[ARC] Large and Heavily Damaged Drifter Fleet Encountered in Hive Complex

Proponents of peaceful exchange with the Drifters are, as ever, encouraged to pursue diplomatic relations.

In a case where such relations are established and verifiable, ARC will revisit its policies and procedures.

3 Likes

Pilots;

At this time, ARC is offering a 1b ISK bounty for recovery of new classes of Corrupted Trinary Data Vaults, or a 150m ISK bounty for information resulting in the engagement of a Drifter fleet by ARC that allows for recovery of a new class of CTDV.

Given the importance of further understanding the circumstances surrounding the arrival of numerous Drifter fleets in known space, we deem this a reasonable step in ensuring that information is received by ARC, and thus disseminated to the wider cluster.

Thank you.

9 Likes

can you give a complete list of what you have? its impossible to guess what you have otherwise.

1 Like

Here is an article by Aurora News, about all the info and data that is collected so far.

3 Likes

Called by mothEr, called by fAther, United,
Third is sent, Brothers struggling, once more,
Breath, brought upon Gloom,
Doorways of Light, opening Ether.

1 Like

Pilots;

Two additional vaults were retrieved following fighting in the Hek system.

A bounty of 150m was provided to Miner Arkaral for providing intelligence leading to the recovery of the vaults.

Results of decryption and recompilation can be found here.

7 Likes

Thanks for the quick report, I updated the announcement of my summary article accordingly.
The newly recovered vaults do identify the ā€˜structureā€™ Avio Yaken spotted, turns out it is a close-up of one of the unknown craft.

1 Like

Looks like itā€™s just a piece of one of those unidentified ships, and not a structure after all.

Edit: Anyone else wondering what the flashes are? They donā€™t seem to me to be just part of the corruption of the data, nor do I ever see anything pass in front of the star. Or am I just imagining things?

2 Likes

Looking over the recent footage Iā€™ve come across certain observations I deem worthy of addressing here.

Firstlyā€¦ @Makoto_Priano

Once again I must ask for ARC reconsider their stance on the hositlites between these two factions. As seen from the most recent collection of video snippets (2:37 if it doesnā€™t start there) We see a clear and obvious shot of a Drifter vessel being hit with one of these red beams. Just as the video abruptly ends we see that the beam is coming from one of these mysterious ships.

So again, I ask that we stop doubt the possibilities of hostilities. As itā€™s clear these two are taking shots at one another.

Of course Iā€™m not just here to point out that one detail. Thereā€™s is a detail in the weaponry being used against the Drifters I believe weā€™re overlooking. Watch any footage featuring these red beamsā€¦Do you notice that they donā€™t stop? Any ā€œbreath between shotsā€ you see in the fire is the video glitching.

I donā€™t believe Amarrian beam technology is even capable of firing that long without needing to wait for another cycle. It just continues and continues to burn into whatever its targeting just like a mining laser to an asteroid.

1 Like

Has it been tried to remote repair the drifters maybe theyā€™ll eject the data vaults instead of having to destroy them and get it from wreckage.

1 Like

But destroying them is justā€¦SO much more fun.

1 Like

No, they cannot be remote repaired.

The clips arenā€™t long enough to properly measure the firing time of their weapons.

1 Like

I beg to differ. We gotta work with what we got.

On both the second and third reconstructed video Iā€™m counting about five seconds of a continuous beam. If Iā€™m not mistaken (Iā€™m not familiar with the weaponry, correct me if Iā€™m wrong.) The safety protocols on normal Amarrian beam weaponry wouldā€™ve kicked in within the first second or two. Weā€™d have to wait for another cycle to come around to fire off another volley.

We donā€™t know the exact length of time this weapon can fire. But we can use what we got to start trying to understand what these guys are packing.

2 Likes

Indeed at least one of the unidentified vessels in the video seems to fire a continuous beam of something for at least 5 seconds straight, if not longer - and no Amarrian laser maintains cohesion that long, that I remember seeing.

So, thereā€™s at least a couple of reasons that could be; one, itā€™s not a beam weapon. Two, itā€™s a beam weapon but somehow more advanced or exotic to those that are used by the current empires. Three, it is somekind of a disrupter / electronic warfare device instead of an directly physically damaging system.

2 Likes

It could just be a really bright target painterā€¦

2 Likes

It doesnā€™t look much like a laser to me, more like a directed plasma stream. Perhaps a much lower power laser matrix to guide the beam and maintain stream cohesion. Could that ball be a constrained fusion reaction?

2 Likes

You guys do realize you canā€™t actually see beam weapons in space unless itā€™s simulated by the interface, right? Thereā€™s nothing for the beam to disperse in, so the only actually visible parts of it are the points of origin and connection until thereā€™s been a sufficiently large battle that youā€™ve leaked enough atmosphere. Those fights are exceedingly rare.

Whatever youā€™re seeing there is simulated to enhance situational awareness, just like Amarr weaponry and target painters, or itā€™s not a beam weapon but something very strange indeed.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no reason to assume the Drifters would bother simulating laser fire in there visual streams, which is why I think this is something actually visible.

3 Likes

Well, obviously, but weā€™re seeing something. There could be made an argument that given the similarities in the technology base of infomorphs, assuming this is data leaked / captured from the Drifters themselves, they are also simulating same things as we do for situatiional awareness. Hence, a continuous beam of light originating from one spaceship hitting another is probably a beam weapon of some kind. But it could also not be, as stated. We just donā€™t know.

2 Likes

mmm sounds like itā€™s not a fight but more probably peace talkingsā€¦

1 Like