They’re fair questions and I hope that doesn’t come across as flippant.
I think wardecs need a nerf… we were wearing the pve guys out because we had too many wardecs. The increased cost thing just caused the pooling of assets… and the pooling of assets caused increased rules about flying nice boats… which made the problem worse in several ways.
It’s the casual chaos that made eve funny and interactive though… and I think they have to have been suffering since they got away from it… in 2012 specifically with the retribution patch.
I was a pve player for my first year. After that, I haven’t been able to keep interest in pve for any period of time… it’s the same crap over and over.
I was a PvP player for 2 years after that… and it was so good I still want to play it.
I used to tend Akiainavas like a garden. If someone was being mean, I pulled their card. If someone was being cool, I introduced them around. I ran operations in local to entertain the noobs, crashed baiters… or if they wouldn’t fight me helped a noob kill them.
It was fun… and not just for me.
Mo