Are bots really being handled?

Having mined before myself, this is the most likely explanation.

chill
ill manhandle all the bots myself , they will run to other games in terror

1 Like

First, I really would like to see EVE without bots. But I would like to point out some flaws in your post:

‘It surprised me that I had to report them at all because this activity should be super easy to spot with metrics’
Apart from the long time online, I don’t think their activity differs much from ‘regular’ miners who make long hours. Where do you put that threshold though, without accidentally flagging people who like peaceful mining all weekend long while binge watching series? 10 hours? 15 hours?

Does it take months to deal with a bot?
It’s probably easy to take out one bot. But if I were CCP I wouldn’t try to manually remove bots one by one, but I would look into ways to target entire groups of the same type of bot. And taking those out may indeed take a lot of time, as the bot makers are also updating their stuff I presume.

Today I spotted real player from a real player corp in an Obelisk carting away the ore. -snip- That’s the guy I would really like to report. Is there a way to do this?
You may be right to think that this player is the owner of the bots. Or he may have bought the ore from the bots. Or he may just be an unaffiliated hauler who’s making money with this public hauling contract.

I don’t think fighting bots is as easy as you think it is.

1 Like

Much as the police sometimes let small fry operate in order to catch bigger fish, CCP may well be allowing some bots to operate in order to identify RMT sellers and networks.

4 Likes

The Fight Against Cheating Devblog

Monthly Security Report Devblog - I wish they would continue to post these. It shows by far the most bans per month are on botters.

EVE Vegas 2019 Data and Botting presentation - the first 10 minutes or so explains what is going on at CCP’s end when it comes to fight botting.

I have received emails from CCP on a handful of occasions after I have submitted “Report Bot” on characters I suspected of botting confirming they have taken action.

1 Like

Look! I have a CODE mining permit!

4 Likes

You seem a bit mad

Where did code own you?

1 Like

Beep Beep, Boop. Error. Beep beep.

Bots are what’s keeping the game alive.

I don’t think so we need bots, but might be the game mechanics CCP can evolve and introduce some kind of scripts makes the manual boring activities more enjoyable. So make some legal bots, but I think to make the probably later unavoidable Captcha style bot checking more acceptable this kind of checking might be looks like a CONCORD ship landing on the grid and asking the question, if you not answering correctly or quickly enough, they can shoot you… :slight_smile:

first: two month necro

second: or i shoot you while you answering the question…silly idea.

there is no bots in eve online

I saw an Alvus Queen once.

1 Like

I had my bot handled on the bus once

1 Like

They are scared of Solstice gatekeeping from Hek.

Mate they unbanning the bots now, I think CCP made its message clear now.

No… they aren’t… for the umpteenth time… they are not…
:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Stop interpreting the list of exclusions as a highly technical legalese document where every punctuation mark would have some significance in a court of law: that they listed RMT and botting on the same line DOES NOT imply that they MUST be tied together.

2 Likes

That should be semicolon, not a colon, Archer.

3 Likes

I find that hard to believe because you did not post in all caps. Because as we all know, if its posted in all caps on the internet, then it has to be true! Besides, I haven’t gotten back 1 of the 17 RMT acct’s that I had, that got banned. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

They don’t need to unban bots, there is plenty of them already in the game.