Arrests of Mikramurka Defense Officials

I sincerely doubt that I have enough influence within my Tribe to be able to affect the decisions of the courts by my mere posting.

I would argue against that pretty strongly, although as I’m sure you can guess what I’d say I will spare you that for now.

I would hope whoever ends up managing the trial that outside observers would be a necessity.

1 Like

You don’t need to influence courts, just public opinion. Like it or not, whether I like it or not, your words do have weight.

I will ask.

What truth would the Sebiestor have a vested interest of suppressing, here?

This was indeed a planetary attack, but it was not a random one. It was a targeted one, and it was targeted against my tribe, against Mikramurka, against Sundsele. And, given what lead to it, yes, possibly against Rhiannon, in an attempt to get to me.

I am not universally loved in Sundsele, no. There are those who see me as too radical, too non-trad. But I assure you, there aren’t tribal people in that region who would allow an attack their own tribal lands just to get a revenge in for me.

Maybe you are correct and it is the ‘Sundsele Six’ arrested because they know something. But if that is the case, it is not the Sebiestor Tribe they could damn with the knowledge.

2 Likes

As always with the limited information avaiable, I was and still am speculating, that for example certain Sebiestor sold out the ancestral home of the Minmatar people. Despite how both of you are trying to spin it, it was an attack against ALL Minmatar. Sebiestor suffered for it the most - no one is denying that. But this is not just about the Sebiestor.

It kind of is though.

The Sebiestor were attacked, the Sebiestor were investigated, the Sebiestor were arrested. Someone has got it out for us.

2 Likes

Maybe next time certain someone shouldn’t ask lunatics to “bring it.”

2 Likes
  • “Sundsele Six” Handed Back to Sebiestor Tribe as Jurisdiction in Case Affirmed by Tribal Council

Wonderful news!

1 Like

The media blackout over this is maddening. But I assume then, this is an internal matter, if that is what they decided.

1 Like

For the love of gods.

Yes, on a hindsight, I ■■■■■■ up that one. I had much higher confidence in our planetary defenses than I should have had. I also did not account for the fact that they might have had inside help - which, I am afraid, I suspect they did. Nothing else explains the ■■■■ up of this scale even remotely as well.

Maybe someone figured allowing a small-scale attack targeted at my clan could be used put pressure on me? “Play nice if you want your clan protected”? Gods and spirits, the Gultratren Conspiracy is dead and buried and few even remember, but not like there is any reason anyone should take my word for that without… guarantees, and there’s only so many ways to control a capsuleer. (As has been now proven several times, I can be detained, yes, but in the end only because I agree to it. Maybe next time I’ll just throw the backup switch and save my lawyer the trouble?)

And no, I don’t believe anyone of the tribes would go for this kind of devastation on purpose, but maybe that minor plan backfired and it blew up way, way bigger than they expected, and now there is a cover-up going on?

If that suspicion is true, though, I doubt it was Seb work. No one local hates me enough to do that to Rhiannon, who they know I am somewhat estranged from to begin with. Much, much more likely the tribesmen and -women arrested know something of what went on in Mikramurka defense that they, in someone’s opinion, should not.

I doubt we’ll hear the truth about it, though. There is likely an arrangement to hush it up. We get our people, but they keep their mouths shut. It gets covered, move on, nothing to see here.

And fine by me. We cannot afford a civil war.

“Whatever it takes, never again another Long Night.”

I remain
Elsebeth Shaninn, of Rhiannon, born Rhiannon
XO, Unitas Nusquam Est

2 Likes

It s funny how every one crying wolf here is a Sebiestor with remarkably little support from any other tribe. It is almost as if they resent the the loss of their political dominance over the tribes and their deeply corrupt government, and can’t stand to see a Tribal Republic that shares power between the 7 Tribes.

It is thanks to Sanmatar that we finally have a government that is truly representative of our Tribal Heritage. It is thanks to the Sanmatar that we live in a time were the 7 Tribes are even united!

You lament that fact that the Elder Fleet was able to save literally Millions of our people, bring back the Starmanir and show the Cluster that we, The People of Matar have strength? How can you call yourself Matari?

In regards to the arrests, the attack that sparked them is a tragedy that needs to be avoided in the future. Action needed to be taken, and it was done, yet you condemn those actions simply because they are ‘inconvenient’ for your tribe? The Sebiestor have a long and now detailed history of corruption. Is it any surprise that same corruption extends into their internal affairs?

This entire thread is ridiculous.

2 Likes

You talk like an Amarr. The slanders of the kin-takers and kin-slayers are not the “history” of our people.

