An old article about ideas UO and Crowfall developer in PVP

Evidence where?

1 Like

Itā€™s weird how many of the ā€œPvP is the only way!ā€ crowd seem to have really poor reading comprehension.

I mean, in the very post you replied to I say ā€œThe design of EVE means that PvP needs to be integrated into the game throughout, and encouraged, and enabled.ā€

So much for ā€œthe mere existence of PvP bothers meā€. That plus the fact that many of my posts say we need more, better, more accessible PvP.

But oh well, I guess any crowd that identifies ā€œhunting noobs in safe space is lameā€ as hate speech are going to have difficulty processing anything they read that doesnā€™t match their ā€œonly PvP is goodā€ filters.

Perhaps you think EVE is awesome and wonderful and the only problem is that so many players are weak and stupid and canā€™t handle the game so they leave.

My own view is that EVE is poorly designed for both PvE and PvP, and players are mostly leaving (or not joining in the first place) because EVE is not providing a good overall gaming experience to most PvErā€™s or most PvPers.

My view is that EVE could do better on both fronts.

Sorry if that gets your panties in a knot. Guess youā€™ll just have to deal with it.

4 Likes

Stopped reading at the personal insult.

4 Likes

Selfish people who donā€™t PvP but come to a PvP game and try to change it into something else.

Talk about your special snowflakes.

6 Likes

EVE is not a ā€œpvp gameā€ Call of Duty is a pvp game.

EVE is an MMORPG featuring pvp. One can play and enjoy EVE without enjoying pvp or seeking to take part in pvp.

2 Likes

The special snowflakes are the ones who keep thinking that a game where every MER ever released shows 4x as much PvE happening as PvP, and where CCPā€™s own statistics say about 15% of players PvP, and where 70% of the population lives in high secā€¦ is a ā€œPvP gameā€.

As Llama said, this is a mostly PvE MMORPG that has a bit more emphasis than usual on PvP.

It would also be interesting to see you point out any messages in this thread attempting to change EVE into ā€œnot a PvP gameā€.

Iā€™d call ā€˜special snowflakesā€™ the ones who see things that arenā€™t there, but think theyā€™re right anyway.

PS: For the hard of reading - because I point out the way the PvE/PvP balance in EVE is, does not mean thatā€™s the way I think it should be. EVE is simply designed poorly for itā€™s own stated objectives. If you want more PvP, design for it. Itā€™s as simple as that.

2 Likes

Is that because you are a wonderful human being, yourself? Ye of impure heart, can make no demands of purity on those that are better than yourself. Sorry, thatā€™s not how it works.

1 Like

Given all the ideas on the forums, some of them good, I get an impression of CCP. Itā€™s just one guy that reads the forums, and for 2 minutes a week he sums up the players thoughts to his superiors. 2 minutes might be generous though. Nah it couldnā€™t take 2 minutes. 2 sentences.

And then on the other hand, they gave us that skilling spree poll and then they acted on it. That makes me wonder. Maybe theyā€™ll balance the new skilling spree bonus with something truly awful, just to keep us on our toes.

No my dear. EVE is a PvP sandbox at itā€™s core. EVERYTHING even the few repetitive and boring PvE elements are designed around players competing with each other at all times in various forms (not just direct ship combat).

4 Likes

Source?

1 Like

You live in a fantasy world, which is okay.

I live in the real world. In the real world I understand that ā€¦

irrational, unfounded, non-sensical and generalised attacks against a tiny group of people, a minority, who does nothing wrong and actually plays exactly as intended ā€¦

ā€¦ is HateSpeech.

They make no difference between the individuals of the group. They lump them all into the same bucket. Feel free to live in your fantasy world, where you probably believe youā€™re a good person.

I donā€™t believe Iā€™m a good person. I also donā€™t believe Iā€™m a bad person either. In reality I donā€™t give a single flying ā– ā– ā– ā–  about that at all, because such thoughts only matters to assholes who usually believe to be good, while theyā€™re actually really, really bad.

Feel free to spend seconds about a philosophical topic Iā€™ve spent years with, and donā€™t forget to make sure to show me how much more you know about this than I do.

I love you. :slight_smile:
*hugs*

3 Likes

Player Activty - CCP Quant

Itā€™s funny how when you quote someone else and edit their words to imply youā€™re smart and theyā€™re dumb:

that is apparently the ā€œcogent and reasoned argument of a superior logicianā€. But when I point out that your reading comprehension could use work when you clearly and obviously either did not read, did not understand, or read and understood but ignored anyway in order to make a straw-man attack, that is a personal insult?

A bit thin-skinned for a ā€œHTFU and PvP or GTFOā€ type, donā€™t you think?

I guess thereā€™s a type of person who only engages when the other person is unlikely to shoot back. I guess a lot of those people come to EVE to PvP, and hang out in high sec where itā€™s safe for them to do so while they pretend theyā€™re badass PvPers.

When I disapprove of any PvP, that is the style I disapprove of. I donā€™t even say itā€™s invalid or that it shouldnā€™t be in EVE. Just that it is an unsustainable type of PvP to base much of a game on. EVE needs more and better designed PvP, not constant cries for weak easy targets in safe space.

Your own killboard shows that you personally only occasionally indulge in shooting fish in a barrel in high sec, and that you are more than capable at PvP in actually risky regions. So itā€™s odd that you get so sensitive about calls for better and more interesting PvP, and less abusive and game-cannibalizing PvP.

Perhaps you need to look at the bigger picture?

1 Like

Stop smoking that, it kills brain cells.

4 Likes

Keep telling yourself that, like the 1000s who have come before.

In 6 months you will quit for some other Merry Go Round and we will still be here PvPing.

Fish from the River Fodder.

6 Likes

Ok so I guess EVE is a warp market game. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Excuse me, but the fact that there are over four million gate jumps DAILY ā€¦
ā€¦ DAILY ā€¦
ā€¦ means that itā€™s a travelling game.

I win this thread.
Youā€™re all dismissed.

:blush:

7 Likes

Youā€™re wrong.

2 Likes

The easy way to prove that point is a hunt :rofl:

Surely you mean ā€œsitting in forums talking big about PvP but never actually doing itā€, since thatā€™s what your actual PvP record is.

Itā€™s kinda sad when you ask for verification of data, and when the data doesnā€™t show what you want, you try to deflect it with irrelevancy. The fact that PvP is a minority activity in EVE, the fact it takes an inordinate amount of boring warp travel to get most things done, and the fact that there is 4x as much PvE going on as conflict is simply an indicator of bad design.

And when somebody comes along and says ā€œEVE really needs to be designed better to provide more PvPā€ your response is ā€œif you hate PvP so much go away!ā€. Really? Thatā€™s some superior logician work right there I guess.

Then clearly, there is no shortage of PvP in high sec, and everyone doing anything at all in high already is PvPing. So all your complaints about the safety and ā€˜carebearsā€™ of high sec become rather meaningless.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just following your argument to itā€™s conclusion. EVE is not a PvP game because only 13% of players PvPed. It is a travel and trade simulator since almost everyone is warping, docking, and using the market.

EDIT: I have to admit I donā€™t read your entire posts, just quick skimming. You sound like a very indignant person and reading the soapboxing hurts my eyes.

2 Likes