[ARC] Semiosis

The Amarr Emperor Ship is itself not counted as a titan. It served as the progenitor for the true titans that came after it, which were the Imud Hubrau titans, of which two were built before the secession of the Khanid Kingdom. I suggest you read the latest records so that you can clear up your misunderstanding:

"The Empire manufactured another massive ship, based on the Emperor Ship, which they called the Imud Hubrau. The vessel was the first true Titan, with a built-in jump drive, a massive doomsday device, and the ability to open a jump portal for its support fleet. The Amarr Emperor at the time was so pleased with the ship that he ordered a second constructed."

2 Likes

However “Zorya Triglav” spoke of capsuleers who prove worthy (running t5 abyss?) being granted access to “Bujan”. Slavic mythology relating to this tells us that Buyan is where the Zorya call home and gives us two possible entities that would make for great names for this structure:
“They guard and watch over the winged doomsday hound, Simargl, who is chained to the star [Polaris] in the constellation [Ursa Minor], the “little bear”. If the chain ever breaks, the hound will devour the constellation and the universe will end.”
or
“The Zoryas serve the sun god Dažbog, who in some myths is described as their father. Zorya Utrennyaya , the Morning Star, opens the gates to the god’s palace every morning for the sun-chariot’s departure. At dusk, Zorya Vechernyaya —the Evening Star—closes the palace gates once more after its return.”

where did you find that?
I was in a similar room(use Dark filament) the other day and there was the construction of the first stage.
I generally think that there are 15 different buildings. 5 types filaments(dark,electric etc) * 3 clades (perun, svarog, vales)

In context, based on the assumptions we’re making about the Triglavians’ next move in the conflict, I feel as though Dažbog is a more accurate name.

1 Like

The Domain of Bujan/Buyan/Budjan might indicate it is where they use that type of ship.

2 Likes

Searching some pre Eve Gate archives seems to suggest that -Kostorg- may be an word from the Earth group of people called Russians or Bulgarians.

Searching the Bulgarian spelling seems to return a large quantity of possibly scholarly articles or literature. This may be of more utility than my other finding discussed below.

Searching the Russian spelling seems to return early Earth material called “pr0n” of the multiple male group coitus variety. Search carefully! It does appear this may be because the the translation software adds a “y” to the end - Kostorgy- which the search string tries to render as - Kost Orgy - Kost being “male” or “men”.
**One must wonder about the timing then: Russian Invasion

Neither Bulgarian or Russian are areas of my research, perhaps someone here is better equipped to look into this.

Oh. My. God. Love it! Love. It!

I am less enamored with the sun god…

However, perhaps we are faced with a sunshine lady and winged doomsday hound choice. Make the correct choice, the hound is released, humanity ends in fire, and that which replaces us has a glorious opportunity to learn from our catastrophic mistakes.

Who is a good boy? Scratch scratch scratch thump thump thump!

1 Like

I think I’d agree, I’m expecting a sort of Triglavian “Thera” at this point with the doomsday hound to be “released” at a later date

Very difficult to connect the dots using RL research as its completely OOC

6 Likes

So having caught up on this thread after several weeks, am I correct in thinking the Triglavian ancestors and Sleeper ancestors were the antagonists in this ‘War in Heaven’?

Am I also correct in thinking the two seemingly went their separate ways, Sleepers into Anoikis and Triglavians into space-time hell?

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the term “War in Heaven”, but though my knowledge isn’t the most complete, what I gather is that the Triglavians refer to the Drifters (Or rather the Jove Tyrants they were/are? We still don’t know much about the Drifters, and my knowledge of that affair is also incomplete) as an “Ancient enemy”, or some term to that effect. We don’t know anything about that conflict, as far as I know, save that it’s recurring in the present day.

Actually, this raises an interesting point- If my assertions about the most recent Semiosis Intercept from Perun Clade are correct, which we’ve been debating all week, we’ve learned that the Triglavians’ most recent data on the Jove Second Empire, prior to their resurfacing, was recorded in the [2.7.2.0] stage of the Second Empire’s development, by the Triglavians’ measurements, leading us to presume that’s when the Triglavians moved into the Abyss.

From what we know the Drifters are some derivative, even if in name alone, of the Jove Tyrants, the leaders of the Second Empire. If the Triglavians called the Drifters, or rather the Tyrants, their ancient enemy… and they left as the Second Empire was beginning its latter years… when was their conflict with the Drifters/Tyrants, and how does it relate to the Triglavians’ Exodus?

2 Likes

From what we know so far it seems to be connected to the end of the Second Jovian Empire, but no real details so far. More like the Triglavians were at war with the Jovian Tyrants running the 2nd Empire and the Sleepers disappeared to Anoikis around the same time.

