TL;DR new module and possibly new probes for decloaking of objects / ships in a limited AOE range from ship centre
High level details
- All cloaked objects have a minimal scan-able signature not detectable by regular probes
- New probes to scan these cloaked objects requiring high(ish?) scanning skills to use
- New anomaly that contains a single cloaked cache
3a) These anomalies do not show up on the probe scanner by default when you enter system. You must attempt to scan for them
- New EMP module with an AOE range of 18-25km (thinking increased range T1/named/T2) from your ship
4a) Possibly new skill to use the new module, or link it to Energy Pulse Weapons and make that skill more useful than just for smart bombs
- It opens up a new PVE content generator with loot TBD, while simultaneously opening up a potential source of PVP content (cloaky people hunting these scanners and baiting them to their cloaked ships, or people actively hunting cloaked individuals)
- The module AOE range is based off making it still possible for bombing runs to happen that are intended to be cloaked at around 30-40km away from their targets in larger fleet engagements
- It provides an active option to allow people to remove cloaky afk campers should they really desire, removing their current immunity.
- it’s not another passive structure that needs fuel (a la observatory idea that’s been floated)
Possible Technical Problems?
- I know there’s technical issues surrounding cloaked ships, but I don’t actually know what those limitations are, so it’s hard to make suggestions around that at this time.