[ARC] Large and Heavily Damaged Drifter Fleet Encountered in Hive Complex

What?

1 Like

Pilots;

A third vault was retrieved in operations earlier today.

A new ARCHIVES release shows the footage recovered so far.

7 Likes

The picture becomes clearerā€¦What Iā€™m about to point might look obvious, but worth address for sake of conversation.

Letā€™s start with 0:16 where we can find the wreckage of oone of the Driffters battleships.

At 0:32 we see Driffters battleships moving towards several of these unidentified vessels seen before in other snipets recovered.

Next loop of footage? 0:42, lasers shot across the camera feed recording this.

This undoubtedly looks to have been a recording of some battle with whatever these unidntifed vessels are. Unless we want to lie to ourseleves and just assume this is some weird mining op.

This would give the greatest explanation for the damaged Driffters fleets. Again, what caused the wounds they have? These damn things look ominous enough that Iā€™d say they pack enough firepower to do it.

Damaged Driffters fleets, odd recordings showcasing odd ships, fleet formations, wreckages and now weapons fire.

Seems the Driffters have a bit of a war on their hands with someoneā€¦

2 Likes

According that ARCHIVES vid, drifters just wanna show off their mining lasers. :wink:

3 Likes

Theyā€™re closer and closer to Jita each time. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they go there and burn itā€¦ Maybe are they paid to do it ? :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe one of them saw Goonswarm there and thought (in trinary) ā€˜Hold my pint of synthetic lubricantā€¦ā€™

4 Likes

Pilots;

As you may have seen via other channels, a fourth vault has been recovered, decrypted, and the video recompiled. The archival is here.

5 Likes

Finally a constant beam type weapon these new mysterious vessels seem to use.Something I always dreamed the Navy engineers and scientists might develop,regardless itā€™s right there in that footage.Truly amazing!

2 Likes

Hidden faces,
From Darkness to Light,
Fate is doomed,
Into neverending Wars.

1 Like

Pilots;

A combined fleet of Vigilant Tyrannos battleships and cruisers was spotted in Jolevier. Two new vaults have been retrieved from the wreckage. Decryption and compiling has been sorted, with our ARCHIVES release here.

10 Likes

Size wise the hostile ships seem smaller than the drifter vessels.
The hostile also appear to be slightly more mobile than the drifters.From the footage itā€™s clear the drifters shot back but the data doesnā€™t illustrate wether they got damage or a killing blow on the enemy.
Also as far as my tactical knowledge goes the mysterious new faction appear to be lying in ambush either defending or using the nebula or what lies inside it as bait for the drifters.

1 Like

A marvelous day this has been - Why wipe out one drifter fleet for one vault where. They can drop two different storage devices? Ha! Now weā€™re two steps closer to the secrets of this mystery.

Interesting to see these new cruiser-class vessels. Did they always exists? Or did the Drifters just design them in some vain hope of warding off their impending demise?

Guess the latter didnā€™t work out for themā€¦

1 Like

As the gradually-decrypted data is beginning to suggest, perhaps it wasnā€™t our threat that their cruiser-type vessels were designed to counter.

2 Likes

Ah yes, the mysterious owners of these crude vessels seem to be doing the quite the number on the Drifters.

Iā€™d be inclined to say the enemy of my enemy is my friend. But, something urges me to not to hold my breath on them being much different from the Drifters.

Whatever their beef is will soon spill onto all of us. We best be prepared to do whatā€™s necessary, no?

2 Likes

And so, like dominoes, more puzzle pieces fall into place like a house of cards.

Checkmate, Drifters.

3 Likes

We have a new player in the neighborhood.

3 Likes

Whatever else, certainly the confirmed visual of both unknown and Drifter weapons fire seems to indicate hostilities between both the unknown vessels and Drifters. Weā€™ll need more footage to confirm it, but thereā€™s that.

Of course, if thereā€™s hostility, the question is whether this is an unknown force attacking the Drifters, the Drifters attacking said unknown force, or something else beside.

Weā€™ll see how this develops.

9 Likes

Makoto i implore you to stop doubting what is right in front of us! The more time we waste pondering on the legitimacy of our theory that has already been proven; the less time we have to focus on the more pressing questions as you follow up with.

Donā€™t believe me? Iā€™ll show you.

Every clue weā€™ve received up to this point has fallen into a straight line for us.

First the damaged Drifter fleets appeared. A odd anomaly in itself, a massive build up of warships anchoring on star gates just; drifting. That alone is startling, confusing and raises questions of itā€™s own. But the real shock came not from that but the severe damage the fleets had done to them.

Iā€™ve said this at least two times already - A warrior doesnā€™t come back from battle without a explanation for their wounds. A old Raata saying.

These video snipets weā€™ve been digging up from these corrupted data vaults? Thatā€™s their explanation. Maybe they are attempting to communicate this ā€œexplanationā€ for their wounds, but not though word; but video. They rather show you than just say it.

