[ARC] Solicitation for Enclave Boarding Mission Parameters

Just about anything you can do becomes three times harder in zero-gee and about ten times harder in zero-gee and a vacuum.

Either find a way to fix hard-collars on the surface you’re cutting through or have a foolproof way to hack airlock opening mechanisms. The bad part about airlocks, of course, is that entering by them is analagous to going in through the door when you’re breaching a building. They don’t call doorways “vertical coffins” for nothing.

I’m more concerned about what you might bring back from breaching a Drifter structure. Biological agents. Chemical agents. Infomorphic parasites. It might be worth making everyone who enters softclone first and then burning the whole breach team rather than letting them back onto your ships.

Set up deadspace labs to handle the material and data you bring back and run them in autistic communication protocols to prevent anything from… escaping.

1 Like

Perhaps use a magnetic clamp to attach to the structure and use a mining laser boring machine (rotating smaller mining lasers like a tunnel borer) to cut through.

You do make a good point, any salvage that is retrieved should be studied in a human free environment until proven non hazardous to biological life.

If your going to do this, might as well do it safe. An inflatable or detachable airlock would work. Attach it to the hull, cut thru the hull and use the new airlock to come and go as you please. Instill think this is a bad idea, but if your going to risk lives anyway, this will be the most lo key way of doing it

1 Like

But how can you assure the warclones that you plan to employ that you can keep their infomorphs safe? Even the leader of the guristas, fatal, is afraid of the drifters.

1 Like

As Pieter said: you softclone before you go in. No burn-scanner goes in with you, no way to beam a compromised infomorph out to your medical clone.

No transmissions out. Physical salvage only, returned to the breaching pod before a pre-arranged time. And even that only minimizes the risk to the retrieval group. It doesn’t mitigate the damage done to the environment at all. And that’s another massive concern if this is being done for scientific purposes: you don’t want to run the risk of contamination in the other direction, either.

Let’s completely ignore any concerns of ‘we might hurt the drifters’ (although I’m sure the actual scientists can recognize exactly how we might, and the optimists who still have any hope for an eventual amicable settlement can recognize why that would be bad… ignoring that, we don’t want to give them more information.

Sure, they studied the crap out of Tukoss. But we don’t know what they learned—and what they didn’t. Let’s say someone goes in with the sniffles, and it turns out that the flu is deadly to them. Congratulations, now they know that, and we probably won’t. So they can start working their genetic manipulation to prevent similar contagions from affecting them.

We don’t know what their vulnerabilities are outside of their ships, and more importantly, we don’t want them to know how they’re vulnerable, either.

1 Like

Interesting ideas certainly…

Appealing ones? Not to this former cloned soldier, not now. Maybe if you’d caught me a couple of years ago before I figured out you could get out of that cycle of violence.

Maybe if one of them comes into the jurisdiction of the Federal member-state I now live in I could… I don’t know? Arrest them? If one actually committed a crime.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to explain the difference in cloning tech and the dangers from the drifters “mind kidnapping”, as well as the ethics involved but they won’t listen, maybe you can convince them otherwise.

2 Likes

I was Hoping to not get involved in this matter myself but i guess I have no choice given the discussions with my fellow clones.

there are quite a few things wrong with your plans and how we as warclones work. I doubt many of you are well aware of our compatibility issues between warclones and capsuleers.

Firstly, unlike you capsuleers who can freely make multiple clones across the universe, where upon death your scanned into a new clone of your choosing, we warclones have a different kind of mind transfer, which is the steady flow and transportation of the consciousness to a new readily built clone, built from nanites might i add, as soon as we die. This very fact proves you don’t even know much of how we work in that regard unless you actually took time to research how warclones operated.

and to that matter, “waking us up” with a softclone is extremely unethical even for me and ive done some things in my past that i would rather not try to remember.

We cant just be “scanned” into a new body for legitimate reasons. that being in order for us to re-clone, we have to have our consciousness at all time during the process. so no, “soft cloning” wont work with us.
another thing about us is that we have different implants than capsuleers. I’m a bit rusty on my knowledge of the specifics since its been so long but i know damn well that you capsuleers don’t know our cloning techniques.

before I end this, I need to inform you that, like i said above, since mind transfer is entirely different from capsuleers, IF we were to be kidnapped by drifters there wouldn’t be any easy way of retrieving us back for the whole “Flow of consciousness” part of our process unless you knew which drifter kidnapped every specific warclone and how to re-extract them yourselves. and theoretically I beleive 1 of 2 things would happen for either cases:

• A - We manage to safely re-aquire the clone
  • B - the clone could get lost in the drifters own version of “tac-net” that they accidentally go to one of thier bodies and ultimately become one of them.

