Another EVE activity I'm stopping

I had a little idle period with the corp and I decided to try and get one NPC standing up to 10 - yes, I know it’s hard, maybe impossible due to the algorithm - but that’s not the point in this thread.

I was up to 10 standing with 2 agents and up to 9.98 standing with the corp. After 9.95 it was taking more than 10 heavy missions to get to the next level, 9.96, 9.97 and then to 9.98 it took a BUNCH of missions, I stopped counting. And this is fine - it was just a fun exercise anyway because I like missions, even though they get a little boring.

Here’s the issue:

I made a mistake and declined a faction mission before the 4 hours were up - didn’t mean to do it, just an oversight.

Damned thing docked me .031 and my NPC standing went all the way back down to 9.92

I’m here to tell you - THIS IS HORSE HOCKEY!!!

You lost me in yet another activity - who’s going to keep doing that when one mistake cost you 40-50 maybe even up to 100 future missions. No more missions for me…

I mean really…give me a break

4 Likes

Maybe in the future you will be able to buy standings directly from the NES for PLEX or RL $$$ :stuck_out_tongue: :smirk: :thinking:

1 Like

Thats the pain of diminishing returns. We deal with that in usia explaining to trade alts why its too expensive and not worth it for us to grind them to 10 for corp or faction. Excess of 130 bil isk to go from 0 to 10 for both

Yeah, I get it but it’s not the diminishing returns that bothered me - it’s the atrocious penalty for mistakenly turning down one mission - it’s a crushing blow to somebody who cares about it.

I was just doing it for fun - it’s no longer fun ha ha.

It warns you that there is a penalty. You cant blame anyone but your self on that.

You can decline the faction (storyline missions) without penalty. Or just not do them.

Especially considering you lose very little faction standing compared to corp or agent when declining a regular mission.

If you made the mistake of declining within 4 hours it sounds like you didnt get the warning prompt cause you disabled it.

2 Likes

no…I just screwed up lol - I’m just pissed that the penalty is worth 50-100 missions - that’s outrageous

but, in the long run it doesn’t really matter, I just won’t do missions any more

Would you like to be paid to run missions? We are looking for mission runners

2 Likes

hell no lol

I was just doing it to see if I could get the standing to 10.0

1 Like

Thats just the math used here, the percentage is based on the difference between your current standing and the direction its going, so the closer you are the 10 the larger the penalty becomes, its the same way resists work with diminishing returns, its not really a unique thing

I too find this utter nonsense and it ends up with me not picking up missions for such agent for months at a time.

standing is an old system that have to be change / removed
that said a friend of mine followed the plan and other online material and made positive stand with all faction in the game
even the pirate ones

edit: and we discussed for YEARS if it was possible or not, so the guy goes there and did it , now we don’t talk about it anymore

1 Like

I have been working on getting my empire standings above 5 for the main 4. Only minmatar is left.

That says everything about Eve missions, rofl.

CCP is currently busy revamping the new player experience for the twentieth time. Maybe after a decade of fiddling with that, if they are finally done, they will look at the systems for people who play more EVE than the first 4h.

3 Likes

I hope you are right.

I would just like to close by saying thanks to all the responders - I am very please at the sane discussion my post received instead of the usually nonsense trying to wind up the OP and such. This thread has been a welcomed response to my frustration.

I will continue to do l4 missions now but I just won’t try to approach the magical 10 any more o7.

Koyaan

Maybe they’ll get into that around the time ScamCitizen releases… in a couple of centuries. :stuck_out_tongue: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

The mission window is pretty clear on that. Don’t get mad at the game because you made the mistake. Accept it’s yours and work it back up again.

1 Like

where did you get that I was mad?

The entire point of my thread is that the penalty is too severe - again, CCP shoots itself in the foot by causing a player not to play a certain activity because it’s not fun…

“Well, in our country,” said Alice, still panting a little, “you’d generally get to somewhere else—if you run very fast for a long time, as we’ve been doing.”

“A slow sort of country!” said the Queen. “Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!”

1 Like

Yeah that sucks!
It happened to me a few times as well and got pretty pissed off about it but could only blame myself for not paying attention to what I was doing.

Is it not something like, the more you are removed from 0 (either side) the higher the reward/penalty will be?