So after 50+ short stories surronding the Guristas and an idea tossed to me by a friend, I made this thread to serve as an index with links to all my differnt stories ont he Player Fiction subforum.
This long series of stories is surronding the economic efforts in Venal as a ressult of establishing a trade hub in the system of 6NJ8-V. It goes into detial about what new economic advancements have been made and follows the lives of several characters responsible for contiuning the efforts.
I will be updating this thread with any future stories I put up.
The literal cheery face of the spike in economic progress in Venal, Suha Raibuya is both a devout loyalist to the Guristas and devout teacher of her own interpretation of Caldari Wayism. Going by the name ‘Windchime Wayism’, Suha is a self-proclaimed Guru that sees it as her spiritual mission to enlighten others in her spirituality. Ontop of that, she’s also the brainchild and owner of the whole Prosperity Network and eagerly works to find new ways to improve the quality of life in the region of Venal.
The Capsuleer muscle and representative of the Venal Prosperity Network, Avio Yaken was a firmly aimless mercenary turned diehard loyalist and industrialists thanks to the imminent relationship he shares with Suha Raibuya. While clearly wielding most of the power and influence in shaping 6NJ8-V Into a regional trade hub and bankrolling a majority of the Network’s programs, Avio seems to volunteeringly play a role as a second in command under Suha’s leadership.
Head director of the Venal Prosperity Agency, Utatis Parinen is a disgraced Dread Guristas commander whose last shot at redemption is to act as the Guristas’ own spy and Suha’s potential executioner if the upstart becomes too ambitious. Utatis is a coldblooded and jaded professional with a tendency to indulge in ruthless methods to achieve a desired result. While to the Guristas he’s their man on the inside, to Suha he’s a trusted confidant and someone she relies on to carry out her dirty work.
Mumo Lang is the skittish and docile Executive Officer of the Prosperous Venal Depository. Her past experiences are traced back to Syndicate space acting as a personal accountant in the Intaki Bank for several wealthy Syndicate families. She would later be blacklisted from the bank after a debated incident of her either mishandling her client’s funds due to incompetency and being ousted or intentionally sabotaged her clients out of petty revenge. Either way, out of a job and unable to work for any other bank in New Eden, she lands a job running Suha’s newest institution to help bring economic prosperity to Venal.
[STORIES ARE NOT IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER]
- Starting out in Venal, Avio Yaken tries to start working with the Guristas and clean up their space of Rogue Drone threats. Despite trying to aid the Guristas, there is still alot of distrust given his status as a Capsuleer.
- One of the first stories looking in the Childhood of Suha Raibuya as she begins to pick up her attraction to Caldari Wayism after her own father is killed by Capsuleers while serving the Guristas
- Another look into Suha’s childhood as she meets with frequent Gurista who stops by the colonly to offload and sell nick-knaks and small personal items taken in raids to the colonists
- Trying to peddle her spiritual teaching to other Gurista, she has to deal with the occasional heckler at talks she hosts at her shrine aboard the Logistical station in N5Y
- A Gurista Production miner is fearful about being resigned to a F.O.B in Caldari space and the potential of being killed by Capsuleers or arrested by State forces
- Avio’s family members and previous employers begin questioning Avio’s motivation after he’s developed and extremely close relationship to Suha and worked heavily on boosting the Guristas’ economic capabilities
- Wanting to become a Gurista, Suha applies to join her colonly’s militia force but washs out in record timing. therefore crushing her initial dreams of being a pirate like her father and peers
- A manager for a Spliterz team contacts a skilled drone technician looking for work to create a rogue Drone fighter for future spliterz matches, the drone technician however sees some ethical issues with this.
- Litterally a meme post i did after my alliance Brotherhood of Spacers got done raiding Tenal of people farming Guristas sites.
- A contact of Helmatt’s harriers meets with a Angel Cartel pilot string trouble in Venal and tries to recruit him into Lucash’s branch of the Guristas.
- A greenhorn from the Caldari State is in search of her sister who suddenly betrays the Caldari Navy and defected to the Guristas. Using the Venal Prosperity Network, he meets a Angel Cartel arms dealer to buy a weaponfor self defense and get some information on where to start looking
- After holding a talk at her Shrine, Suha meets a pilot of the Fatal Elite who’s trying to honor a fallen comrade, Suha takes the time to express how much she admires Fatal and sees him as her role-model
- Wanting more information on Ship technology, Suha chews the ear off a factory overseer of Guristas productions about frigate blueprints.
- Two Guristas argue over these strange pop-ups they get while browsing the Prosperity Networks for Augmentations and Drones.
15 “One Name.”
- Detecting something suspicious between Lai Dai and Quafe after the Guristas make off with a bunch of Subcranial nanocontrollers, Suha tries to use her infrastructure to gain more information of whats going on
- Trying to get her spritiual teaching off the ground in her home colony, she faces push back from the Commander of the militia and forms a mob to show him the support she has.
- Guristas love booze, and her colony did more than just make food with all that grain. Suha at her youngest in these stories learns a bit about the production of moonshine.
- Avio and Suha talk about the potential Morphite can bring to the markets of Venal after bringing in a giant whole of Mercxoit
- A Gurista spy is trying to make a run for it after a job and needs to make a pit stop at a shady dock in deadspace. The owner however tries to extort him for large amounts of cash for a small problem knowing he’s a wanted man
- After reciving the dog tags of many deceased gurista, Suha talks about the flaws of Gurista strategy and how those in cahrge may be the real reason so many Gurista are being slaughtered
- a contact of the Venal Prosperity Agency meets with a hip-hop artist living in the Federation to come out to venal to do a concert.
