An Idea to balance Ewar for Solo and Fleet so that it doesn't become overpowered for either one like currently

you change sensor type by changing ship races, there are modules to increase your sensor power, there are weapons that don’t worry about target lock, use them.

also I fail to disagree, I have 1 shot people, and nado gankers 1 shot people all the time sooo yeah

I think people are giving ecm more attention than it actually needs. Granted when I see my ship being jammed it sucks but it is very rare that you have competent ecm pilots and for the most part you can one shot most ships fitted for ecm between cycles. Especially one fitted to cater for all racial types because of poor planning or just does not know.

Now a falcon… I stay away from those. :slight_smile: One day when i have the SP again to fly a marauder… that is what I am going for against a falcon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not trying to disprove your experience in any way. Obviously you could have a lowsec alt, or something more active in PvP. You should try flying in low sec for a bit and see if you find your experience similar to mine. Though you are probably right when you are using a Ganking Proteus to smack miners ECM is not something you need to think much about.

or…

When you fighting 15 people with a scorpion on you along with ecm drones, 9 people died the rest ran away. Would have liked to kill more battleships though but the smaller stuff was holding me down to much so I had to pop them. Thank god for pills. :slight_smile:

https://zkillboard.com/related/30001714/201801272200/

So… do not assume please.

Otherwise I might just as well assume you are incapable of flying on your own because you can only kill ships with a group of people.

I use to fly in null and low and yes, ECM is a thing when group are flying and light ecm drones being the bane of most people existence. But lets be honest. If you fly a frigate and losing to 5 people also sporting ecm… your are screwed the minute you engaged. Now take the ecm away… it will be a lot more fun fight yes. I agree.

But EVE is not fair and if you play EVE to fight fair you have lost the engagement already.

2 Likes

Nice fight dude impressive, but yea If ECM was less oppressive to the point it gave the side an advantage but not perma jam then it would be fine, as there is still ways to fight. But no point continuing this thread as CCP has already shown their video on what they are focusing on (6000 man fights) they will leave ecm as it is for the next 10-20 year’s so meh :confused:

1 Like

No please assume that. It would seem as though you have looked at my killboards and seen that I do not in anyway fly solo fights. Don’t really like them, not why I play the game. If you have some insight as to how you where able to keep from being jammed other then by sheer dumb luck please tell me because that would be very interesting. One fight on a board is a pretty poor way of judging this sort of thing but it is certainly enough for your opinion to be valid. That was why I tried to make it clear why I was commenting about your comment.

TlDr-Rebuttle not recap follows:
Have you ever fit an ewar ship? They have weak tanks, weak dps, usually slow. Very role specific 99.9% of the time. (See torp scorps) They work best in groups (ie small gangs to TiDi inducing fleets,) not really solo. They are a force multiplier. Make the available dps seem more powerful than it is by blocking logi, not allowing enemies to target you outside of your range, and target painters are quite powerful when the group focuses fire on the painted target by allowing higher dps application.

Ewar is great. Just by them being on grid and not even doing anything changes how the fight goes. They help to keep ship numbers of group vs. group from being such a devistating factor in the outcome.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.