Thatā€¦Or perhaps they donā€™t have a vocabulary for their language. A alphabet are just a series of letters and symbols that make out words when arranged in the correct fashion. Weā€™ve only learned about them though jumbled up puzzles, not seen a single word from them. Ever wonder why they donā€™t have vocal cords? Is it perhaps due to them not having any words to speak? No nouns, adjectives, verbs and so forth

Sure, we can translate ā€œSend Nudesā€ in our interpretations. But can you pronounce that for me in their tongue?

But i digress

These videoā€™s weā€™re reconstructing are there explanation for their wounds. Just as we began asking questions, the video of this ominous ā€œOrbā€ is leaked by a anonymous source using a Intaki banker as a proxy. a video with a seal of the five pointed star of CONCORD.

We moved on, cleaned up more and uncovered the first vaults. Corrupted and scrambled into a slopy mess. Experts in ARC started decoding it and uncovered snipts of a larger video. Bunch of rocks at first - But then, i spot it.

Anodd object that weā€™ve confirmed to be a space worthy starship based on later discoveries. But as @Uriel_Paradisi_Anteovnuecci soon points out; the ominous orb in the center of that ship is seemingly similar to the video of the orb leaked previously. Watch the video of the orb again; observes how it darkens much like the one we see in the screen cap @Trii_Seo provides.

From this point forward we continue responding to the sightings of Drifter fleets. Uncovering more unsettling sightings of this ships.

We began piecing together this larger picture, first we got this sight of something peaceful. A video of these mysterious ships standing ominously in the distance with Drifter battleships rushing towards them. Charging at them head on at full speed! Then - notice at the very top, the broken remains of one of their ships; a fatality.

We start seeing weapons far, red lasers firing off in all directions, @Hun_Tra joked about the Drifters showing off their mining technology. But then, we get the shot of a turret mounted on one of these bizarre ships.

Then we hit the jackpot! A shot of a Drifter vessel opening fire! But thatā€™s not the kicker - oh no. The kicker is the red hunt seen though the distortion the Drifterā€™s shots are giving. The only red in that depressing looking asteroid field is emitting from those unidentified ships.

But look at that, know what that is? Right there A hit! Shot landed! Bullseye! Hole in one! That is a contact! That hint of red is shining down from the direction the Drifter is firing towards is a exchange in damage.

How about this shot? A more clear oneā€¦I saw it glitch in just at the timestamp. Look closer, see the laser slamming against the shipā€™s hull? Another hit babyā€¦

I respect ARCā€™s stand to not commit to a anaswer until they have proof, thatā€™s what any respectable science organization will do. But we have all the evidence we need to prove hostilities between these two factions. We must go ahead and begin discussing your following question

Understanding who shot first in these conflicts is what will reveal the identity to this mysterious faction. But we must stop looking at them at look at the Drifters. What do we know about them? Besides being abominations, what are they? We presume Jovian, no? Wellā€¦Many Jovian off-shoots and they all have fancy powerful technology. Much like how the Drifters proved. These unknown vessels are responsible for all these damaged fleets so we can presume they are of equal or superior technology might.

But we must ask and figure out who the Drifters are. Trace their roots and figure out who they were then ask what their relations might had been with the other splinter grounds.

See, this might just be some old feud brewing up. But does my bold claim suggest we can just forget all about reconstructing this video? Of course not, because thereā€™s something even stranger we havenā€™t yet uncovered.

What is that to the left? Looks to be a structure. Itā€™ stands out from the rocks weā€™ve been subjected to looking at for so long. Thatā€™s what we need to get a picture of now. Because once we get a look at this, we might just have a landmark to go after.

7 Likes

Mr. Yaken, you certainly build the case well, and honestly I agree with your assessment. Still, itā€™s fragmentary. Itā€™s enough for an almost-certain reconstruction of events, but thereā€™s a chance, a narrow, terribly slim chance that our biases may blind us to alternatives.

Honestly, were I betting, Iā€™d bet against that sliver of a chance being borne out. We have weapons fire, both Drifter and unknown forces. We have destroyed Drifters in the camera drone footage. We have damaged Drifter fleets appearing sporadically, seemingly randomly around k-space. All indications are that the Drifters are moving to better protect their harvesting operations in known space even as they mobilize new classes of vessel.

So, as some academics say, ā€˜weā€™re in violent agreement.ā€™ Youā€™re just more forthright in your statements.

Weā€™ll see what comes.

6 Likes

Is it possible these efforts to recover the data may do more harm than good?Drifters numbers are tiny compared to those of the empires yet we see you destroying hundreds of their ships for footage.Have you tried more peaceful contact with the damaged drifters?

We also donā€™t know much about their ship building methods or materials,what if their only way to create these ships is materials from the observatories?It would explain why they didnā€™t repair damaged vessels,it could be less costly to make a new one.If their production capabilities are limited by what they can scavenge from observatories then they are dying.

1 Like