So to that regard and as the CEO of the Bosena Accords, We will not be lending or employing any warclones, under the circumstances that we have discussed and agreed upon to your planned actions of warclone usage. you say you care for us, but yet you don’t even understand us, nor are you demonstrating that even if you are trying to.

Knight Guard Fury
CEO of Bosena Accords

6 Likes

I told everyone. :pouting_woman:

Remote control cyborgs. :robot:

But did anyone listen ? :ear:

“Oh it’s Dr. V. Well we’ll just ignore her suggestion because politics.” :hear_no_evil:

Alrighty then. :woman_shrugging:

I’ll be over here :nail_care: while you’re all trying to fight off a drifter infomorphic incursion into your implants.

2 Likes

Sending the silent slightly homicidal (by our standards) cyborgs a bunch of free cyborgs to steal may not be a great plan.

1 Like

If the signal is lost, the deadmans handle activates and the failsafe atomic device is triggered.

1 Like

I thought it was a good idea. It’s definitely more ethical

1 Like

The solution is still as it always is: Slaves.

Of course, feed the beings that routinely take human corpses fresh, walking biomass instead. Brilliant plan.

I believe the intent was to cause as little damage as possible, multiple explosive devices might be a little counter-productive.

2 Likes

The problem with breaching anywhere other then an airlock is that the interior of the structure is a completely alien environment, what are you breaching into? A hallway? A fuel reservoir? The women’s locker room? A void in the hull? Until you acquire a full map of the structure and verify that the other structures are identical, an airlock is your safest bet.

4 Likes

@Woodrow_Ormand; no known instance of Drifter mind-napping or similar thing has occurred since the probable case of Hilen Tukoss. Neuromemetic intrusion is suspected in one case but unconfirmed, on the suspicion of neuromemetic warfare capacities for certain retrieved data structures. Work is on-going in this area, and is one of the reasons why we’re fairly certain we can prevent contamination, if it’s even a risk; essentially, we have experience, and the threat seems overstated. Of course, it does merit mentioning that much of this work is predicated upon verification and deployment of methods of data control and infomorph data transfer safety. However, we’re not going in dumb, equipped with only duct tape and baling wire, as the line goes.

Please understand that your initial statements posited our plan was unethical for a behavior we weren’t entertaining in the slightest. Since then, your apparent rationale for calling ARC’s actions unethical has seemingly changed. From my perspective, it’s almost as if you’re actively trying to construct arguments for why “ARC is bad and we should feel bad.”

Very simply, it’s because of this seeming rationale that why we often try to ignore you.

To elaborate on matters of ethics in infomorph personnel useage: all personnel will be made fully aware of all risks involved in any operation and provided appropriate compensation. Risks include euthanization of contaminated clones. However, we believe that establishment of a soft clone-style methodology for clone soldiers is not only possible, but readily achievable. We also believe that use of infomorph personnel for this operation will significantly reduce the risk of loss of life, provided that drones remain a probably ineffective solution for more than mapping or simple transport work, and that baseliner personnel remain significantly more exposed to the risks of the operation.

Essentially, it boils down to this: is it unethical for adequately informed and compensated personnel to voluntarily take risks? I would say no, it’s perfectly ethical on that basis.

@Kador_Ouryon; a life of peace sounds lovely, though perhaps not one all of us are able to achieve. Best of luck to you on your path.

@KnightGuard_Fury; hello! Please be aware that while the specifics are not usually well-known to capsuleers, ARC has a solid working familiarity with incremental mindstate transfer technology and the underlying cybernetics, likely better than most Capsuleer organizations, though certainly second to dedicated biotech concerns and naturally clone soldier organizations. It is for this reason that we’ve solicited response.

Without getting too deeply into the weeds, to give a working overview to demonstrate familiarity; incremental mindstate transfer technology is just that. The control architecture for the implant network is commonly described as a new lobe primarily replacing the thalamus, hippocampus and brainstem, from which it regulates consciousness, short term and long term memory formation, and most sensory and ambulatory functions. Incremental mindstate updates are transferred from the clone as experiences occur and skills are developed, essentially ‘streaming’ a changing consciousness to command infrastructure using difference files, versioning the backup. The clone soldier or Sleeper implants are incompatible with baseliner clones as a working architecture requires that the clone be essentially ‘grown’ with a cavity where the implant technology is inserted in later stages. As an aside, Drifter implant architecture is usually added as an addition to existing Sleeper implant infrastructure.

