"You could say I see him as a role-model."

------------------------ ------------------------

"Admittedly I have trouble reaching out to people in Venal. I try with utter passion to try and open people’s perspective of our reality so that they can see that they’re not living in a world ran on fate, that the world is our sandbox if we commit to taking control of our lives and making something of ourselves and discovering our true potential. While many Gurista can agree with the notion, many can’t get around the spiritual theme in which I present this perspective…Sometimes however, I’ll come across someone who understands and it reinvigorates me and motivates me to continue, that maybe I’ll break though one day and improve the Gurista mindset in my own way.”

• Suha Raibuya

“You could say I see him as a role-model.”

April 20th YC 122

N5Y-4N VII - Moon 20 - Guristas Logistic Support, Windchime shrine.

“-and that’s all the time we have for today! Thank you to everyone that showed up! Seeing you all here has been wonderful and I hope you all visit again! I’d wish you’d all stay safe, but I know most of you will be finding some trouble to get into very soon. Farewell!”

“Ex-Excuse me, Ms.Raibuya?”

“Ms.Raibuya? No need to be so formal! Call me Suha! What can I help you with? Did you have questions?”

“Well, not exactly. I did want to talk to you, but now that you’ve wrapped up your session for the day I didn’t know if you’d be up for speaking with me…”

“Nonsense! I’d be more than happy to speak with you! Let’s go over here shall we? Find a place to sit down”

“O-Okay! Sure…”

“What’s your name?”

“Kainrich Fujiorth…Most people just call me Kain though.”

“And what is it that you do Kain?”

“Well…I’m a combat pilot for the Fatal Elite.”

“…Really now?”

“You seem…Surprised by that?”

"I think “Impressed” is the word I’d use to describe my reaction. Here, take a seat real quick. Can I get you anything to drink? I have alcohol in stock if you need something to take the edge off and help you relax.

“I’m good, thank you…So, why do you find it impressive?”

“Don’t you find it impressive?”

“Well I mean…Yeah! Sure…I could’ve just stayed apart of the generic core of the Gurista my whole career here. Instead I end up being adopted by one of the more specialized units of the organization…So yeah! I guess I do find it impressive.”

“Must be a great honor to fly in a unit named after one of the greatest men in all of recent history.”

“Maybe in Gurista history. All of recent human history? I dunno…Feels like there’s been bigger figures.”

“Oh come now, we aren’t in Empire space Kain! We don’t have to deny Fatal his rightful prestige and downplay his legacy…The so called “civilized” world demonizes a man like him because they fear someone who has the willpower to take control of their own destiny. I watched enough holo-documentaries about him to know how his history is taught to the masses. They demonize him, call him a monster, a murderer, traitor, terrorist and a tyrant all in an attempt to dissuade others from taking inspiration from his actions!..I like to think I see him for what he truly is - a man fed up with an organization that doubted his greatness and halted his true potential in a attempt to control him - to make just another puppet out of him to push the agenda of some ■■■■■■■ mega-corporation! Instead he breaks off - and with the brilliant help of the Rabbit - he raises an army of his own to rival the same one he departed from and carves out an entire region of this cluster for this army to thrive In…Is he not worthy of being considered one of the greats?”

"I mean when you put it like that, sure…You sure sound like you look up to him.

“You could say I see him as a role-model.”

“A role-model?”

“Yes, not like I had anyone else to look up to growing up. I was raised on a planet in this very system, this is my home. I have people like Fatal and the Rabbit to thank for providing me such a home - a home - that’s far away from the State and Federation’s influence. Where I can live my life free from the control of any government or bureaucracy. I even have people like YOU to thank.”

“What’s there to thank me for?”

“The general piracy that helps fund this entire military force that keeps control of this region, for starters. And now as a member of the Fatal Elite - you’ll be helping even more by bringing in new technology to give us and edge over the Empires. I don’t think you’ve realized it yet, but you’re in a position to make a big difference for the Guristas …Admittedly I envy you.”

“Why’s that?”

“Originally i wanted to sign on with the Guristas like my Father did…Let’s just say I found out I wasn’t cut out for that kind of life and leave it at that…Enough about me though You wanted to talk to me about something?”

“Oh! Right , sorry I…Have these.”

"Dog-tags?’

“They belonged to someone very special to me, a mentor you could call 'em. Not only were they the ones to get me into the Guristas, but the Fatal Elite as well.”

“What happened to them?”

“Capsuleers happened…He died during The Hunt.”

“Oh…”

“Yeah…I’ve seen a lot of people go these past two weeks. Friends, associates and this one person that has made me the pilot I am today…The latter being the one I’m here about today.”

"I see…

“I’ve heard you’ve found ways to pay homage to decreased Gurista…Use dog tags of the fallen and create Windchimes out of them-.”

“-So that what remains of them can be among the Winds and emit a most beautiful sound…I’d be more than happy to take these back to my colony and prepare a windchime for them.”

“I…I appreciate that…I didn’t know what else to do with them. They were given to me because I was the closest thing to a next of kin that old bastard had…”

“I didn’t know what to do with my Father’s tags either… I felt like I needed to do something to honor his service. Didn’t feel right wearing them myself or placing them in storage to collect dust, I wanted something along the lines of a symbolic gesture for him and others that passed.”

“Well I think it’s beautiful.”

“I’m happy you think that…I’ve had a lot of trouble reaching out to people here, but every now and then I’ll meet people like you who I feel understand me.”

“I think I do understand what you speak about. I was taught Wayism back in the State, but it just never sat with me…Just felt like propaganda…I hear your teaching however, admit all starts making sense.”

“I try to be coherent with my points and separate myself from the State’s nationalist teachings… Now, is there anything else I could do for you?”

“No…No, I think that will do. I really appreciate you doing this for me.”

“It’s no issue - here - lemme give you some contact information if you ever want to get in contact with me again.”

“Really? You’d let me contact you like it’s nothing?”

“Of course, I try to be accessible afterall.”

2 Likes