Arrests of Mikramurka Defense Officials

It would appear that newly appointed Planetary Security Co-Ordinator for Matar, Allek Berialsh, has decided to start off his new career with a thinly veiled assault on his old Tribe.

Confusion and Disputes Arise Over Arrests of Mikramurka Defense Officials by Matar Planetary Security

I have some thoughts about this ridiculous abuse of power, but first, I want to set some things out clearly for you, dear readers. A timeline of sorts is starting to become quite apparent.

1. YC110, Maleatu Shakor, with help from the Elder Fleet and Thukker Tribe, enact vicious purges against members of Parliament believed to have been in the pockets of the Amarr. Prime Minister Karin Midular is spared, but effectively removed from power as Shakor becomes the “Sanmatar” and the Parliament is replaced by the Tribal Council.

2. YC115, Karin Midular is among those injured by the “lone-gunman” Broteau. She is rushed to a medical facility in the Federation, where her condition is reported as stabilizing. Sanmatar Shakor demands her return to the Republic, as well as immediate extradition of the shooter. The Federation initially refuses to hand over the shooter, but does return Midular. She dies almost immediately on return to the Republic. After military action against the Federation, and the Fed performing its own sentencing of Broteau, the shooter is handed over to the Republic and very quickly executed.

Here we see a period of relative quiet, as Shakor entrenches himself as Sanmatar and settles in the Chiefs to the Tribal council.

1. In YC121 A Thukker mercenary company, (known for their particularly brutal planetary raids and suspected connections to extremely wanted criminals), somehow captures a wanted war criminal with strongly suspected ties to Blood Raider activity. This man remains in Thukker possession for 15 days, before being handed over to the Amarrian highest bidders.

2. The Krusual reactivate the Tronhadar Fortresses mere hours before Matar, and more specifically Mikramurka is brutally attacked by the Blood Raider Covenant.

3. These Blood Raiders staged themselves from within the Evannater constellation, a collection of systems containing multiple Trust Partners stations.

4. One week later, Sanmatar Maleatu Shakor is awarded Emergency Powers in a measure proposed by Krusual Chief Tenerhaddi Dykon and supported by, among others, the Thukker and Starkmanir Tribes. These powers allow Shakor complete co-ordination and command of all Minmatar Republic defense, security and public order agencies. His first act with these powers is to appoint Allek Berialsh, a Starkmanir by way of Sebiestor and previously the aide of Karin Midular during both her tenure as Prime Minister and the attack that would see her grievously injured.

5. At this point I first raise my suspicions about the Krusual Tribe’s reactivation of their fortresses, and possible advance knowledge of the attack. The Krusual condemn my concerns as “vile slanders”.

6. It is revealed that during the Blood Raider attacks on Mikramurka, the Krusual Tronhadar Free Guard were actively deployed to the continent for supposed “cold weather training”.1 The Krusual continue to reject my questioning, describing it as “insulting conspiracy theories”2.
    As this news breaks, Berialsh completes his initial inspection of Matar’s orbital defence systems amid increasing disquiet from Sebiestor Elders that a man who chose to leave the Tribe would be appointed their “protector”.

7. Today, Berialsh, now a Starkmanir and as such a clear ally of both Shakor and the Thukker Tribe, proceeds to arrest Sebiestor defense officials.

Can you see where this tangled web is leading? I do not have all the peices I’m sure, but there is enough there to see a definite pattern of behaviour going back over a decade. Certainly the Thukker, the Krusual, and possibly the Starkmanir, have been waging a campaign of subterfuge and assassination against the historically dominant Sebiestor, all in an attempt to see us weakened and subdued while their own influence waxes strong.

Now, back to Berialsh. To have acted so blatantly, and so quickly, against the Sebiestor Tribe officials in charge of defending the Sebiestor-majority continent of Mikramurka can only be reminiscent of Shakor's own purges of Parliament. I can only pray to the spirits that they do not continue further. Do not be taken in, brothers and sisters, by the lies of the Krusual and their Thukker allies. Do not be taken in by their puppet, Shakor. A reckoning is coming, and we must weather it well.

Kalaratiri Saskia.

Sebiestor.

1 What were the Krusual doing on Mikramurka during the Blood Raider attack? Why have they reactivated their fortresses, and why won’t they tell us if it’s simply a measure against the Triglavians?

2 You’ve seen nothing yet.

10 Likes

Do you even listen to yourself, you crazy bitch?

2 Likes

Don’t hate me because I tell the truth.

4 Likes

#1 rule I have is to not blindly believe people who say they’re telling the truth.

Okay maybe not #1 but like, at least #5.

Using attacks on Mikramurka to make a move on the tribe.

I suppose after the Purge and after Colelie nothing should surprise me anymore.

Why do I keep on expecting honor from this band of thieves?

4 Likes

This seems completely reasonable.

I look forward to a disproportionately angry response that doesn’t address anything, and only attempts to discredit the author.

6 Likes

No it does not. But I suppose who cooks up the wildest, craziest accusations first wins the populist vote these days.

You’d think you’d actually address the points instead of just calling Kala a ‘crazy bitch’ then.

The most relevant ones I already did, in her previous crazy thread.

There’s nothing crazy about it.

