Anti cloaking pulse blueprint

Yes it does. It makes the cozy comfy Null Sec care bears suddenly have to give a ■■■■ about their own safety, instead of being able to AFK rat and mine their way to Trillions of ISK every day.

Boo hoo. I feel no pity that you might feel threatened out there in the middle of nowhere. In the middle of lawless space. I hope you have to stay aware of your surroundings, and I mean more than programming an auto-dock bot to help you run and hide if a new name enters Local.

This is the stuff as to why I vote for you. +1. Saying that having a cloaker in system who is afk has no affect on game play is ridiculous and a cop out argument IMO.

If the Local chat didn’t warn you ahead of time that there was a boogeyman lurking in the darkness, then your fear and paranoia wouldn’t have a trigger. Your game play wouldn’t be affected, b/c you wouldn’t know it’s time to run and hide. You’d have to be watchful at all times, as you should be in Null Sec.

Anyone who cries about the evil Cloaks in their Null space, are bigger pansy Care Bears than anyone living in High Sec.

1 Like

Lighting a cyno is also a perfectly valid gameplay. That is the sole purpose of the cyno mechanics.

Being in a system may have an effect but not on the cloaker. He gains nothing being cloaked.
That it is why it’s an attitude problem.

I didn’t say it wasn’t valid gameplay.

Just that when dealing with cloaky campers, you have to account for cynos.

As for the camper gaining nothing, the whole point is the modification of people’s gameplay. Which is why it is done. That is what is gained.

2 Likes

How about semi-expensive lockable anti-cloak emitting specialty probe. One would need to use them initially as probes and perform the laborious task of scanning the (AFK cloakie in this case) down. When within 1% lock they would be able to perhaps go into formation and begin a 5 min decloak process OR explode emitting the wave. the decloak wave could even travel as slow as light. remember actual space warfare would have such limitations. probes could be shot down and easily tracked on overview within reasonable range. Could have a spool up time to charge the capacitor coil emitting the wave/pulse.

1 Like

That depends exclusively on the actions of the one being camped, not the camper.

♫ At first I was afraid, I was petrified ♫
♪ Kept thinking you might be sitting cloaked and floating by my side ♪
♫ So then I warped back home thinking you might do me wrong ♫
♪ I am not strong ♪
♫ I don’t know how to get along… ♫

Poor, poor Null Sec bad asses pansies. How terrible it must be, to have to watch your back b/c there’s a new face in Local. Go back to High Sec, 0.0 isn’t for you.

This device could be required to make the probes emit the de-cloak pulse thus requiring the user to also have a probe launcher equipped as well. This process is scientifically complicated and should as such have a complicated mechanic to enable the function. The fact remains that there is not a way/method to really counter cloakie campers. perhaps this ability is furthermore complicated by the necessity of having sovereignty in the system and using system structure support to enable the pulse from being counter by passive systems on existing system infrastructure. I am freshley returning to the game and will not pretend to understand the new station like structures. (names ommitted)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.