[ARC] Lirsautton resolution solicitation for comment

I think option 3 is the best solution, but I would like to add something to it.

We need to convince the Sang Do to cease the exile practices on Lirsautton VI and work their way to establish a contemporary and working system and laws for the ways they punish their criminals. I am sure they have something working at place on Tei-Su. Instead of having problems like the exiles crisis and risking their reputation while trying to cover the things up, the Sang Do should be cooperative and open to hear the solutions that numerous parties offer in their case, including us capsuleers.

So maybe we should speak to the Garouni Royals (so far they have proven to be very good at negotiations with the Sang Do), ask them to try and negotiate the cease of exile practices on Lirsautton VI and even propose a plan for colonizing the planet for the general Jin-Mei population to use. I have read about the reasons why the Jin-Mei believe the planet is “cursed”, but that seems to me like a wild superstition, so they should get wiser and think of a better way to benefit from this beautiful world.

There are many capsuleers out there that can eventually help with materials and tech, for building the planet infrastructure and so forth.

2 Likes

Option 3.

1 Like

Good day to you all, I am a senior volunteer medic with Aidonis Medical and have worked on the ground during this emergency. As the question of the desires of the so-called ‘exiles’ has been raised, I wish to offer my own testimony on that point.

Although my ethical responsibilities forbid me from breaching patient confidentiality, I feel able to state that every person I have interviewed or treated has expressed a wish to leave Lirsautton VI. This is a view that can be heard very publicly in the aid camps I have visited. It is clear that the exiled inhabitants have no attachment to the world and indeed would wish to either return to the Jin-Mei worlds and colonies, or in the case that is not an option, go elsewhere they could live safely and comfortably.

The Sang Do overlords have made their views on a return to Jin-Mei worlds abundantly plain.

I would note that while Lirsautton VI appears to have successfully stabilized as regards its pre-colonial stage terraforming, it is quite clear that colonial stage terraforming has not been completed. In particular, colonial stage bioforming appears to have barely been started before the abandonment of efforts. The planet is therefore not even biologically secured, let alone to be considered stable at post-colonial stage.

As the bulk of colonial stage bioforming deals with the adjustment of the biosphere’s bacteriological and virological characteristics, under conditions of enhanced bio-immunity, it is not surprising that those left to fend for themselves on this planet are suffering from a variety of maladies.

It is not my place to dwell on the past however. I only wish to help the sick and prevent more from falling ill. The priority is to deal with the current population’s situation. This is best done by way of evacuation, which I believe all those in my care would wish for themselves and their families. After that, I would advocate for further discussion as to the future of Lirsautton VI.

I wished to make this statement in the hope it provides more information to parties interested in aiding our efforts. Unfortunately, I will not have time to answer further questions as there is much more work for me to do in the treatment centers.

Arturio Kiervalani,
MD (UoC), Dip.Path (UoC)

Poteque Pharmaceuticals
Disease Control Research Division
(Seconded to Aidonis Medical)

17 Likes

Excellent. This is why digging a little bit deeper is usually the way to go.

4 Likes

Thank you for your statement Mr Kiervalani. You provide a much needed information.

2 Likes

That seems to clinch option 3 then.

1 Like

This is not true. This is not even close to true. Our manufacturing, logistical, and economic capabilities are more focused, and more directed, but don’t rival the empires. We don’t, for example, spend a lot of money on feeding trillions, or regulating water treatment facilities, providing adequate medical infrastructure for the population, balancing the conflicting goals of promoting businesses while also protecting their employees, producing literally millions of different variations of consumer goods and luxury items, etc.

As to the issue at hand… after hearing from the good doctor about the opinions expressed by those in the camps, it seems clear that option 3 is the best solution. It may not explicitly set legal precedent, but it addresses the needs of the moment in the way that seems most likely to avoid pointless additional hardships for the victims.

More lasting precedent can be established later.

7 Likes

My input was on what you should do: Obtain more information. I clearly stated that. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean I didn’t say it.

Read all of my posts in this thread, and you’ll have your answer.

And this makes you such big heroes, doesn’t it? Does it make you feel all warm and fuzzy to help the little helpless people?

There are numerous examples of other groups and individuals helping or attempting to help these people. You, however, can check your constellation-sized ego at the door.

Straight-up ■■■■■■■■, as demonstrated by:

This is what I was asking for. Understandably given that the medics are busy, it took a while to come about, but it wasn’t that difficult, was it, Ms. Priano? If only you and your ilk weren’t so focused on saving the day that you didn’t give a single thought to the conditions and wishes of the people you claim to be helping.

Dr. Kiervalani: Thank you for your statement. It does address my concerns. And thank you for your efforts and those of your fellow volunteers.

2 Likes

Man, some people really do just live to be bitter about things don’t they.

4 Likes

Spoken by the same person who recently said:

Here’s a mirror for you. You’re welcome.

Now, if you have something more valid than vague mumblings about bitterness, I am more than happy to address them.

