[ARC] Semiosis

Doesn’t need to be an Unidentified Wormhole. Killing Lancers causes them to send for help. Usually Cassandra cruisers but also Orion. They don’t normally attack unless you are the one who killed the Lancers.

Never attacked the Lancers, these were the first Drifters I saw of the day. There was no reason for a Tyrannos and the Battle-cruisers to be there. This is why I am starting to get concerned, after all, we are the Drifter source of bodies.

Not their only source- it’s pretty widely known, or at least speculated, that the Drifter bodies are mostly reanimated Sleeper cadavers.

1 Like

They will stick around in system for a while.

A Perun clade message has been received, titled ‘DIRECTIVE SURV-9.’ The format is different from prior cladeflow messages.

Work underway.

8 Likes

Somewhat difficult to format the translations but here we go:
Left to right headers: SYSTEM SCAN
ANALYSING
DAZH CAT: VI-II

Left panel bottom text: RAZNABORG 9-TTC29
The text in the panel while it’s showing a system appears to also say RAZNABORG 9-TTC29.

The text during the next frame is too small and blurry to translate without a lot of guessing. Going to work on that.

Right panel text:
Analysing
THEROKINESIS: 2.6
BELO-CHERNO SCAME
IMMANENCE: FLAME
PROTIUM TRACE: NEGLIGIBLE
LIMINAL BOUNDARY: 557
PROFOUND MATTER: 1 034

5 Likes

The center looks more than a tad like a simulation of galactic formation.

The small panel reads:
Accessing ???
Pilot: Jynn Minomo
Security Status… 0.1

Can’t work out the second word. I see an r about half way through.

Interesting!
Jynn Minomo:
Eve Who
zkillboard

It seems Jynn’s corp had a recent-ish Epithal loss (February). Is this the same star system shown just before the clip of an Epithal?

Unfortunately, no; orbital parameters match Hatori, which tracking agents indicate is Minomo’s current system.

4 Likes

So, what of her has caused their attention?

Winds know.

My guess is that there was a survey mission being undertaken by Perun Clade in the system, and they encountered just that one vessel. We’ve sent an inquiry to Jynn Minomo and her associates.

Otherwise, the system search is on-going.

7 Likes

The first thing that came to my mind was a mindmap - as in of an infomorph - model.

2 Likes

That is also possible. Through the “powers of 10” concept, it could also be some very small biological process.

I looked for an example of the simulations that I was thinking of, and the University of Caille’s charming “Zurich” campus has produced:

University of Caille Galactic Formation Simulation

1 Like

That… doesn’t actually resemble the activity in that central window. It kinda looks more… brownian, almost.

1 Like

The central window, with the weird blob. It’s not a mutaplasmid, is it ?

There have been some discussions to the effect that the system map may indicate an unknown structure, non-citadel, off the normal transit lines of the system. Combat probes didn’t turn anything up, however.

It may also have been a signature or anomaly active at the time the Triglavians were surveying the system.

1 Like

Looks like information about the star itself protium is the most commonly encountered form of hydrogen some words may be bit skewed therokinesis could be thermokinesis and liminal could be luminal.
I find it weird they’d detect very little hydrogen when it’s the most abundant around could it mean the star is low on hydrogen? Could we witness a stellar event in that system?

1 Like

Lol. I completely and totally passed over this, instead thinking “bloody fantastic, a new mineral to go with the new Jovian cult.” Lol again. I actually didn’t notice “liminal,” but saw it as “luminal.” I did the same with “flame,” reading it as “flare.”

It all does seem to suggest a planet shattering kaboom is inbound.