- Trying to plot a raid, a veteran gurista gets into an argument about who is better, Lucash Helmatt or Minimala
- After a shockign effective raid by the Guristas. an Ishukone watch commander is questioned by representatives of PKN interstellar about what happened and where the raiders were hiding
- A cyber attack against the scrip network in Pure Blind has happened while Intara Direct Action launched a raid against a Guristas outpost, the coallteral of this attack ruined an operation Suha was running in State space and has angered her to the point of getting invovled with finding a solution to this cyber attack.
- Take a strole back to YC 94 with the Guristas just starting out as leaders of an established yet obscure pirate gang talk about the damage inflected to them by these upstarts
- Wanting to connect with the youth of the Guristas, Suha purposes an idea for a children show that will prepare children for a life in the Guristas. However Venal isn’t full of holo-reel actors, so she must make do with what she has…
- In disguise, a mercenary under Suha’s employ sneaks aboard a prison transport to liberate captured operative’s of Suha’s failed plans
- Guristas smugglers run into trouble with some Customs officers while trying to offload cargo. Thankfully for them, they’re dirty."
- Noticing a thread in various news reports, Suha Raibuya pieces together a conspiracy surrounding PKN Interstellar and it’s various investors.
- As a way to build reputation as a public figure, Suha Raibuya makes weekly visits to medical centers in Venal to meet with the various Gurista laid out from recent raids or attacks. With this visit particular, she comes across a peer from her childhood.
- Seeing the unrest and destruction int he Caldari State caused by the recent Triglavian Invasions, Suha Raibuya gloats about the influx of new residents that may very well come to Venal to not only get away from the Triglavians, but the government that has failed their trust.
- A Dread Gurista soldier is confronted by a compatriot for his strange and sudden change in dieting and outlook after meeting Suha Raibuya In person.
- Suha meets with a “refugee” mother that was evacuated from her trig occupied planet by Guristas forces in the area assisting with evacuation efforts. Seeing it as Kidnapping, Suha tries to explain that it’s more of a liberation.
- Suha Raibuya returns to her home colony in Venal to meet with the closest thing she’s had as a father figure laying on his death bed from crippling illness. Yet not crippling enough to get him to shed any kindness towards Suha.
- Two Guristas discuss the recent update to the Prosperity Network that allows you to set up a profile and be matched with other users across the region for either short-term or long-term relationships.
- The kidnapped refugees from before doesn’t sit well with people higher up in the Guristas chain of command, more so when it’s discovered the Gurista that did the kidnapping were heavily influenced by Suha. This usurping of the chain of command doesn’t slide under the rug and a very stern - and polite - message is sent Suha’s way.
- Now under pressure from having annoyed people far more powerful than her, Suha retreats into hiding and is confronted with her insecurities and failures of living up to be the person she admires the most, Fatal.
- A user on the Prosperity Network selling bootleg clothing and goods and advertising them as the real thing is tracked down by the Prosperity Agency and confronted in one of his storage units.
- Suha returns back to her homeworld once again to get back in touch with her roots and meet all sorts of familiar faces with her childhood. Despite many giving her praise for her efforts topside, not even the people she respects the most believe she is or ever was cut out to actually be apart of the Guristas.
- The Rogue Drone cultural Exchange office in Callie has been bombed for the second time,This story - While admittedly loosely and kinda shoehorned into the wider Guristas arc - takes a look at the people behind the bombing and their motives for taking this action.
- Avio Yaken discusses his logic and strategy to disrupt trade in the newly formed Pochven region by taking advantage of it’s logistical and industrial hadicaps.
- A Gurista pirate claiming his share of the loot after a successful raid, explains to another pirate his plan to start a business back in Venal selling toys at a markup.
- The Guristas have a contingency plan for everyone, even those that go out of their way to support them. Utatis Parinen, disgraced Dread Guristas is given one last shot at redemption by spying on the growing economic movement in Venal.
- A Gurista looking to start up his own Holo-Theater in Venal sits down with a representative of the Prosperous Venal Depository to secure a loan for his business
- After receiving a sever threat from the Guristas and laying low for several months, Suha returns top-side to resume operations in pushing economic progress in Venal.
- Getting to work right away, Suha Raibuya acts on her newest idea of creating the newest and most stimulating magazine Venal has ever seen! Bad Bunny! Featuring exclusive photos of Suha herself…
- Having knocked over some expensive holdings of artwork across the Caldari State, Guristas pirates meet with their employeer aboard the Rabbit’s Warren and learn about the humble turned pariah artist named Ja’Tier Dele.
- As easy as the Capsuleer market is easy to exploit in Venal, the same applies for the common man. Utatis Parinen is sent to negotiate for the release of some essential medical supplies that were bought up by a local Casino owner to gouge for a profit.
- The Triglavian Invasions have left the Caldari State in a whirlwind of civil unrest with citizens taking up arms to vent their frustrations at the government that has failed them. A perfect opportunity for the Guristas to sell some weapons to the aspiring revolutionary movements springing up.
- A new branch of the new and radical Sedevacatist Amarrian orthodox church church is opening up in a corner of Venal, which earns the attention of Suha and her immediate staff. Along with news of a aspiring Guristas sympathizer in Amarrian territory.
- On his lunch break, Utatis Parinen stops by a local diner aboard the Rabbit’s Warren only to encounter his watchdog that questions If he’s still capable of seeing his job though.
- Annoyed at fences exporting stolen cargo out of Venal and back into Empire Space, Suha Raibuya enters the business for herself and meets with a gurista captain to discuss buying their loot.
- Utatis Parinen drops by the office of Mumo Lang to talk to her about an unhealthy drug habit that is putting her life at risk.