[ARC] Semiosis

Are we able to identify the type of star in the system in question?

If indeed the system is Hatori, as we suspect, then it’s a K4 V, temperature 4334 K, luminosity .08.

1 Like

Keep a close eye on it, if it changes, we could be dealing with a Jynn’s Star case.

1 Like

It’s THERMOKINOSIS, likely a typo on our (ARC) side, confirm LIMINAL is correct.

Hmmm. K stars seem to be prime candidates for planets which support life. Amusing in a certain wider context. That suitability is in part because they are docile little things. In fact “they are stable on the main sequence for a very long time (20 to 71 billion years).” That does not really suggest that it would have depleted its hydrogen (at least naturally) by our present day.

“Liminal”, for those in the business of speculating, meaning having to do with changes or boundaries.

2 Likes

That’s what I was assuming, but was hoping was not the case.

“Changes to” boundary 557
Hydrogen trace negligible
profound matter 1034

Wait. Could profound matter be Isogen-5, as opposed to dark matter or something?

Well, it is a very pretty star. But it is 13 billion years old and should have plenty of hydrogen. There are no readily apparent precursor hydrogen scooping devices in the vicinity.

Actually, in-context… LIMINAL BOUNDARY: 557 could also mean ‘near boundary 557’ or even ‘positioned at boundary point: 557’

Which could mean it’s near what the Triglavians consider ‘their’ boundary.

Well, we know that stargates and Jove wormhole generators work by exploiting natural points of… susceptibility… in space-time, points where a wormhole is somewhat more likely to exist, just because of the topology. So it could be taken as indicative of a potential gate location, or even an actual gate’s position.

ie: by ‘BOUNDARY: 557’, they might mean at one of these ‘likely’ spots where it’s useful to set up gates, use wormhole drives/generators, etc. With that in mind… if it wasn’t an Epithal, it might even have meant an abyssal trace where someone’s diving.

2 Likes

It would be a pretty good place to have a gate. It is very central with respect to the larger cluster.

But as we are familiar with it, the gate may not be visible, and may be like an abyssal pocket not yet connected to k-space. It’s there, but in a layer of reality we cannot touch… what would happen if we lit a filament on the location?

Well, first we’d have to identify exactly where, in that big empty expanse of space-time, ‘Liminal Boundary: 557’ is.

Maybe start with scouting the lagrangian points in system? Work from the most stable down. Perhaps the gravitational balance will help calm an area of abyssal space.

Looking at stargate locations, there isn’t a correspondence between Lagrange points and the kind of cosmological topology we’re talking about.

I was thinking more instead of generating and manipulation gravitational forces to create wormholes. Abyssal space is chaotic gravitational hell I believe? (I may well be wrong, I’m buried away in other research right now). Points of natural calm would make for good crossing points, like fording a river.

Minor correction.

The recent Perun Clade message right panel had a couple errors and a missing line. This has since been fixed. Please direct any corrections to Makoto Priano.

Analysing
THERMOKINESIS: 2.6
BELO-CHERNO SCALE 0.08
IMMANENCE: FLAME
PROTIUM TRANSITION: FAINT
POREVITIUM TRACE: NEGLIGIBLE
LIMINAL BOUNDARY: 557
PROFOUND MATTER: 1,034

6 Likes

“Pore vitium” has basic associations with ancient liturgical Amarrish. “Time sin” or “Time fault” could be possible translations.

Protium Transition could be related to the outer shell electron transitions that produce spectral lines in an emission nebula. In this case, related to basic H elementary hydrogen. Perhaps investigating whether the system the area is in is related to star formation or not.