Are overly conventional cybernetic arms holding back the State?

These. Or maybe people who have already been through hell and come out more-or-less functional are just more likely to pass the training.

2 Likes

This wasnā€™t always part of the process, though. That said, Iā€™ve heard somewhere that apparently a surprising number of otherwise capsule-ready pilots canā€™t overcome that part of the modern training.

I have a clanmate who was against giving up his original body during training.

Not coincidentally, he failed out before he got that far.

1 Like

Yes, it wasnā€™t always. There are plenty of older capsuleers who went through the program without having to self-euthanize. But as far as I understand, itā€™s mandated for new graduates now. I was in one of the last classes in Republic University before they made it a requirement.

It wasnā€™t actually an issue for me. No trauma in my childhood or adult life as such, just the usual stuff. However, I believe being Intaki helped. Iā€™ve led previous lives already, to me every time I clone itā€™s simply a new incarnation in this life.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never been much for the grand spiritual debates but I would very much like a tentacle arm like an octopus, so I support this idea in general.

Probably should have been, though.

ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Weā€™re capsuleers. Weā€™ve always been good at euthanizing each other, regardless.

1 Like

This sounds like reason enough to start an arms race.

6 Likes

The Federation doesnā€™t have a leg to stand on.

7 Likes

Oh, come on, people, get a grip!

7 Likes

We canā€™t, someone spilled elbow grease.

5 Likes

Why must you insist on pointing the finger?

5 Likes

This is getting out of hand.

7 Likes

And so the great pun war had begun, sadly no one noticed that the drones and their allies the vending machines where taking over station by station. Until it was to late, then we where all doomed to drinking tepid beverages and 3 years out of past due date chocolateā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking an outreach program may be necessary.

3 Likes

That would never happen without a fully armed response.

4 Likes

HEY! Thatā€™s a step too far!

3 Likes

Indeed, I suspect heā€™ll be putting his foot in his mouth over that.