An interesting idea of ending Minmatar-Amarr conflict

Yes, you’re right, collaboration of your beliefs by someone following a slightly different version of the same goddamn religion with no actual tangible evidence is a clear sign that I should change my ways.

Edit: I feel I’m starting to sound like a concise version of Arrendis

3 Likes

I hope you don’t eat people.

The Amarr religion is not a belief it is fact and we have proof it has worked for us, we were in the heavens long before you people even discovered how to build a fire.

Pay.
Attention.
I was born in Amarr space. My mother and Father were Amarrian. I am you people. I simply happen to reject the self serving delusions.
It has not always worked for us. Ask the Jove. If it’s fact, why are the Caldari and Gallente still independent? Why is there a free nation of the Matari?

2 Likes

Because God wills it. We have our test, infidel. Now enough of because…

You are not Amarrian any longer. You are an outcast. Go join the Jove.

Exactly the considered and thought provoking response I expected

2 Likes

So your God wills the end of countless lives of it’s “chosen people” just to test you? I don’t think any being like that is deserving of worship even if it does exist and I have not seen any proof of that.

2 Likes

Why are you people still feeding this troll?

3 Likes

It’s kinda entertaining.

3 Likes

Cue superhero voice, “Yes, but at what cost?”

2 Likes

You’re not wearing the tights, are you?

Oh? You are?

4 Likes

Oh, bless your heart.

1 Like

But the Amarr believe in life eternal, so of course, the end of those lives doesn’t really matter. Although I’ve heard some theologians say that the unfaithful are “deleted” as they are seen as unfit, much like a farmer raises cattle. God has often been viewed as a kind of shepherd. I wonder if there is some truth to it, like, what if the universe is conscious and it is trying really hard to get life to be able to listen to it? It gets frustrated, and gets some people to kill other people. People have been on this God jam a long time and it’s not going away, obviously. Seems there’s something to it besides just delusion.

Just a random thought. The Republic is f****ed, though. I would never live there, even if I was allowed to - in peace and freedom. I’m actually more free in Amarr than I am in the Republic currently because of some stupid ritual. The Gallente just support it because it’s their shield against Amarr and the Caldari, so they will never be defunded. That would end the Minmatar-Amarr conflict because the Minmatar couldn’t afford nearly as many ships as they can now. But then, the war would become a straight up Amarr-Gallente conflict, and that would be a lot messier and a lot less productive.

I’d be way happier with a Gallente / Amarr conflict with the State and Republic able to be neutral.

2 Likes

Why can’t God just show itself and directly tell everyone that it exists and wants us to follow a clear set of morals instead of all of the different interpretations that exist.

2 Likes

It’s beliefs like this that contribute so much to human suffering. That suffering in this life doesn’t matter because there’s a better place after you die, a place we can’t know actually exists until we’ve died. Yet no one can come back, if there’s truly a place to go to and I’m not convinced there is, and so the lack of evidence against this place is taken as evidence for this place.

Do you see the problem?

3 Likes

Because nobody would believe Him.

2 Likes

Sorry, it’s me. I didn’t realise keeping quiet would cause such a fuss. The most appropriate form of worship involves the consumption of chocolate. Please stop fighting, release your slaves and eat chocolate.

3 Likes

You’re not addressing idiots Tannia, I think everyone here, including the Amarrians can see such a blatantly simple “problem.”

What you seem to fail to understand completely is that the Amarrians have had first hand evidence for God for thousands upon thousands of years. Not only do they have evidence for whatever God is, those of us who are paying attention to whatever the hell the Amarrians are doing have evidence for whatever God is.

Whether or not it’s what the Amarrians have determined it is (which varies from city to city, planet to planet and constellation to constellation in myriad ways…) is besides the point.

This simple grunt and point double action of condemning the Amarrians for having old-fashioned “outdated” beliefs isn’t helping anyone and in the end, it’s actually fairly primitive thinking in and of itself. They reached the stars before us, they have the nicest piece of real estate in the cluster, they have a culture that has stood the test of time. The Jovians, who I actually have some authority to speak on, took up many of the same beliefs the anti-Amarrians hold today - they adhered to science alone, fact, even abandoning dialecticism to a point and look where it got them. The dead and dying is not something I want to become…

Maybe God doesn’t exist, but the mere act of believing in one God uniting a people seems to trigger a hidden strength far beyond mere camaraderie and determination. I’d like to know what it is. The Amarrians even have a saying about it:

“Surround yourself with the faithful, Stand together, for there is no strength like it under the heavens.”

What this informs us is that the Amarrians do not merely think this is a good idea to stick together, they think there is something magical taking place behind the scenes. Maybe this is a physics we just don’t understand, and maybe a belief in a common great god who is specifically almighty (not merely a tribal god who controls one or another aspect of universe, as these seem to fail consistently) is the key to unlocking this hidden potential of Man. This factor of being almighty is the one thing about God every Amarrian seems to agree upon…

I am not interested in seeing a one-god universe, unless that God is somehow intimately connected with the diversity of Mankind. Any God that is separate from humans would be a remarkably boring God and a society that would ultimately lead to all kinds of brutality as we have seen with the Amarrians. I am interested in better ideas of God and what God might ultimately turn out to be, and that’s something no one is really looking at.

3 Likes

When you discuss religion you shall not insult religious feeling of people you are talking with. If you insult their God by mistake or ignorance, you shall bring immediately apologies.

I have met similar “conversational” traits from a lot of gallente and minmatar, who sincerely believe that they can insult our heroes and Gods of other nations without need to apologize for that. I am trying to be a philosopher around here, but when I see such low-life scum, who tries to argument without realizing basic ethical norms, I prefer to treat them professionally. And my profession is a soldier.

I fight and kill enemies of the State.

So, if you want a real argument and not making a nuisance out of yourself, you must immediately bring apologies for insulting their God, otherwise, I believe, it would be our turn to simply discard your type of “argument”.

D. Kim, Strike Commander,
State Protectorate, CMC,
Caldari State

2 Likes

I honestly don’t really like idea of being neutral to the Republic. Just look at people like Anabella Rella. I prefer being able to shoot through their heads without breaking any laws and regulations - because, at this point, I believe it is pretty clear that any attempts of negotiation with these people will be in vain.

D. Kim, Strike Commander,
State Protectorate, CMC,
Caldari State

1 Like