Hey guys - while checking on the functionality of tracking disruptors today, I started on a train of thought about how ewar/support modules work and I’ve found them lacking, at the moment.
The modules functionality is spread all over the place, some by legacy, some intentional.
I’d like to bring this proposal to the table - just to check it for flaws here, let me know what you think of it - please don’t bring the flame.
Ewar changes proposal
At the moment we have four ewar classes:
ECM - deals with sensor strenght
Damps - deals with scan res, targeting range
Painters - deals with sig radius
Disruptors - deals with module efficiency (preparing the ground here:) )
- Ewar/counter ewar modules unified - functionality improved by scripting.
- Functionality as follows:
- increase friendly & own sensor strenght
- decrease enemy sensor strenght
- chance to jam enemies on cycle
- increase friendly & own scan res
- increase friendly & own targeting range
- decrease enemy scan res
- decrease enemy targeting range
- decrease friendly and own signature radius
- Increase enemy sig radius
- increase friendly logi application
Disruptors (biggest change)
- increase friendly & own application (both missiles and weapons)
- decrease enemy application (both missiles and weapons)
- Decrease enemy logi application (used on logi target)
- decrease enemy logi application (used on logi itself)
This will require the unification of certain modules functionality
- Tracking disruptors & remote tracking computers
- Sensor damps & sebo/rsebo
- ECM & sebo/rsebo
It will also make using ewar ships more easy & flexible - atm it’s just an artificial barrier of going back to reship and/or bringing enough ewar/support that you have all situations covered - with the drawback that some pilots may sit out the engagement.
With these changes you can ensure that every ewar pilot you bring can also double as support, if needed, and the other way around.