You reason like an Amarr. There is more to the Tribal Republic than “laws”, for there is also tradition.

Given the company you keep, perhaps it’s not so surprising that you speak and think like an Amarr.

Your hysterical conspiracy theories are nonsense and propaganda that serve only the foes of the Seven Tribes. You have witnessed nothing more or less than the due process of Tribal law and tradition. Yet you have complained and screeched your slanders at every step.

Tribal sovereignty has been upheld. This is our way. I could not say what your way is. It is alien to me.

Those who work to ensure the security of Matar, and all our worlds, are certain that the old ways will see justice done in this matter.

Kril Efrit,
Matar Planetary Security

3 Likes

Excuse me but what?

3 Likes

You haters can accuse Kala of many things but, being an Amarrian dupe or anti-Minmatar is so far out of bounds that I find it extremely offensive.

I’ve known Kala for years and while I may disagree with some of her career choices with regards to whom she has chosen to associate with, I have never doubted her devotion to our people and her work on behalf of the Republic.

Perhaps the fact that a government official has chosen to come in here with a bunch of ad hominem attacks against a Republic citizen should raise red flags to others as well.

Pilot Aloga I think that perhaps your allegiance to your tribal leaders has blinded you to the numerous egregious acts they’ve undertaken (at Sebiestor expense in many cases) in the past.

3 Likes

I fully recognize that some actions taken were indeed extreme. The transition of power between the parliamentarian republic and our current tribal system can rightly be called a Coup. I do not deny this.

That said, the actions taken by the Sanmatar and the Republic Security forces, while extreme, where needed and for the good of the entire Republic. Yes, some where at the expense of the Sebiestor, but any revolution, peaceful or otherwise leads to actions taken at the expense of the the previously ruling party.

1 Like

Interesting, considering:

Mmmh, not quite. I aided Imperial forces in the orbit of Kahah, specifically in the conflict with Ushra’Khan. I had nothing to do with either the Khanid or the pacification of Kahah.
-Kalaratiri

I suppose her devotion to our people is only to the freemen and freewomen, then. While she deflects it with “I didn’t actively shell civilians”, she helped forces protecting those acts. By her own words.

4 Likes

It is good to see the Tribal Council showing more respect to Tribal jurisdiction now than they did after certain other incidents. Cooler heads may yet prevail.

3 Likes

As someone liberated by that fleet, I remain thankful that there were those willing to make the hard call to attack. I’ve heard a lot about the coup, where many politicians were killed. I’ve said before that if those deaths were the price of liberating my Tribe, then I could live with it.

Regardless of the timing, I believe that the coup was a necessary step towards a Tribal Republic with all Seven Tribes united together. The Sanmatar has proven to be a good leader for all our people. I know my Tribe remains thankful for his assistance after our liberation.

3 Likes

Think well about what you’ve just said. A coup was necessary to unite the Tribes? Really? If that is the case, then who is to blame? Not the Starkmanir, obviously. Nor the Nefantar, who were kept in the dark by their own leaders. So who was it that refused to work within the system? Who refused to be united with the Sebiestor, Brutor, Krusual, and Vherokior? Who weakened the Republic both with their separation, and by theft, as they embezzled funds from it?

And who was their loyal agent, organizing an attack on our own government and then conveniently obliterating any chance of getting to the truth?

Is that what you call a ‘good leader’?

3 Likes

This right here should be enough. For all our talk about “We come for our people” when some one actually does it, it’s suddenly a bad thing?

The Coup was necessary because it broke the system that kept the Tribes weak. Corruption festered and rotted our institutions, and the political framework barred any form of true cooperation between the tribes. You keep looking for some one to blame, and it makes sense given that it was the Sebiestor who had the most to lose in any change in the status quo.

3 Likes

And once again: Don’t even try that card. Shakor and the Thukkers didn’t launch the Elder Fleets when they did because they were ready. They launched them because the Sisters of EVE let the cat out of the bag about the Starkmanir. So they were obviously content to let the Starkmanir languish while they stole money from the Republic to spend on secrecy. That money could have built the same ships within the Fleet, and still had funds left over to do things like, I don’t know, build more, or provide more aid to refugees, because it wouldn’t have needed to be spent on not letting people find out they stole it.

Let me be clear: I prefer the current system. The current system could have been put in place without the coup. Midular dissolved Parliament. Midular called for a new election and invited Shakor back. All of that would have happened just fine without thousands of civil servants being murdered.

Who do I blame for the coup? The people who staged it. Just like I blame the Amarr for our people being attacked and enslaved. Or are you going to tell me that was all the fault of the people who were attacked, too?

3 Likes