[ARC] Semiosis

Prayers, convocations, profound considerations, and a single-minded devotion to purging corruption is giving me all sorts of marvelous crusade-like vibrations. I am wistfully reminded of Her Previous Luminous Sovereign Majesty and the promised Sword of Righteousness.

Could it be that there exists some some… byzantine, is that the word?.. cultural entanglement between the masked angels and ancient Amarr after all?

3 Likes

Dear Triglavians.

I would enjoy a forward-time discussion about your noemas regarding hive-minds, since there are some interesting applications with the merging/cooperation of infomorphs in controlled environments that do not risk the integrity of the singletons in question, hence no need for immolation.

Best regards

3 Likes

I found an analogue of Caroline Star. In Drifters WH. This may be due to the search for a star by agents of the Triglavians.

1 Like

«conduit loop constructs and exclaves outside the proving have penetrated by entities corrupted by hivelinking»

Funny to see this - so Nation has managed to penetrate into the Abyss beyond the proving loops we’ve been allowed access to.

5 Likes

Well, that makes some sense- we’re aware the Sansha have some level of wormhole-generating technology, and we know by way of the New Eden-Anoikis wormhole network that even natural wormholes can traverse incredibly vast distances, so maybe it shouldn’t be a surprise that if we can penetrate the Abyss using filaments, the Sansha could do the same, then once they know where they’re going, use their Wormholes to access areas beyond what we can.

1 Like

Sir,

I’ve read many of your original publications and meta-analysis publications. I can’t recall seeing one specifically on Sansha, and was wondering if you have one I may have missed?

Keeping up with the current discourse here and the Triglavians noema against both Drifters and Sansha; in context of your theories on origin of Triglavians and Drifters in the 2nd Jove Empire; plus Sansha history with wormholes and raiding sleeper sites.

It occured to me to wonder if perhaps Sansha may have a some form of inside information from raided sites or another process, enough to provide historical context, and actionable information and technologies to initially force access to wormholes and now possibly the abyss.

Thank you for any direction in further reading.

((OOC Attempted to fix OOC information - thank you for the correction))

1 Like

It might be prudent to compile some history and data on Sansha’s Nation for consumption - at the very least, it’d serve as a nice refresher. I might look more into compiling that, as I haven’t done so before - you didn’t miss one~

((Hesitant OOC interjection: just to tell you, nothing at ALL is known about Jamyl and the Other in-character - there’s no way any of us as players could know about it, since only Jamyl herself and a couple of other specific people in New Eden had any knowledge of its existence.))

Sansha’s Nation has obviously gained a strong technological edge in a few areas, especially in the fields surrounding wormhole generation. Seeing as they have bases of operation set up in apparently locked-off Anoikis systems (save for J005299, which was among the “Shattered Systems” produced by the Caroline’s Star event), their use of wormhole tech likely comes from examples of ancient Talocan technology - examples of which are most visible in the Epicenter sites found in all but 5 of the Shattered Systems, those being the Drifter ones.

3 Likes

As an aside- do we have any information available regarding the nature of the wormhole network in Anoikis? Is that space just naturally prone to randomly-spawning wormholes? Are these wormholes occurring naturally because Talocan involvement and technology somehow disrupted space in that region? Or is there some hidden Talocan wormhole generator, or network of them, that’s just running rampant without anyone to control it?

2 Likes

While I don’t think any of us can conclusively comment on the naturally-occurring unstable wormhole network, it’s certainly the case that the Epicenters suggest intentional formation of spatial rifts by the Talocan, and the engineering and research facilities in what are now the Drifter hive systems were apparently once Sleeper facilities presumably dedicated to wormhole and rift research.

2 Likes

My thanks. Whatever the cause of the unstable wormholes, though, we’re certain of Sansha presence in Anoikis, assumedly beginning during their seventy-year “Exile” after the YC37 raids, so I’d suggest Sansha wormhole technology is some functional derivative of what the Talocan and Sleepers worked with.

What I’m building up to here, to bring things back to the topic of the Triglavians, is a curiosity about the Abyssal Filaments… the Rifts they open into Abyssal Deadspace must also be wormholes, by common definition if not scientific classification, so I’m curious as to whether the Filaments function in a similar manner to Sansha Wormholes, though I don’t know how the common Capsuleer would obtain that information… More to the point, could the Abyssal Filaments potentially be more Talocan-derivative technology?

1 Like

What is this Jovian-Triglavian satellite polity that HFN5 is referencing?

1 Like

No they are distinctly different. I did a lot of research into the nature of wormholes when I was with Signal Cartel and more is on the way. The original network could well have been fixed and controllable but now it isn’t. There are rules that appear to govern how wormhole systems connect to K-space and each other but it is not predictable. You can explore a chain and the chain will form the sort of pattern that is expected, but its impossible to predict the pattern beforehand. Holding that in place would have taken huge amounts of energy.
The systems used by Sansha, Drifters and probably Jove and Triglavians are going to be different. Comparable to the difference between a jump gate and a jump drive. The underlying science is quite possibly Talocan in origin but the filaments seem to be related to the Dead Storms of Detorid, more like a tear in space.

4 Likes

Very interesting, very interesting. My point was more along the lines of “Were the Triglavians also in the right place and time to study Talocan tech?”, which would draw more connections as to who they were and what they were up to at the time, but you make some interesting points otherwise.

1 Like

And there is. Dyson Sphere Around Caroline Star.

So, with the supernova of Caroline’s Star eliminating that Dyson Sphere…

That explains a lot, doesn’t it?

1 Like

Exactly. Why do the Drifter WH appear alongside the Jovian Observatories? Why are the Drifter hives there? Because there is a star class Carolina.
Drifters know how to use the Talokan heritage.

Actually if you would look up some derelict Talocan ships and facilities they could house similar singularity engines like the triglavians.
The Drifters don’t seem to have copied much in Talocan architecture or ship design

Let’s bring that down a notch, and connect some more dots. The Sleepers were the ones we know studied Talocans, and regardless of who the Drifters are, we’re pretty sure most of their stuff is built from Sleeper remnants and infrastructure.

Hold on- I just got this. Why were the Shattered Systems destroyed by Caroline’s Star? Correct me if I’m wrong about any of this, but the Shattered Systems were in Anoikis, and Caroline’s Star was in Jove Space, right? So that doesn’t make sense… unless the Shattered Systems were actively linked to Jove Space by Wormholes when the supernova occurred.

Yes it’s very likely the triglavians had been present at the right time and place to study Anoikis and Talocan tech . From their data streams their recorded history of rest of New Eden highlights they knew about Second Empire jove before the fall

So, that brings up another question. The Triglavians and the Drifters… how did they first meet in the current day? Did the Drifters go to the Abyss… or did the Triglavians try returning to Anoikis?