Ancient Aliens

Booh no fun science there, atleast they could have asked you do do some really bad science. Like collecting bits of people and putting them together, for the purpose of having fun one stormy night…

1 Like

They get mixed up in good and bad.
There’s a lot of deceiving but they also invest in it too.
They like to think it’s better, but if the data they use is approved by those who would cause relation problem, it could be worst, and it is worst then.

What? I’ll need evidence from credible sources that fluoride salt based nuclear fission technology is a dead end. From what I’ve been reading, the world’s nuclear scientists seem to disagree with that. Particularly the ones not attached to LWR and are familiar with the work done in Oak Ridge.

Some solar energy technologies use fluoride salts as their medium to transport heat for energy conversion purposes as well. They’re working just fine. Fluoride salts are an established technology that work in a variety of applications, including nuclear.

Fissile materials store energy from stars that went super nova long ago. No carbon output either.

We’re not there yet and the biggest problem is our carbon output. I’m not willing to risk the planet for renewables only.

Unfortunately, depending on renewables, like solar alone won’t alleviate that problem. That energy you capture from solar will be more than what the planet normally captures. The conversion process and the use of that energy results in waste heat.

I already think that energy is an inalienable human right as it’s necessary to promote education, good health and human liberties. More importantly I think abundant energy that won’t choke us in its fumes or trap excess amounts of heat in our atmosphere is vital. We have water based fission in widespread use now, Gen IV fission reactors, including fluoride salt based reactors, are coming online now, and fusion in small slow reactors is in our foreseeable future. We need to use what we have now, including renewables, in order to save what we have left. We’ll adapt new policies as our technology develops to deal with the new problems. It’s what we’ll end up doing no matter which path we take. Some are hopefully easier and more effective in the long run.

Anyhow, I’m done my rant. I’ll go back to lurking.

2 Likes
2 Likes

That’s the kind of science I am talking about, I am sure aliens would get behind such an idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

How long would it take to travel the charged Baghdad batteries from Giza, Egypt to Baghdad if not around 3 days?
Google Maps suggests 358 Hours on foot.
Converted to days equals: 14 Days and 22 Hours!

I am sure they would have used camels

The camels can work during the night shift to save some time…

Why is this even a question? Why does it matter?

Someone suggested , according to Murphy’s Law about Duct Tape running out when you need it the most,
we found out that we would have used most of all duct tape and it still would not have been enough.
If we could have put a computer with a laser on the interstellar ancient aliens asteroid, we could have received signal from outer space, although the duct tape would have ran out.
We would have had to shoot the thing as it was approaching earth at incredibly high velocity and kinetic energy levels.
To try to reach it on it’s way out would not have worked.
It would have saved us at least over 400 to 40,000 years at current speed though, and would give us a good chance to become more ancient too…
Maybe we should get more prepared if we get another one.
It may not be the fastest by then, but it would probably save us a lot of energy.

As for the Energy in Giza to travel, it was designed after the Sphinx, and I’m not so sure we know exactly why yet, let alone some of the other factors involved in the process.
Some of the chemicals produced by hydrolysis would have been usable in batteries to create energy.

Also, if you get the camel to work during night shift, they may need rest during the day and so on.
It would not save time but it may save efforts.

If you take life from earth and move it out it is extra terrestrial, if you consider terrestrial to be in the earth, or, from the earth, or, in and around the earth.
Of course, if you don’t, then it may mean something else, but it may not be the easiest meaning.

Hall of Records entrance is under the Sphinx.

1 Like

1 Like

Interesting idea to put a computer and laser on an asteroid, hopefully it would not be considered littering or an attack. By any aliens it may encounter…

Not if it does attack them though.
Consideration have little to do with facts, regardless of what they are.
Aliens can think whatever they want, but if they are attacked and die by it, it may not be fair to them.

Also, the opportunity to reach another system (solar or other) is and would be the best we have so far.
It is a more concrete opportunity than to develop other forms of travel at this time.

Also, from reading the object was around 300 metres.
Something hitting it on its way in, before it leaves our system, and while it comes towards us, is the only way it could be reached.
It would still be very complicated with our current systems.

I don’t recall any data similar in the past 2 billion years.
It may be the last we had, although, hopefully not.
We also don’t know where it is headed to.
I also didn’t know that stars were orbiting, I always thought they were moving in a more linear and straight line fashion and direction.
Of course, the force of the star pull is so strong, that we don’t feel it.
I am not sure which systems are used to detect that.

I saw one satellite which was sent in a different direction than on the solar system plane.
It was heading in a more perpendicular direction, even though it was probably harder to reach there, than the solar plane, for it.

As for the laser and computer , I am not sure that is the best or minimum system which would work.
I think a good example or practical experience can be had from the Voyager probe, and the other similar systems launched.
The goals are to gather data from the other system, or the general locations, and also to communicate with us.
I think laser communication is already possible, though, I don’t know which communication system would be best.
Of course, it would be sad that the system does not communicate data it gathers, or that the communication does not have the data we sent it to get.

I did not verify much of the sensor systems to get this kind of data.
Also, if the device is on the wrong side , or, only on one side, the communication may not work.
Also, since it was rotating quickly, it would be hard for it to get a good communication unless there is some way to compensate for it.

I believe the communication systems use a sensor to collect data and interpret it into meaningful communication via code.

The laser could be used to send a signal from space, in a similar way we can send a laser signal and analyse it returning to us by reflection or from it’s speed.
The computer would be used to make calculation and automate functions, but probes with sensors already use those (electronic computer systems for calculation and control).

https://www.space.com/29512-mars-mission-radiation-nasa-challenge.html

It would be good to have shut-down programs for in case that it would be better for the devices to stop functioning, if not self-destruct.

Moonjs: An Online Apollo Guidance Computer (AGC) Simulator

Any aliens might get pissed we put our stuff on their stuff :slight_smile:

Maybe there’s nobody on it yet.

It’s nice to have a new global 100 trillion global market cap, however, it would not be so nice if it became based on fears rather than more secure facts.
While it’s obvious that many use this excuse to monopolize many things, it’s nonetheless not making it any more worthwhile or legal.
It’s fuel for conflicts.

As I mentioned before, it’s no better if they died because we put stuff on their stuff, even if worst happened to the other party involved, as if to make some kind of excuse.

Edit:
At 7m (metres)per roll of duct tape, 10 rolls = 70m and 100 rolls 700m, which is enough to go the length of the 300m asteroid twice.
Of course, it would not be good to slow it down too much, as it may stop it from travelling around.
Too much glue can also have a negative sticky effect.
It would take a lot more rolls to go around the solar system to catch the thing or stick something on it.

But what if the aliens got really mad and decided to invade Poland?, where would we be then?.