1 Like

Iter 2,0 seems to be the Triglavians list referring to the 2nd Empire, 2.7 would be the 8th item in that sublist etc, so 2.7.2.0 is referring to some item deep in their data. 2nd Empire remains show a lot of damage, presumably some kind of war but we don’t know. The Drifters appear to be a re-imagining of the Tyrants, possibly by some form of infomorph/AI combination. Not the original Tyrants but rather the memories of what they were.

2 Likes

I’ve explained this a few times already this week, but since you don’t seem sure about what’s going on, and I don’t like uncertainty raising questions that may already have answers…

The sentence fragment you’re taking that from is “Iters. [2.0.0],[2.7.2.0]”, in reference to a “Jovian Expansionist Polity” which we’ve extrapolated to mean “Iterations 2.0.0 through 2.7.2 of the Jove Civilization” (So, the Second Empire), which is all in reference to “archived Spatio-Temporal Co-ordinate ranges”, so what’s being listed is the Triglavians’ mapping data on the region of space that was occupied by the Second Empire between those iterations, for comparison to new scans taken in the present.

As for the Drifters, whatever the hell is going on with them and whoever the hell they actually are now, their ties to the Tyrants’ legacy are apparently strong enough to have reignited their conflict with the Triglavians. What’s more important, however, is that this now raises a lot of questions about that conflict. Who were the Triglavians at the time? Were they a faction of common Jove, or an entirely separate culture? How deeply has life in the Abyss changed them from then to now? Why did the conflict begin, and how did it end? We can assume the Triglavians lost, since they were the ones who retreated into the Abyss… but what did they lose? What was at stake in the “War in Heaven”?

And, of course, since the Triglavians left late in the Empire’s history, it has no relation to the subject matter but I’m obligated to ask one last question… did the Triglavian/Tyrant conflict have anything to do with the rise of the Jove Disease, which would go on to topple the Second Empire?

1 Like

Given the apparent Triglavian proficiency in biotechnology, I cannot help but wonder if the Triglavians may very well have caused the Jovian disease in the first place.

2 Likes

I don’t think we have the necessary information to speculate on that right now, but that may very well be the case.

That isn’t how iteration works. " In computer programming, an iterator is an object that enables a programmer to traverse a container, particularly lists. Various types of iterators are often provided via a container’s interface." What we are seeing is a database management system in operation. Nothing to do with mapping, except in as far as its mapping within a data construct. The Jovian disease is not the reason the Second empire collapsed, it came afterwards. "The exact origin and history of the Jovian Disease is mysterious, with the Jove only offering bits of information about it. While it is possible that the disease existed, at least in some form, during earlier parts of Jove history, its current fatal variant - effectively, what is being referred to with the “Jovian Disease” moniker - first arose as the Jove exited a time known as the “Shrouded Days”, when they manipulated their own genetic structure to extreme degrees. These manipulations eventually came to an end, but the damage had already been done. Some fatal element had been introduced into the Jove genetic structure. "

Now, that point about “Iterator” as a programming term is interesting. I’d previously been operating on the common definition of “Iteration”, as one occurence/state of a thing that has several occurences/states over time.

I don’t think this discounts our current theories, however- We’re seeing the Triglavians access archived data of “Spatio-temporal co-ordinates”, so assuming the database entries are listed in chronological order (2.0 preceding 2.1, etc.), the outcome remains the same. Whether “Iters.” refers to the chronological occurence of the “Spatio-temporal co-ordinates” within that [2.0.0],[2.7.2.0] range, or just to their designation in the database’s filing system, they’re still accessing space-time co-ordinates within a range, and that, by definition, is mapping data.

You’re right about the Shrouded Days, though- that was an error/misinterpretation of information on my part. At least we can confirm the Triglavians had nothing to do with the Jove Disease…?

1 Like

It doesn’t bear any relation to any system of space time mapping we use, or have seen. Semiotic analysis works on defining a culture by social psychology really. Significators, which are what Discourse elements are. So each element is perhaps an item in the list structure. I’m working towards it being some kind of abstract data type, like a list array. One of the interesting points is that they discuss the Jovians not having achieved the expected distribution according to the Triglavian model of their expansion. That could well have spatio-temporal co-ordinates associated with it. We don’t have enough info at present.

Somebody might have interfered with the Jovian genome database. Possibly by hacking some kind of CRISPR gene editing system. If Third Empire Jove did not know as much about it as previous Empires had. There are Talocan sites which might indicate some kind of experimentation going on. It’s not totally clear if the Talocan are also some Jovian offshoot.

1 Like

They are not. The Jovians themselves were aware of very clear distinctions even between the Talocan and the First Jovian Empire (which was still recognizably Jovian based on what the First Empire had left behind, as far removed as it was from the Third Empire).

1 Like