Considering the information provided by Mr. Kiervalani, Option 3 seems to be the only practical solution.

By the way, I think Roden administration is too indifferent about this case. This may be an internal matter of Jin-Mei, but even if they announce some statements it will not be a problem. Is he not interested in events not related to business?

1 Like

Not to defend the Gallente deference to the mob mentality, but it’s politics. If he makes any statement, the Sang Do paint him as interfering in sovereign internal matters, and his political opponents use that to make waves in the next election cycle. More, it builds in Sang Do support for those opponents on the basis of ‘not Roden’.

Initially, this was making waves as an issue of ‘should the Federation be heavy-handed, violate their own laws, and intervene?’ He’d be an absolute idiot to weigh in on things with anything short of ‘here’s the solution we’ve negotiated’. Even ‘we’re in talks with the Sang Do’ would’ve been seen as interfering. Then non-governmental actors have negotiated a resolution to the crisis. At this point, the only thing a statement would do would be to highlight that his government didn’t get the settlement negotiated.

2 Likes

A much needed detailed comment, Mr. Arturio Kiervalani. Many thanks for that and for your work.

Melisma Ramijozana, thank you for your input! I believe Ms. Priano didn’t intend any hostility with that latest response, merely fishing for more opinions.

I think the issue was that, to put it straightforward, it’s a tricky diplomatic situation, which, frankly, only got resolved as quick and clean as it did with the help of the Garouni Royal couple who facilitated the talks with Sang Do. That and media attention.

ARC, as is UNF-A and many other independant capsuleers and organisations who offered resources and got involved, are merely a limited-capabily actor here, and foreign at that, providing some of the resource, infrastructure and transportation.

We certainly do not want to complicate the matter further by providing unconfirmed statements from other actors, such as AF personnel. Thankfully, Mr. Kiervalani happened to come by and drop a clarifying comment.

All in all, we are in a position to make a difference in the lives of those people, even if it really just giving them a shot at a better life. Does it makes us “heroes”? I think everyone can decide for themselves. I am just grateful it does not involve shooting this time.

2 Likes

that does seem to settle it, and provide a clearer path for progress, yes.

My two statements are not contradictory. In fact it’s basically saying the same thing in two different ways.

Anyway who the ■■■■ are you supposed to be to have so many opinions?

1 Like

I have refrained from making my opinions on the subject public out of respect for the sensitive nature of this incident until the recent compromise agreement brokered by the Ensinate of Central Garoun, which I personally feel for now is the best outcome out of this situation for the time being. That said, I am not a citizen of the Federation, and the thoughts and points made below are that of a foreigner’s perspective.

I have been following this for a long time, and the circumstances that have arisen strike me as awfully reminiscent of the days leading up to The Secession. A member state is discovered to have been conducting themselves in a manner that could be seen as contrary to the spirit and laws of the Federation, public outrage ensues, the member state cites their sovereignty to defend and justify their actions. Days gone by, in an era of a different Federation, we might have seen them intervene with hard power applied by the Federal Combined Armed Forces to enact regime change. Wars have started over far less, and what the Sang Do have collectively committed amounts to an egregious violation of the Federal Constitution, one of the most sacrosanct and inviolable documents that the Federation has. Something has to be done, lest the Federation lose the very essence that makes it the Federation. To them, the Charter and the Constitution represent a beacon of hope and progressiveness towards a better, brighter future, and to see one of their member states engaged in such outrageous actions douses that beacon with the brackish waters of an odious sea.

But no. Unlike several centuries ago, the Federation has not committed its considerable fleets of starships or its legions of troops to correct the aberration within its borders by force of arms. It has chosen to respect the caveats that led to the Jin-Mei to accede to the Federation, and to favour diplomacy over direct action, in the hopes that a settlement can be reached without blood being shed. What changed? The Federation, of course. To them, life is sacred, to be cherished and protected. And to see their society and governmental apparatus evolve over the centuries to respect the independence and freedom of their people is simply fascinating. So much that states have surrendered parts of their national sovereignty to be part of the Federation, desiring the same benefits and protections that so many others have sought and received.

This is why this situation must be handled by the Federation with the utmost sensitivity and delicate care. The ties that bind the member states to the Federal government must not be compromised to the extent where distrust spreads again, whether that manifests as a result of Federal overreach or inaction. The Ensinate have offered a wise and statesmanlike approach and solution to this crisis, temporary as it may be in nature, to take the exiles into their care. I can only hope that these men and women, as they all committed crimes in some form including some as heinous as murder, repay this international effort to secure their physical and mental safety through significant efforts to reform themselves and contribute to the society that provided them their salvation. Despite its endorsement by some whom I personally distrust and dislike, option 3 for now is the only realistic option on the table.

As for a more permanent resolution to the issue of a member state violating the Charter and the Constitution…

Well, the Federation has endured and adapted to numerous flashpoints over the span of its existence and through it all has survived, thrived and persevered to the present day. It will survive this trial, it must. Lest they lose the very soul and spirit of what they are in this world.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.