[NEWS/DISCUSSION]: Minmatar Archaeological Kerfuffle Resolved

Well! It looks like the issues around those ndokassi have been worked out!

It’s a shame about the allergy… but that might just be among that small group, who knows? And it’s nice to see that both the Brutor and the Vherokior listened to the smart people in the room, for a change.

(That’s a joke, relax. Seriously, I’m just glad everything got resolved peacefully without the need for orbital bombardments, aggressive rogue-drone malware, CONCORD quarantines, or massed Drifter attacks. It’s nice to see how civilized people behave.)

5 Likes

It is nice to see everything got resolved. I am not particularly sure why the Riri Clan was given relics, I feel that financial compensation would have been more appropriate, however that is a minor issue without real consequence.

1 Like

I can see a few reasons for it. As the owners of the land, they’d be the only ones able to, you know, run the cultural museum for the town, which is where their relics are going. That makes a certain amount of sense, you know? ‘These are artifacts from the people who lived and worked on our township’s lands in ancient times’. It’s a way to remind the current generation of who came before, and honor their memory, in their home.

I think if I were to leave behind things that would become important historical artifacts… I’d want at least some of them to remain where I’d lived… to commemorate my having lived there… to keep me, in some sense, as a part of that place and the people who lived there.

2nd important reason: the other two groups are already opening the things up, which means taking them apart. This way, at least some of them remain intact.

1 Like

A little good news goes a long way!

1 Like

Pretty much. Glad it resolved so amicably.

I for one am happy the Riri clan could act as a balancing force here. Going for financial compensation would have satisfied honor and justice, but this way of handling it allowed for a Sebiestor neutral party to handle the issue of jurisdiction. Well played by all.

1 Like

Just because we are large and muscular doesn’t mean we solve everything with our fists. In fact, I remember one inter clan dispute being handled via a poetry contest.

2 Likes

Its not a real critique, mind you, it merely exceed what I expected expected.

1 Like

A slam poetry contest.

1 Like

Surprisingly fast. No matter, at least it is settled.

2 Likes

Thats because the Republic can handle these situations like civilized people, unlike the rest of cluster it seems.

7 Likes

All’s well that ends well.

I would love to visit that museum some time, too.

2 Likes

“In tonight’s news; the Matari culture now shows signs of being capable of conceptualizing complex abstracts like ‘sharing.’ Will the Stone Age follow?”

1 Like

And we didn’t even have to unleash a killer malware virus that indiscriminately attacks implants and station systems, or nigh-unstoppable bioweapon plagues from a super-quarantined site called ‘the Pit’, like they would have done in the State!

4 Likes

Weeeellll not all the ndokassi have been opened and IIRC the content logs were degraded so… But let’s hope not.

1 Like

Yeah, but even so, it’s not like we turn to ‘let’s throw Kyonoke around the cluster!’ as a problem-solving method. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Posting here just to spite AURA.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.