[ARC] Semiosis

Yeah, the fleets - it seems pretty certain to me that all of the Drifters seen in the Tukoss footage were preparing to enter the Abyss en masse to undertake a full-scale invasion, and the damaged fleets we encountered were sorties of them that had been expelled from the Triglavian domain.

I’d also assume that the Drifters were gathering at ALL 5 Hives, not just Redoubt - and the Nexus anomalies being the key to their entrance fits best of all.

7 Likes

I know I was there.

Which in any event, only serves to confirm that the conflict between the Drifters and the Triglavians is not small in scale at all.

Individually visible small-scale encounters, all branches of a concealed but obvious all-out conflict between the Collective and the Tyrannos, yea

3 Likes

So… what else is there to discuss and debate while we await another Semiosis Intercept? Also, am I the only one who’s getting a bit wrapped up with the idea that the Triglavians intended us to steal the Semiosis Consoles and access all this information?

It does seem that if a precursor civilization living in or on the other side of a new type of space had wanted to keep information to itself, it could have done so.

I really doubt the Drifters are that aware of who they are fighting. The Triglavians are, and trying to find out more about them, we don’t see them taking the fight to the Drifters yet. On the other hand, from the billboard video, the Sansha look way more like an invading battle fleet, and we have no idea where that is taking place.

I wonder if it is possible that the damage to the Tyrant ships has been caused, in large or small part, by trying to force their way through the environment of abyssal space and not necessarily combat. Said another way, they are staying longer than twenty minutes.

I suggested that a while back. If their ships do take damage, albeit at a slower rate than we do, that would kill the overshield and trigger the doomsday. It’s an automatic reaction. Although there are damaged Triglavian vessels as well, might be none of them are totally immune to the Abyss, which would make it ‘a struggle’. The Sansha segment of the video, missing Drifter fleet staging areas and the Domain of Bujan all seem to point to space we do not have access to or know about.

That’s where the Triglavian supercapital ships come into the picture.

3 Likes

For a while at least, it does seem possible as you suggest that the Drifters may not have even realized they were fighting an enemy. The space itself is an enemy. It does seem like the cat “must” be out of the bag now, though, if for no other reason than the Tyrant forces “must” be aware of the information that we have received.

Moderately terrifying yet I think quite accurate thought.

1 Like

A super super capital named Simargl, I hope. Oh I just love that so much. I have been praying for the dark heart of the mother to open up and end Mankind for Quite Some Time, now.

Right right right! I should get back into my End of Mankind… oh, I hear it coming…

Yes, I know, sweeties. Yes, I know…

Yes… I see about thirteen people lined up. I am aware, darlings.

My EoM. Not that other EoM. End. End of Mankind! It is so overdue. Think of all the new and exciting places the Universe might go if Mankind got eaten by a giant winged doomsday lycanthrope named Simargl. Love it. Love! It!

Who is a good boy? Yes you are! scratch scratch scratch thump thump thump!

It could have been the space itself since they were all damaged in an equal manner thus likely didn’t even take extra damage in the form of combat.
The triglavians tho seem to have the situation in hand the conduit loops are just death traps and testing grounds with no apparent core of their civilisation in sight and since they control them unless their tech is stolen or reverse engineered they’re safe.
I am more worried about Sansha’s nation as they’ve shown capable of stealing and adapting jovian tech who is to say they won’t do the same with triglavian tech too

1 Like

The Triglavians do possess relatively more control than other factions. However, they are debating where their enemy’s main force is, what to do with the drones, and as you say there is Sansha’s Nation. It shows no outward indications of having been damaged. For example, it has not yet redirected incursions because its resources are under pressure on another front.

It is a dark room full of assassins out to get one another.

sometimes I wonder if maybe we haven’t become a little TOO paranoid, we assume that they are hostile, or at least duplicitous, because we are hostile and duplicitous and, because historically most of the other cultures we’ve encountered have ranged between standoffish and meddling (in the case of the jove) to outright aggressive (everyone else)

The triglavians though don’t seem to operate, or even think like anyone else we’ve ever met. maybe just like they are having to re-evaluate how they generally handle things, we should do the same.

That may be the case for the moment, but I did just have a thought as I was going through old documents and public records.

Are they aware of our clone states, and if not would that information cause a problem?

Yes they are: «specific augmentation profile commonality involves utilization of biological construct enhancement with cybernetic adaptation for personality-level command identity submergence»
Specifically “personality-level command identity submergence”

Doesn’t seem to bother them. Their current position is that we are worthy of proving ourselves.

I meant more specifically the alpha clone states, but as you just mentioned it doesn’t appear to be a concern to them.

While the war between the Triglavians and Drifters is something to keep note of, I am curious to know how the Drifters are resupplying their numbers. I must have missed something but last I knew, they gained new bodies by killing us. Salvaging our clone remains and using them to create a New Drifter. If this “War in Heaven” has not come to full steam, then are we ourselves in danger as well? After all with the Drifters taking heavy losses, who will they look towards in order to gain more components?

I ask this because the other day I witnessed something I never thought I would see. While Drifters tend to send their Autothysian Drones out to do the scanning and monitoring of star systems. In my home system, I was engaged with the local Serpentis compliment at an Deserted Gallente Station. During this I had a Tryannos and compliment of 3 Battle-cruiser class ships warp in on me. I honestly froze, as last time I saw a mix like that, they engaged me and destroyed my ship. I was lucky to escape with my pod. This time however they did not engage me. Instead they started scanning the remains of the pirates I destroyed, and various other objects.

This might be common for everyone else but for me, I have never seen them do that. Further more there was no Unknown Wormhole on my overview. Where they came from and why there were in my system has me concerned and curious at the same time. Are they sending more Autothysians out to engage the Triglavian’s and gauge their responses? Are the Drifters going to start coming after us in order to rebolster their own ranks? A curious matter is going on, are we even ready for this in our day in age?