the items for rigs.

Industry do needs new mechanics. But it must not be restricted by “single hands”. It must be free.

No, it must not.

The entire point of this suggestion is to break up the meta. To give alliances each a unique item, or ship. not give them all a bunch of new crap.

You REALLY need to learn Eve’s history. It’s been done before and it wasn’t good. It does not work and will lead to very bad gameplay except for the few who own these things.

1 Like

There could be licenses from CONCORD (as example) on buildings a titans, supercarriers, carriers. And the alliance should meet the requirements in order to get such a license (summary security status of pilots, minimum number of pilots, corporations etc.). Those who cannot meet such a requirements can obtain blueprints from rouge factions and build rouge versions of capitals only.
But there must be properly panel of requirements and they must be out of individials but irrelevant to any person or group.

There was a topic about capitals Too many Supers!. This could fit it well.

Even those people will be affected by disbalance.

Today, i was considering the idea of a"supply" system. Like in Starcraft.

an alliance has to build specific modules on a station, and that expands the cap/super limit. a module gives 10 caps, 5 supers for example. Other wise they cannot get in them.

while this idea would piss off alot of null sec, it would quickly turn capitals into a support system more then larger ships.

another idea is a special type of fuel produced by the stations, and the caps need these when undocked, and so using them in fleets is ok, but ratting is not (as it would use up the fuel).

The bigger richer alliances would be the most capable of building and defending supply structures as well as most capable of destroying the supply structures of their enemies.

All it does it make it easier to make sure small people can’t have supers.

1 Like

What if I manage to be allied with a bunch of alliance who happen to all have one different item and use them together? Am I not then becoming an entity with a bunch of new “crap”?

Don’t question his magnificence. He’ll just proclaim you an alt of mine (because everyone that doesn’t see things exactly the way he does is apparently one of my alts :joy:) and ignore you.
Have a read through his other “suggestions” and hope with us that he gets banned / moves to Hello Kitty Online.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.