Are numbers up or down?

This is the line I was replying to

There certainly have. Presidents from Earth, but no Earth Presidents.

Ok did not suprised but i would like to see source . If its possible .

A president from earth would qualify as an earth president. A president of earth would be a president of the entire planet.

Just like an earth doctor would just be a doctor from earth not a doctor of the earth

2 Likes

So Tree Surgeons are men made of wood?

1 Like

Well aren’t you pedantic today.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Eh, I work all day telling Karens they can’t have a refund. I get my kicks in small ways.

Also “are not you pedantic” made me chuckle into my ready meal for one.

2 Likes

Okay. I’ll bite.

Yup. Pedantic as all get-out today.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

I didnt say it was incorrect, its just funny because that was as hard as I could reverse engineer the sentence to be pedantic about it.

Now that’s pedantry.

1 Like

Could be, that’s the beauty of English, it’s a very context sensitive language.

The sentence

“You’re a genius”

Can have multiple meanings some the exact opposite of others entirely based on the context.

True, example:

If you said it to Einstein, he’d probably laugh and say you’re being very kind.

If you said it to me, I’d be like “why the sarcasm, bro. that’s not very nice”.

ITT:

2 Likes

So are missile destroyers ships that destroy missiles or are missile shooting destroyers… maybe even both? :thinking:

Hilariously, the name of Destroyer classification of naval vessel is a pendant’s joyfield, even more in EvE, so let’s not go there.

too much English lecture for me. I am too old… and tired… confused… I will read those tomorrow.

can someone summarise it for me ?

up or down?

1 Like

Can’t believe you two lot are still around. You probably live inside the server blades :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have a link per se.

Just that it was discussed here over the summer and in that thread someone did have a link to a CCP statement about rolling back scarcity, reducing “the great exodus”, and cutting back on the EVE financial stimulus they tried. In that bulletin there was a comment about “rebalancing” mining ships by the end of the year.

(Footnote: A lot of people agreed with that , especially changing Oracs as it was believed they are too powerful right now.)

1 Like

Hmmm
No mater how much spices they put on Veldspar it is still Veldspar. No Kernite or Omber and occasional other ores makes mining more fun. My big beef is CCP totally destroyed High Security in some genius plan to force me out of High Security. NO !!! I will let my stuff and three omegas rot in DOOMHEIM first. CCP has declined almost 500 bucks from me and my three omega accounts! I been buying down chemical. Love to come back. But not for Ved Scro Prox only!

1 Like

CCP make around $60 million USD per year from EVE. Your $500 doesn’t even reach 1/1000th of one percent of revenue.

Individual choice and action is great, but it isn’t something that has any weight with CCP. It requires mass numbers to withhold spending before there would be an effect.

If you want more profit, its more risk. Much like anything else. Cry more please.

Quit flexing your internet muscles at me son! I am unimpressed. No doubt in my mind if we sat across from each other you would be more respectful. I am merely suggesting mandatorily forced playstyle changes alienating an existing customer is bad idea.

1 Like