Armageddon VS Smaller Ship

It does, and did, but i don’t think that hecate lasted more than 2 seconds against my (seriously beefed up) hobs II, lol. “That was money wasted”, he said in local - so I assume he read something somewhere about how awesome that fit was (and it may well be), but he forgot the situational factor - namely that I saw him coming via Local, on dscan, know my resistances and tank, had pulled my sentries and replaced them with Lights… oh, and I wasn’t on the usual warp-in point :stuck_out_tongue:
Costly loss for him

Even though instead of being “VS this kind of ship in general” but it’s “VS one of these ships that warps to 0 on you”? I thought someone warping to 0 (like the acceleration gate example I gave) would greatly simplify tactics.

OP specified 1v1s against particular hulls. Though I fought some small gangs with a buffer fitted geddon . In 2 of the situations i ended up losing the geddon , but came up ISK positive on the kills and had a great time. In one of them I killed the tackle , a Deimos and was working on a Phantasm which sadly got away because I got jammed by a Blackbird they had on grid.
Depending on the comp you are fighting against , you can calculate if your buffer will last long enough for you to kill them or some of them with your given DPS before you lose the ship.
Most important thing though, is the pilots you are up against . I never took a battleship in a fight against well seasoned pilots, or if I did it was a triple rep Hyperion that no one wanted to fight.

I had some awesome fun with the geddon against small fleets, because I was lucky to be against not so good at PvP pilots and lucky again for them to give me a fight.
But overall I agree that it is not the optimal battleship to have in a 1 vs small gang. I prefer a Hyperion or Rattlesnake over it. Maelstrom and SNI are also good options.

Have you flown a pimped pulse laser Nightmare with a snake set ? You should try that one day, it’s great fun. Phantasm and ONI also if you’re in a cruiser gang with your friends.

Again we were talking about a specific scenario . A scenario for which the Nergal gets in scram range. At that point he’s dead.

Having fun and being ISK positive, sounds like a great time!

1 Like

Sadly those times are gone for me. The cost of a t1 normal battleship hull was about 200 mil ISK and with the old insurance system you were basically mostly paying just for the fit.
These days it seems HACs are affordable…

I really hate the Munnin nerf. Vagabond with it’s falloff bonus still existing (instead of being retooled like the munin… maybe into an all purpose projectile platform instead of one with falloff bonus) and taking away the Munnin’s optimal bonus feels just like an insult, and no I don’t care how many null people complain about the old meta being stale. If they retool both Minnematar HACs, I’d just make a small grumble but the fact that they left the Vagabound untouched but did monkey with the Munin really angers me. In the war in Delve that happened before I joined the game, lots of subcap fights were determined by battleships. In the battle of FWST-8 the biggest (at that time) battle in the game, battleships were heavily used, with 3 different battleship hulls (sadly the Armageddon was not one of them, but what good is neuts in this case?) being used more than all the t2 crusiers combined.

I do want battleships to be good in the game, but why not just make the HP bonus of plates, SE, and bulkheads +200% instead of monkeying with Medium artillery?

They could make battleships quite the bricks and it would make them useful for both long fleet engagements, and these small gang ones. Given the heavy use of battleships in that war, getting them to be a bit more useful in small gang doesn’t seem it needed to completely resign a HAC, but just make tweaks. Sorry for the rant.

What happened now with the Munnin, happened in the past with the Armageddon. It originally was a laser platform with a rate of fire bonus. They were meta in 2011-2012 or so , can’t really recall exactly. Those Armageddon fleets would pump so much DPS with pulse lasers to melt other armor battleships. I really loved the old Armageddon, but I can’t say I dislike the new one, it is very potent at what it does. It felt odd for me at the time when they diversified amarrian hulls for missiles and drones, personally I’m all for lasers.

Large fleets are really not my cup of tea, but I do enjoy them every now and then, if the fight does not happen in grusome tidi. Bonus points if it’s a Baltec fleet :slight_smile: .

I agree that Vagabond needs to be looked upon (though there’s a risk of opening Pandora’s Box again - I would certainly not want a Vagabond iteration similar to what it was around in the nano Vagabond era) now that they redefined the Munnin and I also think Zealot too.

It kind of makes sense in the modern era, having an Ammar neut drone boat battleship. I’d kind of be odd for them to have Pilgrim bonused to neuts, but not have a battleship bonused towards them.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.