Please note that when I say ‘soft cloning,’ it’s a short-hand, not a technical proscription. As we both know, the technical differences in architecture prevent employment of identical methods. While something like a TEBS could possibly be devised to operate on those using Sleeper-derived implant technology, there’s simply been no point, and it seems like an excessive redundancy, unless someone’s thinking to use it for intelligence purposes, and even then it’d require intact retrieval of the brainstem implant anyway.

Now, I understand the useage of Capsuleer terminology is a jarring one for a clone soldier, but you already have a system that mirrors the operation of this. We just intend to be much more direct about it. Essentially, my understanding is this: incremental mindstate transfers don’t go to a fresh clone directly, but instead to databanks, usually aboard war barges, and are then burst-transmitted to MCCs or CRUs where they are uploaded into a waiting, fresh clone. My impression at present is that MCCs and other CRU infrastructure doesn’t use the irradiating wormhole-like technology of drop uplinks, which essentially function as ground-based cyno/bridge networks, untenable for use by baseliners who don’t have a death wish.

The notable thing, of course, is that the implant architecture doesn’t use entangled communications, but is instead via the usual local methods, not unlike fighter pilot cloning methodologies though clearly far more reliable.

So, when I say clone soldiers use an existing technology, it’s essentially this: that central clearing house for clone soldier consciousness transfers remains active even in cases when the clone soldier leaves transmission range. In such cases, it’s my understanding that the clone soldier is tagged as ‘MIA,’ and a fresh clone may be decanted with the most up-to-date infomorph, whether or not the clone soldier has been verified as being dead. Essentially, this mirrors soft-cloning technology in being able to preserve personnel despite unforeseen circumstances, but if anything is more flexible given that the infomorph backup is constantly being updated, whereas soft clones require a time-consuming and not inexpensive process.

Now, I’d been given to believe that while this isn’t expressly used to provide volunteers the ability to ‘back themselves up’ if necessary for an operation, it is a technology that is not unusually employed in the rare circumstance that a backup is needed.

Am I mistaken?

7 Likes

Wasn’t the Templar / “Dustbunny” cloning tech officially shut off, though? You should have all been transitioned to alpha-clone systems at the very least.

1 Like

The tactical network supporting clone mercenaries has been shut down, but the soldiers continue to operate in some capacity, often more closely linked with the ‘sanctioned’ clone soldier organizations. As you can imagine, without the official sanction for independents, things have gotten rather murkier.

4 Likes

Greetings Ms. @Makoto_Priano.

The main issue with the transfer of consciousness is psychological trauma and probable catatony due to incongruence of physiological states, even on same morphology scenarios, as is wildly available in the medical literature under the term “wetgraving”.

Capsuleer compatible people go trough a very effective psychological conditioning to deal with the transition, and VIP’s softcloning process yet lacks a long term longitudinal study to adequately measure the impact on performance (not that it is currently a concern for business due to its many advantages), but to expect the same type of resilience or the retention of functional high grade abstract cognizance operation from unprepared minds such as specialized personnel (in your case scientist) is a bit more complicated.

Maya Entertainment novel VR environments are also used on the furthering of processes that aggregate economic value, national security and medical treatment to the population of all factions across the cluster, besides the good family fun and dream realization experiences.

After several thousands men-hour of trials, we have developed a very reliable test to identify compatible subjects using a VR stress-conditioning program that assesses the subjects performance evaluating acceptable scores for the users willing to undergo the infomorph transfer process.

This methodology is currently being implemented by several important assets and organizations throughout the cluster due to it’s high efficacy and the cost effectiveness of the contracts from the patented program.

If it is of you desire, my company will provide pro bono the psychological evaluation process of the individuals compatible to infomorphic transitions and the conditioning necessary to increase resilience on your strike teams, as the Sleeper/Drifter and now Triglavian issue is a matter that concerns all humanity.

While it is true that this is a high efficacy and proven method, there are some things to consider, such as the amount of time that it takes to properly evaluate and train the people so no rushing safety protocols (we are talking about a few months here), and the undeniable fact that not every mind is compatible for infomorphic manipulation, no matter how well trained they are, so i can’t guarantee that all your team will be viable options for the proposed missions, even tough all of them would gain significant benefits from the training program that could be used on other functions.

If one would need a hasty operation, witch i’m sure it is not your case, there are unsafer and less ethical methods available on the cluster, but again, i’m sure it is not your case.

My team and i are at ARC’s disposal regarding the safety and progress of the humankind.

Best Regards and awaiting your contact.

Maya Entertainment
Your dreams are our business

1 Like

Perhaps my words were not sufficiently clear.

Lo! A pictorial representation, with additional text explanations.

4 Likes