[ARC] Hope for All Act litigation

You’ll have to forgive Mr. Syagrius, Mr. Sepphiros. Mr. Syagrius is a simple merchant, who trades in thinly-veiled threats and militarism robed in classical ideals.

Mr. Syagrius, is yours a nation or a mob? I ask this, because a nation’s laws are to represent its ideals, to codify them so that they survive generations. Why, then, would you abandon the very thing you seek to protect?

In any case, enough of that.

Work on the next filing continues, and we hope for consideration by the court in all due time thereafter.

4 Likes

I have always appreciated James - he is an honest patriot and supporter of the interests of his own people.

2 Likes

Cold Wind blows through the halls of the Federal District Court.

Not really, those buildings have good heaters…

3 Likes

So… The Caldari spirit is among the Gallante in federal district court?

2 Likes

Cold Wind is meant to be everywhere actually.

Also it’s not meant to be a “bad” thing. I’m not entirely sure what he was trying to say.

1 Like

Ahh, got a guide on Naapani culture in Jita the other day. Didnt get that far into it i guess…

2 Likes

Pilots;

We publish here ARC’s motion for summary judgment in the Federal District Court of Orvanne. It is our belief that as there is no issue of material fact, and FIO’s filings to date have been under seal, that it is necessary to move for resolution.

We hope for timely consideration by the court.

2 Likes

A deal is a deal. I look forward to the results.

1 Like

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly entreat the Hyasyoda Corporation and Kaalakiota Corporation to do the right thing for themselves, for their shareholders, and for the State, by demonstrating that they do not need to be engaged with lawsuits to comply with the Hope For All Act.

The Kasaras embezzlement and the Kyonoke Pit security breach have already killed millions. It is for the best that we speak of this openly, that we learn what went wrong, and that we strengthen our policies and procedures to prevent something like this from ever happening again. The confidence and safety of the citizenry depends on it.

7 Likes

Ms Priano,

I agree with you that the truth must be made on all the facts. This aspect of things though isn’t my specialty, I admit. I regularly share thoughts and talks with ARC group even if I’m not a member of it myself and here I would put a divergent view.

It seems to me that you’re puting lot more strength into pursuing the Federation (through FIO) than into pursuing the State. You only strongly suggested to the corporations concerned to push forward their investigations, and that’s good, but you already did it before and so far for no effective results. In fact those corporations (or maybe just one) were the one enclined to make those investigations. Still surprised, or not so much, that the CEP rejected such investigations.

This case might only lead to know few things that happened aboard RP4 but probably will not enlight us on the whole events.

All participants signed the HFA Act. Caldari State, Federation, DED, SoCT should be facing their responsibilities, not just one of them, or not just one corporation or service.
So, maybe as some suggested it, the application of the HFA Act should have been submitted to CONCORD (or a proper broader legal jurisdiction than just a Federation one).

I repeat, I agree about the interrogations concerning the facts, I just regret that it could be interpreted as a stigmatization of one organism/state and I hope that you will also do the same with the other organisms concerned by the Act.

I salute the work done as such files are harduous to complete.

2 Likes

As a Hyasyoda citizen, could someone refresh my memory on why we are being admonished in a private lawsuit against an agency of the Federate?

1 Like

The admonishment isn’t directly associated with the FIO lawsuit. Rather, it is associated with HFA compliance. As Hyasyoda was the operator of the Kyonoke mining pit, their involvement in its continued quarantine warrants disclosure of their review of the incident leading to the outbreaks in Oijanen, Muttokon, Postouvin, and Efu.

Mr. Elendil is correct that no suit has been filed against State corporations on the matter of HFA compliance at this time.

1 Like

That’s fair. Thanks.

1 Like

Can I ask why not? From what I understand of the crisis Caldari organisations were as complicit in the spread of this contagion as Federation organisations were.

1 Like

Counsel has advised me to not discuss legal strategy in a public forum. Suffice it to say, however, that there is a strategy, and that its end goal is full compliance with HFA Act rules by all relevant parties.

3 Likes

Ishukone Corporation has always shown its willingness towards open collaboration and compliance with the Federal government, its agencies, and its laws.

I consider it laudable, that the traditions of Federal collaboration and compliance begun with Ishukone is now followed by the Arataka Research Consortium.

2 Likes

While I don’t consider lawsuits a necessarily collaborative work, your love of the rule of law is laudable.

Let us hope the Federal court system agrees.

2 Likes

Of course, the rule of law is a cornerstone of democracy.

Perhaps it will. However, the Federal Intelligence Office operates under the Executive branch and remains solely under the oversight of the President. Freedom of Information requests of the FIO, while not uncommon, remain ostensibly under the discretion of the Office of the President to release, irrespective of the demands of either the Judicial or Legislative branches to do so.

1 Like

So which is it?

“The rule of law is the cornerstone of democracy” or is that ‘cornerstone’ just so much sand washed away by the whim of your unaccountable president?

1 Like