Good afternoon, forum.
I am the founder and current Fleet Commander of the “Can I Bring My Drake” alliance.
I have extensive experience organizing large-scale PvP and PvE operations. Between 2024 and 2026, we fielded fleets over 500 times, conducting both public operations and events for specific groups.
While the majority of these operations were PvP-focused, we also frequently engaged in compelling PvE content.
Over my many years of playing, I have experienced—if not all, then certainly almost all—of the content EVE Online has to offer. I also regularly stream the game, helping to popularize it among the wider gaming community.
I have been playing the game for over 13 years without a break. I have never been banned and am an active player in null-sec space.
I have a team ready to assist with CSM duties and facilitate rapid feedback from the player base.
We want to make the game more engaging and see it evolve. We are ready to work hard and quickly relay community sentiment to help make the gameplay exceptional and the players happier.
We value high-quality PvE content that challenges players while offering substantial rewards; we enjoy it when the game truly tests our mettle.
We value PvP encounters where the outcome is uncertain until the very end—moments that stir up intense emotions—and we would love to help make such battles more frequent.
We have ideas—and, more importantly, concrete proposals—on how to make the gameplay more intense.
We intend to submit proposals regarding “timezone tanking” and advocate for adjustments to the mechanics of sovereignty structures, such as Skyhooks. These two issues are critical, as they are the primary causes of “standoff” deployments that fail to result in actual PvP combat.
Even if my candidacy for CSM 21 isn’t successful, I plan to pass on my ideas and assist in any way possible with their implementation by whichever candidate does get elected. However, I wouldn’t be entirely confident that they had truly grasped the core concept.
After all, the primary goal of the CSM should be to make our gameplay experience more emotionally engaging.
Now, let’s get into the specifics.
Right now, I see issues where a huge amount of potential emotional engagement is lost due to the so-called “timezone tanking” phenomenon.
As someone who has participated in countless battles and frequently encountered these problems firsthand, I know that the cost of this kind of tanking is fleet commander burnout and the demoralization that comes from a lack of actual combat. Add to that the sheer exhaustion and frustration of watching the enemy take action while you’re asleep—even though the timezone is set to yours.
Essentially, there are two problems:
1 PROBLEM - An attack on a claim during the night.
The vulnerability of sovereignty structures—which underpin the entire sovereignty system—outside of the designated “attack window.” In other words, to effectively defend your sovereignty, you literally have to stay awake—all the time. Otherwise, a single multiboxer operating at night can trigger 70–120 timers for the next two days. It costs them nothing, as they attack your sovereignty while you sleep.
Put simply: you play fair within your set timezone, but due to a loophole in the system, your Skyhooks—the very foundation of the whole setup—are vulnerable literally all the time. This is odd, considering the Hub itself is only vulnerable during the re-claim window.
I realize this is a vestige that emerged during the Equinox update. It was likely intended as a weapon against large players, but instead, it has become a loophole for small groups to exploit. After all, when major players with sovereign territory can no longer operate in one or two constellations, they still have several other regions to fall back on, making the war for skyhooks largely futile—unlike for smaller sovereign entities.
A single multiboxer flying 10–12 bombers can completely destabilize a small alliance, effectively bringing their operations to a standstill.
If these changes are implemented, the defending side will gain immense peace of mind and, most likely, a strategic advantage; after all, attacking their territory would then require showing up during the specific re-capture window.
2 PROBLEM Clever tricks for protection that kill the process.
And here, there is a major question regarding the “defensive measures” taken by small and medium-sized entities. This particular method is used very, very often.
You operate in a time zone that aligns with the “attack window” and position yourself on the opponent’s side, making it harder for them to launch an attack. Yeah, it’s a classic case of “time zone tanking.”
You can’t blame people for using these tactics to protect their assets. After all, they work, and they cost almost nothing to implement.
Imagine an alliance that plays during the 11:00–16:00 EVE Time (ET) window attacks you, while you play during the 15:00–20:00 ET window.
You simply shift your citadel and Sovereignty (Sov) timers to 17:00–22:00 ET, and the problem is solved.
That’s just one example; I’m sure you can recall far more ruthless or brazen ways these mechanics have been exploited.
But…
This method, combined with the inherent difficulties attackers face, simply breeds fatigue. PvP in this environment won’t last long. Once the timers are shifted, the attackers lose their window of opportunity; peace and quiet reign in EVE once more—and… people go off to play other games where there is no peace or order.
The attacking side already faces the risk of failure, but this adds strict time constraints on top of that.
I propose—and would like the developers to consider—a different mechanic for setting timers and attack windows.
One proposal I’d like to champion is a “Dynamic System” for reinforcement windows.
If players are actively ratting (farming) in a system, the system automatically and gradually shifts the reinforcement window toward that active time zone.
In other words, if you are actively playing at 16:00 ET, your window will slowly shift to align with 16:00 ET—even if you originally set it for 18:00 or 20:00 ET.
I would also tie the citadel attack windows directly to the reinforcement window—for both the attacking and defending sides. For instance, if the system’s reinforcement window is set to 18:00 ET… An attacking Citadel with a vulnerability window set for, say, 02:00 ET will—over time—slowly shift that window toward that specific time.
I’ve tried to keep this brief. There are many nuances worth discussing, but I think it’s better to save those details for the comments.
If you didn’t feel like reading the whole thing:
I propose that ships in this game should explode because of damage taken, not just because everyone is bored. Tethering up in empty systems where nothing is happening isn’t exactly the best part of this game. As long as people can freely set their defense timers to match their overlord’s time zone—or simply pick a time that’s inconvenient for the enemy—we’re going to die of boredom.
I’m against boredom. Let it be painful, but fun. After all, we’re here for the thrill of it.
Your Arhont Sibirskii. Exclusively for CSM 21. ![]()