Anything More Profitable Than Incursions?

Assuming I don’t / can’t multibox, can someone walk me through the logistics of how having multiple toons / alts assists with burner running / blitzing in nullsec? I’m not being adversarial; I just honestly have no idea what people are talking about or how to go about using an alt to pull missions or what good that does.

I definitely made the mistake you showed. You are right, the 5* is from NS not LS.

the matter is, in HS you can do burners with good skills and blinged ship and be efficient. if you are a bit careful nobody will gatecamp you.
This is no more true in NS where people can bubble the gate for 12h. Especially once they got your daily schedule. Once I went back from X and there was a sabre on the gate. I logged back, thinking of getting back the next day. The next day the same guy was still here, sitting on the gate and tried to catch me when warping off the gate.

Thus it’s less easy to play with blinged ships in ns, because they are more expensive. Thus, playing with cheap ships make it easier (alleviates the pain to lose them) .

what’s good with pulling ? well, basically when you accept missions, you have to make trip. if you have several toons that accept the missions together, that means a part of the trip is shared. That is also true when you have several agents.
That means, with more toons, you have less trip to do per mission on average, and you can use cheaper ships. you ALSO can have less ships (instead of one/burner in HS) , and you often complete missions in less time. all in all your average isk/h/toon increases.
ALSO with more pilots pulling, you can cherrypick missions more. if you share the rewards, the corp and agent standing gain is shared, eve if a pilot has a strike of normal L4, he will get standing back with the reward of the other pilots. so you can decline more missions and only keep team burners eg.

The most cost-efficient way to run burners in null-sec is with multiple Runner characters. An example is having 2 Daredevils (usually shield-buffered so they stay agile) and a Kitsune. With overheated ECM and good skills, the kitsune can almost certainly jam up the Burner rat while the Daredevils grab it with webs and just blast it.

This method works for a lot of different burners as well, so you don’t really need a different set of ships once you have the right fits. It also allows you to go mostly T2 for fittings so your ships won’t cost much if you happen to lose them.

I know some experienced players that can rack up around 800 mil/hr pretty consistently with this, and ~most~ small station/gate camps can’t really stop them; With good practice you can be a considerable threat to solo/duo gankers that try to engage you. Two daredevils AND a kitsune can eat a Sabre alive and give a Svipul a serious run for its money.

You can still run in nullsec with blinged ships but you need alts to pre-scout everything for you anyways. Those alts might as well be trained to help you run the burners instead, less risk and more flexibility that way.

3 Likes

He asked how to do it without multiboxing.

The only way I can think of is making bookmarks on one character, and doing the missions on another, but this is gonna eat your profits/efficiency.

1 Like

He asked what multiboxing does for running burners in null.

Also, there is no practical way to run burners solo in null without an alt to scout, or alt-fleet to muscle your way through the random gate/station campers.

Now, if you are looking for absurdly impractical ways to do it, you can run Anomic Teams solo with ECM interceptors. It takes ages but it’s cheap and disposable enough, and most people don’t bother even trying to lock up interceptors on gates so you should be fine even if you’re at sub-3s align time.

There is another way of doing it but it is disgustingly expensive and you need a strong group to set it up / maintain it. And I won’t go into details about it or how it works.

Or, you can just stay in Lanngisi. If you can’t multibox at all, you’re going to be better off there in terms of stability and isk/hr.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.