An idea to counter super proliferation

Not if Supercaps get a reasonable counter implemented, ie: Not another supercap.

2 Likes

Well, yeah. “IF”. My time with CCP has lead me to take “IFs” with a large grain of (dare I say it?) … salt.

No pun intended.

1 Like

Nullsec Local removal was also a big “IF” not so long ago I recall … and yet …

Bring back aoe damage from titans but with a twist results in destruction of your titan but does stupid amount of damage. Also module will have a 2 min warm up time or something and cant be canceled. So you come after my 5 titans with your 1000 your lose your entire fleet if you cant get out of range within time.

mutually assured destruction.

Just remove Titan/Super Bpo and BPc from the game, leave the last remaining supers to slowly die out like AT ships.

Might help cut down on sprawl a bit, which would be nice.

The only reason some places got claimed was because it looked “nice” on the Eve influence maps. :roll_eyes:

I think that no one knows what they really want…

You can hear a gate being used

Isnt WSpace just as big? And Eve-Scouts maps most of it every rollover.

it is boring as hell in blackout null …
so far int he area I am in nothing is going on an no one is playing .
Or i am not on when other players are online.
Whatever.
very boring…

1 Like

Feel free to fly a tornado into Jita and do something?

I realize it may be a bit shocking but it might be time to adapt how you play to the changes.
That’s been a principle of this game since launch.

To be honest, I see the outcry as clear evidence CCP needed to do this, the break the stagnate-gameplay rot going on in the game.

Which region are you flying through. There are several pockets of dead regions because they are nothing more than renters and botter regions. If you go there, you’ll find them empty since more are hiding from fear of no local.

Other regions that have nullsec activity exist and I’m getting a fight almost each time I undock.

So they just cyno 5 of their titans into the middle of your 5 titans, everyone’s titans on both sides die, and now you have 0 titans and they have 995 titans.

Or, really, any iteration of any strategy that results in you losing all of your titans and them losing a similar number of titans basically counts as a victory for them, especially with the excess production capacity generally available to folks with a thousand titans to throw around.

#alreadyreplaced

You really want to put a damper on super proliferation?

Make resources finite.

2 Likes

This would only make the problem worse as now everyone who as a capital fleet gets grandfathered into it, while everyone else must now compete against one another for the finite resources. You effectively lock Goons, TEST, Frat, PanFam, Snuff, and the other major groups that already have their capital fleets into being the only groups that can continue to build them.

So now you still have the problem of capital proliferation, only this time, everyone who already has 'em is pretty much guaranteed to be the only ones who can build 'em.

4 Likes

But everybody else has nothing to lose.

It is confirmed: you’re daft.

But it will not break it at all!

Except with wormholes you cant, unless you plan on putting a scout on every renewable wh entrance as well.

And like I said earlier, people may enter nullsec, YOU might hear them in one place but they might just remain there for another victim to pass through as well.