Anti sleeper ship Drake for C1-C3 wormholes

So basically, I like the ship, Drake. It’s tanked, it has decent DPS and EHP. If someone asks for WS PvE for C1-C3 Wormholes, the ship ‘Drake’ is common and it is generally given at the creation page if you are choosing for Caldari, “We have the most advanced tanking systems” and its true.

So, I’ve bought a Drake and fitted some modules for PvE in Wormholes. Not C4-C6 ones but C1-C3. I think it has enough DPS and EHP to clear perimeter combat, relic or data sites but I am still confused that it should be okay for Anti sleeper PvE or not.

Here is my fitting and please tell me will it be good to annihilate sleepers or not.

Drake WS PvE fit:

High slots:

Arblest Heavy Missile launcher (6 launchers)
Core probe scanner (1 launcher)

Medium slots:

Large shield extender (2 modules)
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II (2 modules)
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II (1 module)
Ancillary Shield Booster (1 module)

Low slots:

Damage Control II (1 module)
Ballistic Control System I (2 modules)
Shield Power Relay (1 module)

Rigs:

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I (1 rig) [To maintain the CPU]
Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I (1 rig)

Drones:
Hobgoblin II (5 drones)

Ammunition:

Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Assault Missile (1000 missiles)
Core probes (18 probes)
Navy Cap Booster 200 (x35)

With all these fitting, it can generate DPS of not less than 270.
It can also generate EHP of not less than 69,000.

Will it be enough to solo a C1-C3 wormhole space with no other player disturbing me and the sites known with the names of perimeter, unsecured, forgotten or other names like ‘The line’ etc?
If I can handle the sleepers, will it be good to eliminate the missile turrets in the sleeper sites?

Thanks for patiently reading my paragraphs. Any helpful comment will be appreciated.
If there is any wrong fitting in my list, you can correct me. I really want to know if this fitting will be good to execute sleepers in their nests.

Thank you!

1 Like

You’ll get better, faster and a lot less snarky answers if you repost here.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Moving this from General Discussion to Wormholes.

Also, I’d use Heavy Missile launchers and not assault missiles. Longer range.

1 Like

This document contain information about what you can expect in wormhole PvE.
For example in very first C2 site on the list you can face up to 600 DPS if you miss the triggers and minimum DPS to do the site in reasonable time is estimeated to be around 500 DPS. Your 69 000 EHP will be gone in less than 2 minutes and remote repariers in C3 can make your 270 DPS not enough to break sleepers tank in any reasonable time at all…
Not mentioning that your ancillary booster will ran out of charges in no time.
From ISK making point of view there si no reason to run C1 sites, C2 will be also pretty weak choice comparing to safely blitzing L4 missions in high sec. And C3 will warp scram , neut you and out-DPS your tank in pretty much any anomaly apart from ore / gas anomalies…

1 Like

Ok, looks like its not enough. Can anyone suggest me a good fitting?

it depends on your statement

If that is true your best fit is probably blinged out rattlesnake. But other player WILL disturbing you. It is a WH. So the best fit will depend on your willingness to fight or to run.

There are pretty good PvP ready loki fits out there, which can do C3 reasonably well, though not optimal (NPC will run out of range of your heavy assault missiles). On the other hand rapid light missile Cerberus with 100MN AB can be good ship to run away instead of fight.

There are decisions about preferred tactic to made. After you decide what to do , you can ask for a best tool to do the job.

1 Like

This works ok and fairly cheap for C1 & C2 combats sites. 82k EHP, 294 EHP/s shield regen, 462 dps (363 missiles, 99 drones), 444m/s with AB on, cap stable @ 68.7% max skills. If you struggle with incoming damage take a mobile depot with you and refit the ballistic controls to shield flux coil II’s, though to be honest you shouldn’t need them provided you are killing waves in the right order. Drop an MTU in middle of the combat sites and orbit it while you kill stuff. Refit a launcher to a salvager when everything is dead if you want using your mobile depot.

Remember to spam D-Scan and bug out if anything spooky turns up o7

[Drake, Drake C1 - C2]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
10MN Afterburner II

‘Arbalest’ Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile
Core Probe Launcher I

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Hobgoblin II x5

Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile x1000
Core Scanner Probes x16

1 Like

Thanks for your support. Your fitting is somewhat similar to my one but the difference is the afterburner, Extender, and Rigs. I have tried the fitting in the Singularity Server and it works out pretty well. Although my drones have to suffer to an extent, I can solo a C1 Wormhole and my EHP/s is good that they can’t neutralize my shield. I don’t know if it works for Tranquility also but according to CCP, the data are mirrored for Tranquility.

And also I can carry a mobile depot to change to salvagers and switch Shield Booster to Wrap Disraptur in case if there are other players. I don’t think the booster is needed. I can use Target Painter.

Yeah mate! I know that but I don’t have enough ISK. Not now but I am saving for it. Till now I have approximately 200 million ISK but if I lose the Rattlesnake, it will be very difficult for me to buy it again. Since it is not a kind of ship which I can afford to lose.

The Drake fit that Cass linked is fine for C1 & C2. The only change I would make is to remove the afterburner and replace it with a target painter. This will help a lot when it comes to making your heavy missiles apply to the cruisers & frigs (I would mostly use the light drones for the frigs). The afterburner isn’t needed since you should have no problem staying in range of the sleepers in C1/C2/C3. You can run C3, but I feel your isk per hr would be too low using a Drake to make it worth it. I would stick to C1/C2 with the drake and start doing C3 when you have a Rattle. Always remember, C1 & C2 site sleepers do not scram. If you get worried, align out and warp if you think your tank isn’t going to hold.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.