"Are you a Vepas or a Lucash kinda guy?"

---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------

“There are two people that are synonyms with the Guristas, that’s Fatal and The Rabbit, obviously. Two men with legacies that tower above all the rest in this organization. That’s not to say there are others with legacies of their own worth mentioning. For example, there exists a tense rivalry between two high ranking officers that many in the Guristas are aware of and sometimes even have debates about, I’m talking of course, about Lucash Helmatt versus Vepas Minimala two leaders and incredible combat pilots that have left their marks in the Guristas’ history more times than once. Both of them compete to out-do the other,when Vepas pulls off a big raid, Lucash will pull off a bigger one. When Lucash snuffs out an enemy fleet, Vepas will do it quicker and with fewer casualties. Do I have preference? No, I’m quite fine with the two finding competition with one another. All it does is make them raise the bar further and further.”

• Suha Raibuya

“Are you a Vepas or a Lucash kinda guy?”

May 28th YC 122

Hakonnen, Lonetrek Region - Guristas Outpost in deadspace

“Okay, you know what? ■■■■ this, I’m gonna step out for a smoke.”

“Awww, can’t handle someone ripping apart your cute naive little raid plan that’s riddled with glaring flaws and oversights sweetheart?”

“No - I can’t handle a god damn wrinkly old man like you dragging his heels in the dirt for a perfectly sound plan that will make the three of us very rich.”

“That’s what they all say ■■■■■.”

“Call me ■■■■■ again and see what happens!”

“Come over here then girl!”

“STOP! Stop! Both of you need to cool down, alright? Arazo, sit down! Lenase, go have your smoke. Okay?”

“…”

“…”

“…I’ll be back in fifteen.”

“Should be enough time to rethink this freighter wreck of a plan.”

“Arazo, shut the hell up.”

“Okay Sirmas, I’ll keep my mouth shut…”

“…”

“…”

“Just what the hell is your problem Arazo?”

“This plan is ■■■■■■■■!”

“No it isn’t!”

“Keep telling yourself that boy.”

“Look! The patrols around this base never ever change-”

“-Until they do when launch the attack-”

“-Shut the ■■■■ up! Their fleet composition is the same thing it is day-in and day-out. We have intel on how they’re all fitted, we have a clear shot at their comms towers to nullify reinforcements and their warehouses are just sitting there in the middle of the complex. What’s ■■■■■■■■ about this plan?”

“I got a question for you Sirmas.”

“…Sure! ■■■■ it, what is it?”

“Are you a Vepas or a Lucash kinda guy?”

“…What the ■■■■ does that have to do with anything? You’re asking me if I prefer Vepas Minimala or Lucash Helmatt?”

“Yes.”

“Again - What does that have to do with anything?”

“It’s quite simple my boy. Do you prefer a commander that came directly from the Navy into the Guristas, or some ex-cartel deadbeat? Who would you rather get a plan of attack from.”

“Oh god! Is this about Lenase being a former Angel Cartel pilot?! That’s your whole gripe about this? That she USED to be a pilot for the Cartel therefore her plans are ■■■■?”

“I’m just saying - Cartel tactics don’t mesh well with Guristas tactics.”

“Based off what?”

“Based off the success rate of every single heist Vepas plotted compared to the blunders and sloppy jobs ran by Lucash and his Harriers.”

“Helmet’s s harriers bring in just as much dough as any gig Vepas has ran.”

“And I’m saying his gigs could’ve gone better if they didn’t have some Ex-Angel knucklehead leading the charge. And some actual home-grown Guristas pilots instead of Cartel or Serpentis washouts doing the heavy lifting.”

“What difference does it make?!”

“I told you the difference already, Cartel tactics DON’T mix with Guristas tactics. Their pilots are too used to their fancy Jove-Tech fueled ships and are not familiar with more sophisticated ships designed by the Guristas.”

“I actually would really like a Dramiel, they look really badass.”

“See, now you’re sounding more like a Lucash kinda guy.”

“I don’t care! Lucash, Vepas, makes no difference to me!”

“It should! You can’t trust Cartel pilots. I’m telling you this as I’ve been around the stargate enough times to know they’ll stab you in the back and leave you for dead. I don’t trust Lucash or his Harriers, as all it is is a insular little group of rejects from more incompetent pirate outfits…You really wanna trust a group like that? Filled with all the pilots that couldn’t gang with the Cartel’s low standards? Come on, open your eyes kid.”

“My eyes are wide open, I just see a stream of ■■■■■■■■ falling out of your mouth.”

“Heh, if you say so. Don’t say I didn’t try to warn you, you’re gonna blindly follow this Ex-Cartel tramp and get screwed over after the smoke clears and the loot is grabbed. Can’t trust them for a second, try not to remember that at the last second.”

“Whatever… So are you saying you’re out then? After all the work I’ve put in to bring you to the table for a very lucrative job?”

“Well I wished you just came out the gate and told me she was Ex-Cartel so I wouldn’t have to waste your time.”

“Then leave.”

“Then who’s gonna drink all this complimentary booze.”

“ I regret everything… Oh Lenase! Welcome back…”

“Gentlemen, I hope we’re ready to proceed?”

“I’d hope so, but it appears Arazo here is a little more bias than I thought.”

“Putting me on the spot now?”

“Damn Right.”

“Look, I really don’t give a ■■■■ if he’s bias or not. I’m gonna continue talking about this plan. Got it?”

“Oh by all means Lenase. Arazo?”

“Sure, let’s see what tweaks she’s thought up this time.”

“…Right, well - Potentially Arazo’s cruiser could hit the base first and grab the base’ attention while me and Sirmas warp in on the site at a completely different angle with our frigates and start running amok, confusing the defenders in the process.”

“So I’m gonna be your human shield?”

“One way of putting it, yes.”

“See that’s where I have a problem, why the hell should I trust putting my ass along with my crew’s asses on the line for some Ex-Angel pilot?”

“What does that have to do with ANYTHING?!”

“THAT’S WHAT I WAS SAYING!”

“Look I’m just saying that I don’t feel comfortable being told to be the god damn bullet sponge for you so you can swoop in and grab the loot and leave me and mine behind to die and get arrested.”

“Then leave you ■■■■■■■ pussy.”

“Make me you Angel ■■■■■.”

“Okay that’s it Arazo, you’re going down.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.