A mere month ago, we warned everyone what would happen if so much power–in this case, power over Matar’s security defenses–was given to one man. Not only that, but specifically Allek Berialsh, who has already been seen to abandon one tribe in favor of another.

We requested a full and formal inquiry into the failure of defenses over Mikramurka during the Blood Raider attack. And while the Tribal Council will claim that these arrests are the product of such an inquiry, they do not fulfill the formal part of our request, which would have begun with an open and transparent discovery of evidence–not with a sudden and unexplained flurry of eye-catching arrests.

If these arrests are honestly connected to any investigation of the Blood Raider attack, then Berialsh and his Planetary Security bureau will release full details of their findings against these officials and their reasoning behind the arrests. Until then, I cannot hold any confidence in this sham appointment, and I certainly hope the Tribal Council will not fault me for taking my own actions to keep my clan and Tribe safe should the need arise.

4 Likes

Odd. I read “We applaud the appointment of Allek Berialsh”, not a warning in sight.
So, now, it’s all wrong, because maybe, just maybe an investigation has found up evidence that there were corrupt Sebiestor officials maybe in place that turned off defence batteries and satellites?
I mean, if we’re just shooting ■■■■ here, why not consider the possibility of that. I’m all up for the “■■■■ Shakor and his disgraceful rise to power”, but none of these accusations thrown around so far have a leg to stand on.

But I guess, it’s then better to deflect as hard as possible, blame everyone else first, if that really was the case.

I hope so, yes.

I agree with everything you’ve said, but you’ve drawn your battle lines wrong.

The Krusual are not enemies to the Sebiestor. Is there old animosity between us? Yes, there is, and it would be misleading to ignore that. Does that animosity have anything to do with the pantomime unfolding now? No, it doesn’t. In fact, we Krusual have as much reason to be suspicious and leery of Shakor as you do.

How much power do we really wield in the Tribal Council right now? Not much. We don’t even hold much sway in the public imagination. Really we’re just the boogeymen of the Republic, these days.

I notice you barely mention the Brutor. Obviously they support their figurehead, Sanmatar Shakor. And you saw how heavily they came down on the idea of a mud-wrestling match that involved a Sebiestor and a Vherokior–nothing to do with them. Just being opportunistic.

If there’s to be a divide, then don’t you think we’re better off on the same side? There’s no need to alienate us when we’re better off collaborating. The Brutor and Thukker have already aligned themselves together, opposite the Sebiestor. Now’s a good time for more allies, I’d suggest.

1 Like

In this I consider the Brutor to be, at best, willing dupes. Their pride in the Sanmatar blinds them to his faults.

I’m afraid your Tribe are firmly on the side of the Thukker and Shakor in this. The Krusual Chief himself proposed the powers that enabled Shakor to appoint Berialsh.

This, I agree with.

2 Likes

Keep reading, sweetie:

We applaud the appointment of Khumatar Allek Berialsh as Matar’s Planetary Security Co-Ordinator. Having a dedicated point of contact for security matters is a sensible start in the right direction. We anticipate receiving further details on how the Khumatar’s department will be organized to liaise with the different tribes and their component clans, many of which have different customs, structures, and established security systems that will be difficult to coordinate under one common policy.

And from the amicus brief:

In light of the appointment of Khumatar Allek Berialsh to the position of Planetary Security Co-Ordinator of Matar, we echo the concerns expressed by the clans of Mikramurka listed on the Petition for Inquiry, as regards the need for comprehensive but specialized security policies across the many regions of Matar.

Shorai and I used pretty words because we were asked to be diplomatic. Don’t mistake our ‘applause’ for approval when we’re clearly stating that we have reservations about the appointment.

#3 rule is to not cherry-pick quotes to support your argument, or at least to keep reading before saying ‘Aha! I got her!’

We’re talking about government here. All we’re ever really going to have is conjecture, because they control all of the moving parts. But Kalaratiri has pointed out similarities in this government’s modus operandi, and it’s beyond fair to expect that they’re pulling the same trick again.

After all, pretending to be something they’re not is the only way that any Republic government has ever survived.

3 Likes

I… really don’t like this. I don’t see a tangled web. I see a bunch of coincidences strung together. However, ya this is something I don’t see a reason for. There has to be a reason for this, an actual reason. There better be a reason. I don’t know what to say… Wow.

3 Likes

Every additional coincidence becomes a lot less coincidental.

1 Like

Oh, absolutely. I just don’t think these coincidences exactly connect smoothly. Honestly it’s alot of hoops to jump to reach that conclusion, at least in my eyes. Does it show a trend? Yes, though I don’t see consolidation of power as necessarily a bad thing. It can be, ya, but splintered our forces are nothing, together we are a force to be reckoned with.

With regards to the most recent events… There better be a reason…

Can we please wait until we know what is actually going on before anyone starts making accusations? All we have is one line in a Scope article that there were some arrests. Who and for what reason we do not know.

I am also incensed at the undertone of denigration to my Tribesman. He’s Starkmanir, of course he’s going to come back to us when he finds out he actually has kin. There’s so little of us left, we want all our lost kin we can get. I never thought I would see the Sebiestor Tribe complain that they lost a member.

2 Likes

Huh?

Did I not say there has to be a reason my tribesman were detained? I think it’s fair to expect a valid reason.

I was posting that to the thread in general, not you specifically, Miss Vess.