[ARC] Semiosis

Evidently some madman managed it in a Daredevil some while back? Alizabeth would know the details on that.

1 Like

Those fighter bays look large enough to house hundreds of Vila drones.
If the triglavians mount an expedition into known space it makes sense they’d want a well armed yet mobile base and this looks like it to me.

i know we are all about this thinking these are ships but idk im starting to think that these are basically offensive weapon platforms, like a mix between dread and F.O.B. thats just based on the general looks nothing concrete.

It has all the characteristics of a ship of triglavian design-drone/fighter bays,weapon mount, singularity cradle with a forming singularity now,engines,radiation exhaust vents similar to what the leshak and drekavac have its just of preposterous size by comparison

1 Like

I believe what we’re seeing in the construction area is only part of the overall construct. I received this via EVE Mail from the Veles Clade:

RElSRUNUSVZFIDc0

Indeed.

Apologies for the delay, pilots, but indeed two Cladeflow intercepts have been received.

As Mr. Coltare indicates, one is from the Veles Clade; the other, Svarog.

RElSRUNUSVZFIDcz - DIRECTIVE 73 - Svarog Clade

RElSRUNUSVZFIDc0 - DIRECTIVE 74 - VELES CLADE

Both appear to show similar structures, which appear to have a strong linear alignment; current theories are new classes of pylons, stargate or wormhole generators, or other such systems.

3 Likes

I am getting more and more excited about the planet shattering kaboom. I keep telling myself, Gosa, Gosa I say, you got excited about automata and Jovian splinter cells but neither of them moved the ball forward.

While we’re on the upswing of Hope, however, maybe it isn’t about a planet at all.

Maybe it is a star destroyer. We have reason, and even a nebula which grew “impossibly” fast and then stopped, to remind us that something went very wrong with a star relatively recently.

We’ve seen their gate architecture, though. It doesn’t look anything like that. It could be a(nother?) station plan, maybe?

I say its 2/3rds of a gate to get Mad Titan out of Abyss.

It does resemble the Talocan static gate. I think of it as Great Big Gun, of course, but as a Triglavian gate, it would probably have to be 1/3rd.

Edit: I see where you get the 2/3rds. Ok, maybe.

Veles Clade has sent a new notice, RElSRUNUSVZFIDU5 or DIRECTIVE 59, linked here.

Work is on-going.

2 Likes

It certainly doesn’t seem like this is just some kind of secret project we’re occasionally stumbling across. They want us to see and understand.

I’d guess that they’re either trying to awe us with their power or get us intrigued with the possibility of building something like this ourselves.

Or, you know, both. Either way, they do seem to have decided we’re worth cultivating.

Go us?

2 Likes

Yes looks like they think us worthy of investigation.

The compilation assembles - this clip continues to be of the now-discovered second stage.

2 Likes

Work on translation of this piece has now completed.

VELES - DIRECTIVE 59

!ITERATE ++ QUERY ++ ENCODE | HUMAN POLITY COMPARISON:IDENT COMPARISON:CAT COMPARISON:SUBCAT KEYCHAIN:BUJAN-CTOS-SC-AEC-GTR //FRAGMENTARY// [FRAG001. FRAG278] : RECODE++PROCESS>>

SPATIO - TEMPORAL CO-ORDINATE RANGES CAST IN DIMENSION WITH AUGMENTED HUMAN ACTIVITY RANGES AND CAST IN DIMENSION WITH MOTIVATIONAL IMPERATIVE SAMPLING>>

CORRESPOND TO OBSERVED DISTRIBUTIONS IN SCATTER-VOLUME MODEL OF CIVILISATION DEVELOPMENT

RANK ORDERING TENTATIVE CORE SET [3-6], TRANSITIONAL SET [5-20] POSITED PERIPHERY SET [15-100] //WORKING MAXIMA// !NOTE++ENCODE|SET BOUNDS DEFINITION COMPARISON:SET QUERY:SUBCAT|RECODE++PROCESS

If you have corrections you feel you need to offer based on the work presented here direct any inquiries to myself or Makoto Priano. This file has been translated based off of past efforts of ARC and related external associates such as myself.

7 Likes

This one was particularly difficult, and was translated through the combined efforts of multiple people. It seems the Triglavians might be “proving” us in more ways than one.

7 Likes

Very tricky to unpack even after translation. They’re studying our empires now and not just those of us who enter their space. I’d say “CAST IN DIMENSION WITH” is something like “compared to” based on previous usage of the word dimension in Triglavian communications. So spatio-temporal coordinate data has been compared with capsuleer activity data and data from proving ground samples.

The results “correspond to a scatter-volume model of civilisation development,” so they’ve identified that we’re fractured into regional territories occupying various volumes of space I guess. The next bit’s interesting, they may have started to rank our factions or territories on some kind of scale. The numbers in brackets always start with a small number and then a larger one, so I think we can assume these are number ranges.

If I’m interpreting this correctly, they’ve identified a set of 3-6 core territories or factions, 5-20 transitional territories/factions, and 15-100 periphery territories/factions. I think they’re talking about division between the core empires, the smaller empires and pirate factions, and then the nullsec alliances. There are around 3-6 core empires (in reality probably 4, depending on definition), 5-20 significant smaller empires and pirate factions do exist (it’s actually around 15 or so), and then nullsec is dominated by easily 15 to 100 distinct political divisions.

2 Likes

Right! Right, right, right. I prefer my dimensions spatial, or perhaps singing, but this a geek thing. I just dealt with it a couple of months ago, too, and it escaped me. A charming Ni-Kunni came into my office with a brilliant idea, and I had to decide if it was brilliant enough to warrant the Golden Fleet’s protection or not so much. Of course most of the work gets done by the Caldari Graduate Assistants. Particularly the math work.

Frankly, I am not of the opinion that the Golden Fleet should protect clever applications of mathematical formulas. But there is a lot of money in clever math, and money is often used to move the Golden Fleet in ways it should not be moved.

But I digress. It’s what I do.

Data science, um, data warehousing, yes that’s it. Big Data! It uses this dimension idea. A dimension consists of measurements for one fact over time. You throw a bunch of dimensions together, the more the merrier, and voila. You decide which planet to blow up. Or star. With either the medium star destroyer or the large star destroyer. Or with the medium static gate, the large static gate, or just the static gate.

Memo to Heaven: blow up a planet people care about right this instant!

Sounds about right from my estimation.

The Triglavians don’t really have to go to the trouble of operating their own data warehouse. They could just create a mole and subscribe to CONCORD’s monthly economic report…

1 Like