Announcement video disappointment

When you hype up the announcement for some thing the majority of eve players don’t actually participate in… this company is so out of touch with reality… fix ur damn game

10 Likes

Laughed my socks off, how anticlimactic. CCP could not be more out of tune with the sentiment of their playerbase right now.

Feels like they’re panicking trying to push any good news story as a massive event to mask the fact they’ve fundamentally broken their game with Scarcity, Indy, Mining and Ratting changes.

1 Like

In related news, CCP Motors has reintroduced its new “fifth wheel” automobile. This ground breaking new feature comes after the steering wheel was removed several years ago as a cost saving measure. Now, owners can enjoy the excitement and control this added feature brings to the great line of CCP products. A company spokesman released a statement that in part reads “By reestablishing the use of a steering wheel, CCP enters a new exciting era of owner options. We hope everyone was excited and surprised with our big announcement.”

In related news, CCP’s parent company, PA, was sharply down following today’s announcement and subsequent new offers and items for cash.

3 Likes

yes. a bit disappointing. was syched to hear something like new content, or epic fanfest . dx 12 ?

cool voice over though , who was it ?

Bunch of softy whiners. The tournament coming back is a clear indication that CCP is invested in a long term EVE, a more old school EVE. I most definitely approve.

Let me get this straight - OP is complaining because the Alliance Tournament 17 video was too good?

Incredible.

1 Like

Huh did you misread? That’s some funky mental gymnastics to derive that kind of conclusion. Go drink some coffee!

I see insults to intelligence and implications that I am not fully awake - yet no arguments to the contrary of my post. That means I’m correct! Thanks for verifying.

1 Like

It could also mean that your conclusion is so moronic it needs no refutation.

1 Like

I don’t even respond to that guy anymore. His comments are usually as ignorant as his name. Fitting.

1 Like

Or that PA hope to somehow bring in those dank advertising $$$ from twitch partnerships, lets not beat around the bush here this is about generating income not about giving players what they want, because this only benefits a few people and most of the cluster likely won’t even watch it

1 Like

No. This is proof that this development team is completely out of touch with the player base and desperate for some positive press.

Yes, these foul people wanting to make profit. Bring a better argument.

We all do things to make money. “But they’re going to make money with it duh” is therefore a not a real point unless it’s a very obvious cash grab. CCP bringing back the tournament is NOT a cash grab, it’s an investment into the overall grandeur of the game, a competitive game.

EVE is a meritocracy, it’s a competitive pvp environment and some people are better at it than others so they will win cool prizes. Who cares, deal with it.

ha

hahaha …

2 Likes

So, player numbers are down and CCP want to try and reinvigorate people so they can spend money subbing again, seems like the exact kind of stunt pulled at the exact right kind of time buried under the exact kind of announcement hype that gets people interested

Sounds like a fairly obvious cash grab to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Not interested in the prizes or who wins, i’ve never cared for the alliance tournament and neither have large portions of the community, CCP implied this announcement was important when infact it wasn’t in the slightest

2 Likes

You mean bots, alts and afk grinders are leaving. Yeah that’s a good thing, abundance is not a good state to be in as it makes everything meaningless and silly.

But is it, for the good listener. “we’re investing more and bringing back the old EVE”. Just because it doesn’t affect your personally, or me for that matter as I’ll never attend, doesn’t mean it’s not good news.

Must be new here, because you clearly haven’t learned to actually understand CCP-Speak yet

Its the PR team trying to come up with something they think will boost customer engagement enough so that they forget about everything else and play the game, i can’t imagine it will be any kind of improvement over the flat experience they have had for years

This isn’t our first flip through this picture book

Except lots of people these days will look at player numbers and choose to play or not play a game based straight on that trend, anytime i look at a multiplayer game on steam i check the player number trend, on its way down? not worth my time, the optics are important and new players aren’t going to know nor care that they were bots or AFK camping alts, they just see a sharp decline

1 Like

Everything a (gaming) company does is based on the fact that it will, hopefully, create a better product. It’s an investment, why is this even up for discussion?

Players who leave just because they can’t mine their one titan per week any more won’t be missed, people who think that this is somehow an issue won’t be missed either. Stop whining about “evil company”, you sound like a marxist.

Who said anything about an evil company exactly?

I mean other than you

I pointed out the timing and reason for this, and its not because they want to “invest” or “bring back the old EVE”, quite a simple and straight forward point really

This is called gaslighting