Are people leaving low level wormholes?

Am I the only one who noticed significant content decrease in low lever wormholes?
I remember a yer ago or so there were much more content there, but for now wormholes are so desert. Not much players venture into anomalies, comparing to past.

What happened to low level wormholes?

If that’s true, take advantage of the power vacuum now

They may have wandered of to nullsec and ruin the game more for everyone else with sooper dooper ratting.

With melted nano ribbons being cheap which is most of the pve value and the small citadel mechanics being unforgiving in wormholes with solo/small groups its really not a surprise.

1 Like

Yes I have noticed low level wormholes seem empty recently. I don’t see the problem as it just means I die less when collecting gas.

1 Like

They may make a return somewhat with moon mining in wormholes, but as other have mentioned, C1 and C2 WHs are mostly worthless crap, with no isk income (Or below highsec isk anyway) but with cosmic levels of risk that even nullsec carebears don’t have to deal with. I got out of the wormhole garbage after figuring that out.

3 Likes

yeah, i remember my first incursions into WH space with fleets of T3s or Command ships/HACs /Bombers showing on D-Scan. there were also a lot of bubbles making warping around a chore.

nowadays it seems every system is full of abandoned upwell structures or pos towers. there’s usually a scoute or explorer/hauler moving around but most combat ships are strangely absent.

last action i had these days was playing cat and mouse with a Ferox and having to escape a Lachesis camping my mobile depot. really nice guys.

guess the changes to exploration + wormhole related stuff like Drifters, Shattered Wormhole content and a blooming of ships capable of powerfarming the content ended crashing the WH materials market.

but that still doesnt explain why shouldnt people adapt to the income changes instead of abandoning their source of profit. if the ships flied were too costly then you can always downgrade to something cost effective.

i mean, you dont need a cruiser/bc to do C1 sites (C2s are a different animal due to the battleship spawns). a frigate can clear most of the sites and do the full job of salvaging + exploring, and the daily rewards from it are several times bigger than the cost of the vessel so if you loose it you can easily get another and start again.

and im talking T1 basic frigates, not something advanced like navy or pirate. so not only the hull is hella cheap but you can bling it to a degree that its still way cheaper than most of the vessels that are usually suggested and can be used for both PvE and PvP as long as you carry the needed stuff.

WH’s and especially Low Class WH’s have been un-loved and badly misunderstood by CCP for years.

4 Likes

I’d love to live in a class 1, the PI would be amazing, but those stinker dinker PVP’ers would be bothersome having to do PVP 23/7, not my 2 girls 1 cup of Joe I must say.

1 Like

what? there’s barely pvp in the low classes right now. you can move around several chains of low class wormholes and not find anything.

sometimes there’ an Astero/Stratios or a Covert Ops or a T2 hauler but nothing more.

it has become pretty rare to see combat ships in the hole. allthought D-Scan inmune recons are always a threat.

1 Like

That is similar to I have noticed too - desert state of low level wormholes.

Anyone knows if CCP planned something which may buff population there?

Nope, it’s an abandoned eve project, just like everything CCP touches, they promise the moon, deliver a half assed buggy and incomplete expansion, then immediately abandon it in a broken or unfinished state with no purpose for half a decade or more, till they repeat the same thing.

It’s a processes they repeat a LOT. (Planetary interaction, Faction Warfare, Resource Wars, Advanced npc AI, FOBs, Wormholes, the list just goes on and on and on.)

2 Likes

Well on that note, I was living in a class 4 wormhole with a c2 and c3 static and was curious about the class 2 anomalies.
So a corpmate and I went to the static and had a look. We had two Gilas and warped to one of the anomalies. We were very cautious at first because we already knew the dangers of class 3 and 4 sleepers but after one class 2 anomaly, we just warped to the next anomaly and stopped moving at all.
I think it can be done with Moas even or to be on the save side, a Drake at most.

1 Like

Feel free to contact me if you are still Interessed in living in a C1 wormhole.

I am interrested in hunting to those who live in C1 wormholes. not live there itself)

This is WHY the question appeared - the content population decrease…

Well on that note, I was living in a class 4 wormhole with a c2 and c3 static and was curious about the class 2 anomalies.
So a corpmate and I went to the static and had a look. We had two Gilas and warped to one of the anomalies. We were very cautious at first because we already knew the dangers of class 3 and 4 sleepers but after one class 2 anomaly, we just warped to the next anomaly and stopped moving at all.
I think it can be done with Moas even or to be on the save side, a Drake at most.

cruiser/bc lvl is possile yeah, but personal testing with frigates showed that the battleship spawns are capale of one shotting ships even with a low signature radius. so i put them as non viable in anything small.

I am interrested in hunting to those who live in C1 wormholes. not live there itself)

you would have to day trip a lot or camp the entrance from K-Space, otherwise the only way to find prey is to live in one yourself.

using a cloak capable ship to camp exploration sites could be a good strat. but i’d recommend a D-Scan inmune recon ship.

Immune to d scan, well, well, well.

What is needed to live in one?
Tried a bit of nul, a lot of FW.
All are good, but ran into not beong able to do nul outside of mining, and FW was amazing and had alot of fun, but I destroyed my standings…

I will message in game

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.