An Open and Honest Letter to CCP from an Alliance Leader

Because they havent said so. Why would I put words in their mouths when they are saying that the benefit of increased costs for the consumer are events for a small number of users?

Im glad we agree. What we dont agree on is whether people should ask for an honest answer, or make excuses for a multi million dollar company with a millionaure CEO who said “Greed is good” in official documentation.

4 Likes

That is a fair reply. Thanks. I still disagree with you but I understand where you’re coming from better with that answer. o7

2 Likes

Thank you too :slight_smile: I like it when people can disagree but see each others points and still be able to be decent with each other about it.

2 Likes

I’ve no problems with folk asking, I’d just be very surprised if you got one.

2 Likes

Oh I dont expect one from this company.

But it doesnt mean I shouldnt keep asking.

Maybe someday they’ll actually try some customer service outside of the (very good imho) support staff.

Also, I really hope Photon’s budget didnt come out of the increase. That would suck.

Get rid of asset safety in null then

3 Likes

Buff the income and get rid of assest saftey totally in null. Blow up a keepstar you get the loot

Eventually it will be fertile but that’s also because you can’t really do much with that land for a while. It’s why you can’t just put animal material like flesh or blood in the compost pile. It takes a long time until it becomes safe and usable. Blood meal is a garden supplement, but the blood takes a great deal of processing with additives to make it useful.

The sharp hooves of most livestock also aerate the sod. That factors in too.

Your analogy is still quite accurate though (just not complete). By using certain space as a ganking kill zone you will find that the industry folks will move to better land. Once the old space lies fallow from ganking and becomes fertile again the industrialists might return. However, land that is consistently dangerous will simply go unused in favor of safer pastures. It’s why predators must hunt a huge area. If they don’t the prey will move elsewhere and the wolves starve (resorting to cannibalism).

Behold, the EVE environment. It’s also why gankers are wrong calling others risk averse. The other players are following the natural process. Gankers are trying to force others to not follow the natural process (like wolves attempting to build corrals).

2 Likes

Not really. Guess someone binged some Nat Geo and got inspired to make a philosophically wrong post huh?

:rofl: what? Eve Online is supposed to always be a dangerous, dystopic, gritty, low-life high-tech universe filled with shady characters, backstabbing, scams, and explosions. Where the toughest PVP and social interactions reign, characters you didn’t know would probably want to kill you, even in and especially in high sec, where CONCORD was routinely bribed to bless conflicts left and right as “legal”.

Eve Online’s reputation in the 2000’s and early 2010s was one of tough-as-nails PVP and some of the most ridiculous personalities and players you’d ever meet: you had to have IRL guts to play. The common response was to HTFU.

Now the game is a watered down puddle where anyone who wants to shut out the reality that the universe is a displeasurable place, can do so with reasonable success with little effort. And can play “pretend” and mis-manage their expectations. And CCP lets them be mis-managed if it means they can earn more money.

Now in 2022 if people want to make whiny posts about the only asymmetric form of high sec PVP left – ganking – they gain followers and can even be an Eve Partner. These soft players have wrecked the dream that was New Eden by trying to – and CCP somewhat indulging them – turn it into an instanced PVE simulator. And in this very thread are people whining about the universe instead of HTFU and taking a good hard look at themselves and figuring out how to best engage the universe on their terms.

It’s those players who have been eroding the “natural order” of the universe by trying to erect padded walls that insulate themselves from other players, avoid confict, and forgo social interactions. Or avoid self-reflection and HTFU and just saying “I won’t play” without actually letting the next-gen of up-and-coming nullsec-er players who do want to play having the reigns, because let’s face it: they won’t log in to play, but they’ll gladly log in supers at the last minute if it means keeping their ossified disused space empire out in null.

6 Likes

Snowballs.
EVE has to teach competition, cooperation is the natural order in high trust societies.

Who cares what “natural order” is, let alone “in real life”, which Eve is not?

1 Like

The game isn’t real life but it is nonetheless played by real people who have a stronger connection to and are more affected by the real environment around them than by whatever happens in virtual world governed by bits of 1 and 0 and who are still influenced by the real-life natural order.

1 Like

Was that supposed to be enlightening? “People play games and identify more strongly with the real world than their games”.

When I joined 10 years ago, the game didn’t have to teach me anything. On day 2 of playing another player flipped my jetcan and returned in a hyperion. Day 3 our gaming community’s corp got wardec’d, and day 4 every one of us had player bounties put on our heads.

That wasn’t some artificial intelligence “teaching” us the hard way. That was other people. Living, breathing, fleshy people born in these “high trust societies”. Turns out, people can separate fiction from reality, like adults. People taught the competitive game.

CCP has been taking those tools away that let players teach each other these lessons, and everyone is so deluded with the trappings of reality they’ve lost touch with the fantastical spirit of the game that they think this sort of padded-wall-indirect-interaction gameplay we have of today is a good thing for the game.

5 Likes

No one is invalidating your experience,
but when reality collides with delusion someone gets hurt.
CCP is working hard to teach people how to play their game.
It’s their game. The creator owns and controls.
Truth trumps nostalgia and the only constant is change.

2 Likes

Bro take some deep breaths :smiley:

Sure they didn’t bro. Sure they didn’t :smiley:

Citation required

The only one I can give:

Oh wow 20hrs of meetings.

And as we all know, meetings are the same as actually doing work.

And with the CSM no less! Who profess to have no influence on CCP and who claim not to get to hear anything advantageous to their groups!

Those must be worth having.

1 Like

Well Ramona, either the Null has a hold on the CSM which has an undue influence on CCP or it does not.
I play a rarefied game of predictions, but I don’t have a crystal ball.
I know, maybe, as much as you do.

1 Like