New module for 0-sec Citadels

UISA

What do you think? :smirk_cat:

Put it in the afk cloaking thread.

I think you need to post an idea, not a clickbait link.

1 Like

Changed to *.PNG.

Ok. Why?

2 Likes

What does it do?
Why is it needed?
What are the ramifications outside the little narrow scope of the game that you think this idea will ā€œimproveā€?

In the POS era there was a structure - Scanning array (long ago) - with the same properties. Letā€™s remember why it was removed.

But me personally have nothing against such a module you propose.

No.

It seems like youā€™re aware how bad of an idea this is, and have tried to make it untenable in most circumstances so as to ā€œbalance itā€

This fixes very little, and does not make this a good idea, or a good thing.

Actually this is true, William.
I tried to get into the position of someone else - like an approach in math where you say: hey, yes it is possible, now let us work with that estimated result and see what is out there holding against.

This ā€œbalancingā€ took a few months. I was warping from there to here with several kind of ships and scanning this and that. In the end i found useability in well established home-systems with many carebears and just a few pvp pilots.
Exactly this last circumstance made it a fail in a more global aspect again, because if a usual home-system is that well established, they have a fair ammount of home defense or just enough pvp players to have advantage against most of the hidden and player driven encounters, so such a system is not needed again.

However, the intention was to make people think about it. I was hoping for something one would find, but not expecting.
For the more agile thinkers among us, the good idea is to go into a direction of generally more networked or connected solutions. Almost everything in our world is going to be connected and wonā€™t work stand alone soon. I hope we will percept more complicated modules in the future - where two, three or more capsuleers have to work together to make it work.
We already have this: For instance the capacitor chain or the simple existence of a carrier which is intended to be wothless alone in a battle and so one. But the real, smart artefactā€¦ it is still out there hidden in space.

Thanks for pointing out the futile. *:3

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.