Annual Account and Ganker

But shouldn’t it be CONCORD’s job to punish player criminals? I don’t want to risk my ship just because someone is stealing from me…

CCP needs to make it so that CONCORD shoots suspect instead, then the game would be much better.

Without destruction there would be no value for anything in hisec. And concord punish criminals.

True…

But we can create more destruction by tightening the rules surrounding criminality in general. For example, today CONCORD comes to help when my ship gets attacked by a griefer. If that’s not enough destruction, then CONCORD can come when someone steals from my mining can. Then if that’s not enough destruction and we still see a lot of inflation, we can make CONCORD come when someone targets me (unless I allow them to), or when they mine from the same asteroid I’m mining, or shooting the same NPC pirate I’m shooting. It can basically be a sliding scale of sorts, adjusted to meet the needs of destruction in high-sec without having griefers blow up innocent players.

Then it never was really yours…

I see Destiny Furrupted’s sarcasm is lost on this audience.

4 Likes

Concord is not your personal security force. They aren’t’ here to protect but punish. Only punish, not defend. Also, this would totally ruing emerging gameplay.

You can do all of you mentioned with friends. While I’m not fan of treating known criminals as everyone else (in terms of NPC services inside empire space). Nerfing ganking that is already extremely hard is not a solution. Issue are players that make themselves valuable targets. You want to grind in perfect safety? go play WOW or Elite Dangerous is space is your favorite theme. X series is very similar to eve just without players. Without gankers.

Obviously the system is flawed and incomplete, if that’s the case. I pay a subscription, so I don’t see why CONCORD shouldn’t protect me.

EVE is really not for you…

@Destiny_Corrupted is playing you by using the ridiculous arguments commonly presented by others in opposition to the activities of gankers and mercs; of which they are one, or used to be at least.

3 Likes

No, I’ve realized that I’ve been wrong all this time, and decided to turn over a new leaf. Since I’m not sure that many of us will make it through this winter, now is as good a time as any to score some points with the big guy upstairs.

So, say hello to the new Destiny Corrupted; a Destiny who will fight for social justice, and the rights of all the little guys, like miners, missioners, and haulers, who are getting picked on by shameless e-bullies. EVE’s future doesn’t lie with the slope-foreheaded neanderthals bashing everyone they see with their clubs, but with the honest, hard-working proletariat - the teeming masses of players willing and wanting to build a universe of cooperation and coprosperity, but held back by the griefer scumbags who feel pleasure only in fornicating themselves to the loss and pain of others.

3 Likes

Who are you and what have you done with the real Destiny who used to terrorise people in hisec with the Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company?

1 Like

I know that I can’t hide my past, but I hope that it won’t hold me back from helping to guide us into a new future, together.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hiding behind RP is a terrible excuse for anti social behaviour. If CODE. want to shoot people they can declare war like everyone else, though no doubt they will do so with the loophole of a HQ in a. high security island.

The current mechanic of punishment for ganking is meaningless. A mere 15 minutes not being able to undock. Gosh darn, how miserable they must be, sitting in station eating tags like they are candy. At least being a pest in triglavian space has consequence in not being able to use stargates and being isolated from traveling through certain systems.

Which is working perfectly, just look how many changes CCP is making to foster PvP and how much higher the average player count is climbing. Throw all this crap out into low security space where it belongs, that part of space is looking deader than a bar in Utah on a Saturday night.

Ah, the bait and switch. You kill them in a crapy T1 frigate and then they undock in a T3 cruiser.

So all those people complaining about Rorqual mining in swarms are wrong?

No, it just teaches people that the tank on 2/3 rds of the mining cruiser hulls is garbage and that a prat in a 2 million ISK destroyer will always blow up a ship worth 10 times as much before the cops show up. Hell, they only have to be successful 1/10 times and they are ahead, its hardly balanced.

Don’t stoop to their level, a MTU is like 6 million ISK and your PvE ship is probably not going to be any good when they come back in their PvP ship.

Or at least make it so that suspect players can’t dock, cloak, and can be warped to by right clicking in space.

Slap on the wrist and a jellybean for their troubles.

This is a great idea. CONCORD protection could even become another ISK sink in the game. Want a faster response time? Want more conditions to cause a response? All paid for services, and nobody with a green safely need worry.

Emerging gameplay? There is nothing about ganking being emerging, its like the mould on a bathroom shower.

Here we go, Eve’s criminal justice system is terrible for repeat offenders acting with impunity.

So this argument boils down to people having to mine in a procurer and not using any of the other mining ships?

3 Likes

Then at the very least, when a player shoots a suspect, that player should be given damage and tank multipliers to even out any imbalances between the two ships. Like if the suspect is in a battleship, and you’re in a cruiser, you basically get near-battleship stats for that engagement, because it would be unfair if you attack a suspect and they end up killing you because they’re set up for PvP and you aren’t.

I felt bad because I was baited. But now I kinda enjoy salt pouring down…

As a wise man once said;

Bollocks

1 Like

They won’t be doing anything because they will have gotten blown up for stealing! Shoot them!

CODE. is a protection racket, with liberal doses of overflowery bad prowse presented within a parody of a religious tome. That said, the actual core content as it relates to the game is generally sound advice in a place where being able to screw up someone’s day at anytime, in any place, for any/no reason is considered to be a core tenet of the game.

It’s within the rules of the game and CCP see it as emergent gameplay; they could remove it completely if they choose to, but they don’t.

If CODE. want to shoot people they can declare war like everyone else, though no doubt they will do so with the loophole of a HQ in a. high security island.

Why would they, you’ve never needed a wardec to shoot people in the face in hisec; you just have to be prepared to pay the cost. That cost being your ship, 15 minutes on the naughty step and a loss of sec status; most don’t use tags, their top ten gankers are generally close to -10

What year are you living in?

If you’re referring to the mining barges, they’re balanced in that they have specific roles, one is tanky, one has a huge hold and the third gets the best yield; the same is true of the exhumers.

1 Like

Well…ok…whatever floats your rokh…

1 Like