Any mature adults playing Eve?

I’m a returning player, alpha, after taking a break for a couple of years. Long ago I had an omega account, but that was before the alpha was introduced.

I would like to join a corp, but finding mature adults who play Eve has always been difficult. The last corp I was in, a couple years ago, seemed like a nice bunch of people at first, but the “gay” jokes got on my nerves. If somebody gets their fun by telling “gay” jokes, racist jokes can’t be far behind.

I just want to find a corp with mostly mature people who enjoy science fiction and who regard this wonderful Eve playground as a diversion from the pressures of real life. I’m in my 60s in RL, and would love it if there is some corp out there made up of people in their 50s and 60s.

I don’t need free stuff. I’m not interested in PVP or lo-sec living. Too much drama. I have enough stress in real life. If corp-mates want to PVP, good for them–I produce missiles and projectile ammo and will be happy to supply munitions for the cause. I would be happy to contribute ISK, armor, and small ships to the corp. I have a number of blueprints.

I might be interested in some joint mining operations, but I’m pretty independent. I’m not interested in being in a corp with mandatory anything. I am mainly interested in socializing with people who enjoy playing in this beautiful pretend universe we have. But if you feel a need to waste your precious game time typing swear words in chat–I’m not interested in your corp. And if you and your friends are right-wingers, I’m not interested. One reason I play Eve is to escape from right-wing noise in real life.

Maybe there are some people out there aged 50+ who love science fiction and view the game the way I do.

7 Likes

That might be a tough one. A lot of the really mature players are in nullsec. Good luck finding what you are looking for,

5 Likes

Because choosing your friends based on their political views is definitely what mature adults do. Good luck with your search.

7 Likes

Maturity is measured in how well you accept others ideas and concepts.

And the ability to accept when you wrong, an idiot, dick, etc, etc. And accept the fact that others will point these out to you.

Luckily the group i fly with have a number of these mature players, yes there are young idiots that think they know everything, and yes they get put in their place every now and then or just muted! :wink:

2 Likes

U made my day right there! U made my day!
:rofl: :joy:

1 Like

I sent you a message in game with a couple corporation suggestions, as well as a pitch for my own. Hope you find something that fits your needs. I do not discuss outside politics or religion in this game, and neither do the other corporations I’m recommending.

1 Like

Sorry OP, no-one who plays Eve counts as mature. Did you try FFXIV instead? It’s a very mature game for mature people.

4 Likes

I’m sure there are players in Eve that have grown past the dudebro attitude. They mostly haven’t replied to this thread yet.

I wanted to post my own ad but I think i’ll hijack this one instead, just to support the OP:

Looking for mature-ish corp (knowing the difference between having a foul mouth and being insulting is a good start), except I want low/null and shooting things. Computer controlled or human controlled things. Idealy some corp that has a day to day pveish life in low/null plus pvp teeth if someone messes with them. Mandatory ops unacceptable. Close to Gallente space ideally, I’m mostly skilled in drone boats anyway.

1 Like

Hi Gretek,

We exist, you just don’t find us on this forum very often :wink:

/Mork

3 Likes

@Twilight_Winter I’m not sure why you even bothered to reply to my post.

Years ago, when I played Asheron’s Call, there were people who liked to name their characters after concentration camps and Nazi bigwigs. And a couple years ago, the last time I played Eve, there was somebody who was actually recruiting on this forum for a corp called “Trump’s B*****ds” What’s the point?

So, no, there is a certain type of online game player I want nothing to do with. The internet and the anonymous nature of online gaming tends to bring out the worst in some people.

I would like to meet people who view this game the way I do: as a beautiful escape from real life, where you can pretend to fly a spaceship and mine asteroids and make things and sell things and fight aliens and sometimes fight other players.

2 Likes

mature… adults… playing eve

one of these is not like the others.

4 Likes

Hey mate,
We are in NPC null so that may not suit you, but we tick the boxes of mature players who are independent but enjoy hanging together.

Enjoy this wall of text and chat with us in game if you are interested:

2 Likes

Hey

Maybe you should look at Evian Industries, We are looking for new Capsuleers of nearly all experience levels.

Newbro and BitterVet friendly, We don’t require much; but an SEAT is needed. A background check will be performed. We want people who want to work as part of a team, to forge something bigger together!

We operate in Nullsec. We are mainly an Industrial corp, doing ratting, mining, PI, building and a little PvP.

We try to have different fleets up whenever we can. Our members range from longtime players to new players.

We have a mature and friendly community with a relaxed atmosphere. All time zones are welcome and we are the sort that understand that RLl comes first. We have members in both US, EU and Aussie TZ

We can offer comms, slack, Ship Replacement Program on alliance ops, PVE and small pvp fleets, a BluePrint Copy program and a Buyback Program for Ore and Salvage

We are looking to expand our pvp effort in corp and alliance, More pilots helping with teaching and flying in fights would be great. If you want to be part of this join our public channel “Evian Ind Recruitment” so we can start to get to know each other (mentioned you have been contacted, or contact “Dixie Diamond WhiteSamoyed” ingame)

Best Regards

Evian Industries

1 Like

Hi…
Have you thought of creating your own corp? It seems that would put you in charge of how new recruits are brought in…
I’m 65, and I agree, that there are corps that are a bunch of children. But, that said, there are also corps that have a good mix of adults. I think you’ll have a hard time finding a strictly business / logistics corp, but as you say, it’s possible.
Keep Searching, my friend!
Taras Maximus.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about creating my own corp. But I really just want to connect with like-minded adults to play this game. I have enough real-life responsibilities and problems without the hassle and bother of being an organizer of something in an online game.

I don’t want to live in null sec.

I don’t want to do PVP.

I just want to play the game. I quietly mine ore in high sec and produce frigates and sell them. Eve is a place for me to relax and forget about the real world.

I applied to a Minmatar roleplaying corp, but have had no reply. Oh well. I’ve met some nice people in the NPC corp I’m currently in, so maybe I will stick with that.

1 Like

I hear you. I actually just called out one of the members of my corp for using homophobic language. It’s tough coz the more people there are in the corp, the greater the chance that you’ll get a “tyranny of the majority” situation. Might be quite tough to find what your looking for. Of course if you were to take the initiative and start a corp with that specific outlook in mind then you might get somewhere. Given your a bit older than the average player I’m sure you’ll appreciate this reference… “if you build it they will come” :slightly_smiling_face: good luck

2 Likes

Maybe you should focus more on yourself ?

1 Like

So glad for you, that you found your Home

1 Like

Join L2p, cause pvp, rats, and stuff…

If you are bored, we are not bored, you can flex your caps, or you know a rorq or whatever you flex with we dont care.

Also we have that one angry german guy…

Oh and pre your request we permanently banned the guy making gay jokes so you dont get offended. He was gay, but rules are rules.

1 Like

Hmm…

1 Like