An idea to counter super proliferation

It actually is that simple.

1 Like

As for the OP, I fail to see why we need to ‘counter super proliferation.’ Do we need to counter shuttle proliferation? What about frig proliferation… do we need to counter that? How about cruiser proliferation?

As for this:

Opinions are like buttholes. Everybody has one.

I think the devs should refrain from tailoring the game to the preferred playstyles of special interests.

My coalition has over a 1000 titans. We just used them to roflstomp another coalition because they couldn’t compete. The didn’t even undock, they just evacuated.

Guess what the other nullsec mega-coalitions are doing now?

You ain’t seen super proliferation yet.

3 Likes

This has a lot to do with why this game is failing.

Edit: Nice example of Dev painting one’s self into corner.

1 Like

Id love to see something to allow specifically smaller groups to punch upwards and at least have achance at killing some titans in a fight instead of none. I personally like the anti cap bomber idea but itd have to be really strictly controlled and a guaranteed death (for the bombers I mean, fair is fair death for death.) if you brought it on field. Like they only get one or two bombs that are specific to super caps and you would need like 10 to 20 on a super to kill it. They should also be capped somehow so that it is forced to be used in small numbers but I have no clue how one would do that.

I know this won’t be popular, but maybe its time to revert Supers back to their Pre HP/Dmg buffs, from whatever expansion that was. :laughing:

Sounds like a fun mechanic for the guy who spends a couple of months grinding to finally get his Super, only to have it instantly deleted in 12 seconds by a bombing run.

Just adding more burst damage is not the solution to capital proliferation.

2 Likes

Rarely are there ideal fixes, and I realize that fairness is very subjective at times, but something needs to be done.

1 Like

That something is not more burst damage.

2 Likes

I agree.

That won’t work. If you just make supers cheaper, the groups that already have a lot of supers will get more too and we’ll be in the same position.

I agree though that supers ( and to a lesser extent logi) are absolutely toxic to the long term health of the game. CCP should have implemented some kind of mechanic to keep supers rare, like an upkeep cost, some special rare/expensive fuel requirementl, or something like that. But that ship has sailed and I don’t know how they can fix the problem without pissing off half of nullsec.

That article is pretty much spot on.

1 Like

Welcome to eve? Also you’re wrong?

Mind explaining why?

Just saying more burst damage is not a solution to capital proliferation isn’t really an argument. Also I wasn’t necessarily thinking burst damage. Why not have some additional damage to hit things with?

Because I like said before:

Burst damage is a no fun mechanic. This is nothing more than demand “Since CCP won’t just delete capitals, give us a weapon that we can use to delete them for ourselves.”

Burst damage is a very fun mechanic. And Titans have a delete cap weapon as well so I dont really buy that argument. No this would be good. No deleting capitals isnt the answer but giving some tools to punch up a bit would be.

1 Like

I would like to see your Titan warp into the middle of a fleet fight, “delete cap” and warp off with a covert ops cloak. You’re trying to compare apples and oranges here, bud.

Oh you didn’t read :slight_smile: I said the bombers should die as well in most of the situations…like too heavy to warp too fast or something. Also no, no cloak. And no im really not…uh bud? You always seem to hate change from what ive seen of your posts heh.

And if Titans didn’t exist? You’d just have way more of ‘whatever else’ than the other coalition, and they still wouldn’t be able to compete.

All you would be doing is insuring that the super-rich (goons, TEST, etc) have access to the big toys, while nobody else does.

1 Like