Arrests of Mikramurka Defense Officials

Ahh, my bad.

Consolidation of power is a bad thing.

Coordination of power, the ability to work in concert, thatā€™s a good thing. Taking the power to make change and govern on behalf of our people out of the hands of the Tribes and securing it in one personā€”while giving that one person the authority to hold onto that power until he feels ā€˜conditions are rightā€™ to set it aside?

Thatā€™s bad. Thatā€™s fox guarding the henhouse bad.

1 Like

I actually do agree with you, my only problem is, do you view that as a possibility? Admittedly I wish for that, I really do. I just donā€™t necessarily feel itā€™s a certain outcome, ya know? We are still fractured, even if our goals are alignedā€¦

Says the woman living in the benevolent dictatorship of Goonswarm.

I havenā€™t seen any inclination that the Sanmatar is doing anything other than acting in the best interest of the Tribes. All the Tribes. All seven of us.

We say things like ā€˜never againā€™ and it happened again. Someone came to Matar and enslaved Matari. We need deeds, not words.

Do I view which as a possibility? Cooperation between the Tribes? Yes, with work. A Demagogue seizing power in a violent coup with the assistance of two tribes heā€™s known to have had ties to for over a decade, and the support of a third composed mostly of political newcomers who are extremely grateful to him and his allies for engineering their rescue? Yeah. Yeah, I see that happening really easily.

Because murdering thousands of politicians and civil servants without allowing any due process is in the best interests of all of the Tribes, right?

As for Goonswarmā€¦ I can stop being a Goon. Whatā€™s more, I, me, personally, can hold Mittens to account if I think heā€™s screwing up or not acting in the lineā€™s best interests. Any member can. You just better be right.

4 Likes

We do need deeds, not words. We need a military that can crush those who threaten OUR Republic. You view every other civilization in the cluster, they are harmonized, they are one. How can we stand to our foes without that?

2 Likes

I hope your right. really I wish that to be true but I donā€™t wish for our Republic to see another Day of Darkness. We need to be unified, we need to be ready.

No theyā€™re not. Look at the Empire. See the tensions between the Sarum/Ardishapur bloc and the Khanid/Tash-Murkon alliance. The State is still dealing with issues from U-Nats and Provists. Federal infighting is literally listed as a growth sector in their quarterly economic reports.

You look at them each and see harmony. Look past the surface. Look past the PR.

Not holding our leaders accountable will cause another Day of Darkness. Only this time, the ones wielding the chains and collars will be Minmatar. Power-hungry despots are no less authoritarian for being kin.

3 Likes

I cannot believe what I just read. Arrendis, I have always respected you, but that went across the line to insanity.

The Sanmatar has done so much to liberate Minmatar from the Empire, and youā€™re accusing him of wanting to enslave us?

Did I? Or did I merely warn against the dangers of trusting any leader with too much power?

I got asked if I thought that scenario was possible. Is it? Yes. Yes, it most certainly is. I havenā€™t said I think thatā€™s whatā€™s happening now. I havenā€™t said itā€™s not. Iā€™ve merely said ā€˜itā€™s possibleā€™, and then warned of what else is possible.

Donā€™t read things into what people say.

Those are all strengths we hold over them. We can survive if we are one. It isnā€™t a perfect situation but it is one we must bare. We cannot let ourselves be caught up in their weaknesses as they dive into. We NEED to persevere.

I donā€™t believe she went across the line, please let her speak. We must listen or our greatest strength, our experiences are wasted. We will never be safe if we canā€™t communicate.

And yet, itā€™s only through vigilance and holding our leaders to account that we avoiding falling into exactly the same trap theyā€™re all in now. Root the corruption out, as fast as possible, as often as possible. To do otherwise is weakness. And we let ourselves be weak after the coup. We didnā€™t demand answers right away. We didnā€™t hold to account the people who murdered civil servants on the basis of ā€˜evidenceā€™ they only produced after the fact.

1 Like

When I read:

I take it at face value. Dance around it if you want, but thatā€™s just fear-mongering. Youā€™re very good at dancing in and out of positions and slippery as a travel 'ceptor, but invoking the image of Matari enslaving other Matari, in any context is demagoguery.

No, it is warning. Donā€™t think for a moment we canā€™t be like that. Donā€™t think for a moment that we canā€™t be just like the Ammatar. They are us, with decisions made early with maybe the best of intentionsā€¦ but nothing stays pure. Nothing is immune to decay. Only vigilance wards against it.

1 Like

I did read the whole thing, yes. Iā€™m literally not seeing how any of that is a warning about consolidation of power, even veiled. Apparently Iā€™d needed to have quote the whole damn thing to not be accused of cherry picking but I suppose itā€™s too much to expect some benefit of a doubt that yes, I did read the whole thing.
You know, since I encouraged my clan to get involved in the matter as well and all, since I thought you were the sensible one, but Iā€™m beginning to think I was mistaken.

Because it is a bunch of coincidences strung together. I wonder if I had the time to scrounge local news and public logs of training deployments, what kind of utterly nonsensical crap I could machine out of this about some incredible Sebiestor conspiracy trying to extinct Mikramurka Alpacas.

I did throw around an idea for a reason for the arrests, it was that maybe there were blood raider collaborators in Sundsele, in the Sebiestor Tribe itself. Itā€™s not like the Sebiestors are any more incorruptible than the rest of us.

No, weā€™re not. And we should be held to account as well. Hopefully, thatā€™s what this is. But that canā€™t be assumed, either.

Then maybe we can wait until we see what is actually happening. If something untoward is happening, then we can act. But right now, this all started from an ex-(maybe)-Angelā€™s wild conspiracy theory.

1 Like

This particular discussion? Yes. The need to be critical and skeptical of our leaders? No.

I fully agree, letā€™s see what reasons are put forward, I will say however I am confused what they could be.