Angels Red Light District Nerf?

If I were bothered, I would make a spreadsheet with the RNG results and see if they have the same spread of results that they had before. Of course while taking into account that RNG is random, so comparing small amounts of samples is not going to be useful.

But I’m not interested in doing PvE missions, which means you’re right: I probably wouldn’t notice if it changed.

Makes me wonder, where are all those sneaky nerfs hiding? Definitely not visible on market and especially not in traded volume

You can’t just come here and present large amounts of data contradicting stealth nerfs when we already have stories of anecdotal evidence that may indicate a possible stealth nerf!

2 Likes

You people seem to misunderstand. People don’t put ALL their loot on market like you people do. They tend to hold a stockpile.

Hell, a lot of the green and blue my ships use are found on my own.

1 Like

Easy peasey to answer, first of all many people hold on to items if the price is too low, I did. Next answer, which is more important, is that you simply end up grinding more to get the same amount of items, but those graphs do not show that of course. Go get that information and tell us we are wrong.

It may be that you could not get the data prior to 2015. The stealth nerfs have been going on for longer than your graphs, and the initial ones were actually rather nasty and removed a large proportion of the drops.

Also looking at a couple of items is not a good sample. Because the stealth nerfs applied to everything, some of which was just reprocessed as it was not worth selling. DMC’s post applies to the overall loot drop nerfs

Finally the OP stated this was in the last month or so, so it will not yet show on the graphs. Though this is why you only showed the specific items which drop in the sites that he mentioned.

Over to you then, I can see you typing a reply.

2 Likes

I don’t need to prove you anything. I gave actual market data that shows that prices and traded volume didn’t change drastically. Yet somehow everyone else gives their thin air assumptions claiming I’m wrong only because I don’t follow the flow and don’t claim that CCP is nerfing everything to ground.

I wasn’t bothered to do so. Since anything beyond last few months is irrelevant to discussion anyway.

I only posted deedspace modules that drop from DED site OP mentioned. Other items are irrelevant to OP question. Same as trying to derail discussion into talking about generic, meta 4 droops. From the top I’m talking only, only rare drops from combat exploration.

It shows on graphs. It’s live (from DT to DT) data from ESI. Not MER or whatever you are assuming. https://www.adam4eve.eu/

I explained it above. I did notice that you did not reply to the fact that players will just grind more to make up for the reduction in drops, it is normal behaviour by the way, though some will look for other better paid sites to run and then people will be enticed in from other activities, tis the way of Eve.

2 Likes

Less supply will always be reflected on market. Confirmed by EVE history countless times. Especially on items with such low volume. Didn’t bothered to explain something so simple.

Why would you think I am ignorant of such things, I know it is so you can make a dig and appear more intelligent and right.

I assume you know that supply and volume is a function of demand, especially in terms of the items detailed, there are reasons why demand may change.

As I said you have made no reply on the key point, that people will just grind more to get those drops.

Dracvlad looks at the massive Elephant in the room called more grinding… And with that I will leave you to your next comment, unless you of course respond to that Elephant…

1 Like

Supply and time isn’t unlimited. Did after minerals changes miners “just grinded more” have same amount of ore, isk whatever? EVE history and market data clearly shows that it’s not so easy. Also you said yourself. If something drops in income, people will just go do more profitable options. Which is reflected on graphs by dips and spikes. Since prices shifts with player activity (supply). With substantial nerf to availability there would be visible spike in price. With limited or reduced availability, even increased player activity will have hard time bringing price down. See minerals. Morphite is great example of how nerf in supply is represent on market.

Wow, do I really need to explain how market works? Let me guess… We are going back to those stockpiles everyone makes. Worth of trillions of isk and holding market in somewhat stable position across all those years?

I made my point and don’t expect much more replies from me. While it gives good laugh it’s definitely not worth my time to play with CCP haters.

Again you presume to have to explain something really basic about how markets work to make yourself feel better and to have a dig at the same time. Three digs in there aimed at me, how typical…

I see that you are ignoring demand totally in your reply, can’t see it mentioned once…

You replies have not proved anything, it was just one massive deflection on the point raised and DMC’s reply to it. A+ for effort though.

As for the CCP hater dig, I don’t hate CCP, I think they make wrong decisions at times and then they make some good ones too. They never really follow through on things either. What they are doing with scarcity is brave and needed, though rather damaging to their top line, I am pretty sure you know what that is, of course their bottom line is likely stable or doing rather well.

I paid for two subs and will do so again at some point, just waiting for scarcity to end and a more stable system put in place. I guess that makes me a hater, whereas I feel I am making better use of my game time. Do you have any more deflections to throw my way to make you feel that you have won this mild difference of opinion?

PS I am now heading out for two hours, will look at the new digs coming my way then, have fun o7

2 Likes

If you know any significant changes to demand of dedspace modules. Please enlighten me. Or you perhaps expect drop in demand going in pair with nerfs so prices don’t rise? No. I won’t be explaining how supply/demand affect prices.

DMC completely ignored OP and main question. Ran straight offtopic just to prove that CCP actually nerf something. Which is correct but not related to OP concerns.

And you did not disappoint, highlighted dig which are your words not mine, I certainly never suggested that at all, but I guess it makes you feel superior.

As for the question in the first sentence, not specifically, small volume items like these do have fluctuations in demand, for example a ganking spree on Abyssal runners would produce demand on some of these modules.

In general though supply and demand are impacted by the number of people in game and more importantly content that is supported by the use of these modules have a greater interest or not, based on whether other content is nerfed or buffed. I tend to think that overall demand is a more important fact in Evew in regards to dedspeace modules.

My word how wrong can you get, these sites are subject to loot tables are they not?

Anyway I think we have flogged this to death, feel free to get another dig and the last word in, I can see it is important to you.

1 Like

They are. But when someone for example suggest that changes in abyss loot tables affects wormhole blue loot drops. I tend to get visibly annoyed. Which is no different from comparing generic NPC loot to rare commander drops.

He just told the OP that CCP have been adjusting loot tables without mentioning it for years. If I was a betting man, I would be on a pretty damn good bet that the RNG value for each module would be a part of the loot table. Could be wrong of course…

1 Like

Just a caveat here but I haven’t played much at all this summer but I think the rates for even getting escalations, their loot drops, faction spawns have all been hit with the nerf bat. I noticed a night and day difference way back when they shut the door for alpha clones doing level 4 missions in highsec. They are all doing anoms in Gallente and Caldari space instead now.

4 Likes