Arsia Elkin for CSM 16!

Ever tough about T2 Battle-cruisers that are actually meant for combat (not the command ships)?

The combat oriented command ships are pretty tough, but yes, I’ve generally thought of ideas for another higher tech battlecruiser class (as battlecruisers are my favorite ship size).

My casual thoughts about higher tech BCs were mostly for fun, though. The ideas I’ve got are not polished enough for me to recommend as serious.

What a complete waste of space said absolutely nothing of value… and clearly has no understanding of FW… frontline mechanic would only empty out low sec more… and restrict activity to few systems…if u want to fix low sec move the abyssal sites into low sec only. Allow folks to do FW as an individual not tied to Corp or alliances. U can join a FW Corp or alliance if u want but not a requirement. If u want farmers gone reduce gate activity to 10km like before and 30km within beacon u can’t warp out unless in a pod so u either stay and fight for LP or F off

Hello Arsia, I’m very excited you’re running. You have my vote, and further I have added you to my List of Endorsements. Best of luck to you.

For the record, I also really hate autocorrect.

3 Likes

Thank you, dear Sir, for your kind attention. :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

Advantages of a FW Frontline system:

1. It’s way more obvious where the high activity systems are going to be.
  2. Because there are less systems available to plex, there is more chance that a Plex farmer will be run out by a pvper. (This is an anti-farmer change)
  3. It just makes sense in terms of what people’s traditional perspective of what a territorial warzone should look like.

Disadvantages:

1. You can’t just go Plex any system you feel like anymore, you must fight on the Frontline until the system you want becomes Frontline.
  2. A Frontline system does not adapt to activity in the area. Right now, the pvpers and farmers are way too spread out, so any concentration mechanic is going to be good for any pvper, including solo pvpers. Solo pvpers sometimes have to wait hours for a good fight to come along. But imagine a FW with 2000 participants, a Frontline system may restrict people to just a few systems. This could lead to a total blob-fest. But we are nowhere close to that.

So I admit that it has advantages and disadvantages and will not appeal to absolutely everyone, but I feel it would be a much better place than we are now.

1 Like

I agree, Kiith. And for the quoted point, I’d want a frontline system that expands the allowed areas as activity expands.

It still won’t appeal to everyone, but I think if designed properly it could get around the second problem .

There is already a pseudo frontline system… most of the active fights take place in a few systems… maybe u folks actually FW u would know…

Yes I agree. I would want a system that adapts to activity as well.

At this point I’m just spitballing and I invite feedback, but a way to expand the ‘frontline’ during a time of high activity is to let Plex capture happen in not only the systems immediately adjacent, but those systems two jumps away as well. And as for the metric that should be monitored to determine if activity is ‘high’ or not, I would say it should be a three day running average of total distruction, meaning the total estimated value of all killmails in the Frontline systems minus the value dropped. Too many other statistics are easy to ‘game’, like kills over 24h, jumps, players in system, etc.

1 Like

Seriously? What is your problem???

You and I PvP in lowsec just about the same amount. Reign in your ego, and learn how to actually add value to a conversation.

1 Like

My problem is u don’t really understand how basic FW mechanics work… we all know frontline would just fail because all the activity would be limited to few pockets like right now wouldn’t fix anything. Farmers are an easy fix move gate activation back to 10km and have rats scramble inside or something or sort. Let folks do FW without Corp or alliances and move abyssal into low sec and able to be probed too profitable for high sec. and I don’t think 382 solo kills is the same as almost 1600… wait until u fly solo for a while then u really get it.

The goal of fix is simple get more people into FW and low sec and force them to fight more.

Your, now three, personal attacks are evidence that this will fall on deaf ears but I guess I’ll speak to your points for the benefit of others.

What Nightfox is talking about has already been considered and thrown out by CCP. They actually proposed that they could change the rats to web and scram. They even said that they could do tricky things shuch as multiple acceleration gates or generate a radius under which you would always be pointed.

The reasons we presented in the FW discord can be summarized as follows.

1. No rats that web. The general idea is that a fight in a FW Plex should be as ‘even’ as possible, giving as little upper hand to one player over the other. If it wasn’t, this would lead to a state where a 2v1 or greater is always necessary. That’s not a state we wanted FW to be in. A web applied by a rat would mean that the rat would decide which player had range control in the Plex. Even Nightfox should be aware of how important that is for solo matchups.

2. No rats that point. Right now, if a ship sees someone about to enter the Plex and that player views it as a bad matchup (rifter v garmur for example), then that player will flee. Players have a choice: do I gamble with the matchup or do I flee and lose the content of the fight? The trick for solo pvpers is to present a ship that is a favorable matchup, this encourages shipping down for your enemy, therefore making FW more newbro friendly. If for example I was in a rifter and I saw a garmur, I would run, but I may also decide to upship and take the fight on more even terms. The great thing about this is that this extends to large fleet engagements as well.

3. No magic point radius. This is an easy one. The farmer meta would simply shift to long-range setups that sit at the edge of the capture radius. It would also negatively affect the PvP meta, as kite, long-range, and even shield brawler setups would have a strong advantage if they were already inside the Plex.

1 Like

Actually this is completely untrue. We had 10km activation gate before no issues only folks who didn’t know how to d scan got camped. Rats that scramble (no one is talking about web so learn to read and stop moving goalposts) are completely fair game since u can kill the rats ez also u are say well let’s just hand them 20 mil per 10 min isk with no risk. Finally, again the frontline system u proposed would not fix anything since activity would be redirected to those pocket and dry out the rest of low sec. it’s not a personal attack to say u have no idea how FW mechanics work and 382 solo kills is pretty small compared to almost 1600… ur proposal would not bring an ounce of new traffic to low sec

You clearly have a farmer’s mentality encouraging the lack of content saying “ I need risk free environment to make 100 mil isk per hour and only fight when I want to…”

Looking at your killboard all I see is you killing T1 crap with pirate cruisers and frigates you must like it pretty risk free also sitting at 30km away with your abyssal scram Orthrus.

1 Like

? Are u mad? I kill whomever and whatever. This is a debate about what I kill?

Your the one who started the killboard Epeen waving.
Anyway I’ve got double your kills so only my opinion matters now.

Actually he started saying he has the same amount of kills. Not me second if u really wanna compare kills u only have 957 solo and u blob , most importantly ur total points are lower than me so you are ranked lower than me… so no your opinion don’t count

Vote Arsia for FW and low sec ideas :bulb: that GUARANTEE bigger killboard Epeens for ALL

1 Like

Please there is not one anti farm tactic here to encourage fighting.

Timer should go back to zero if u warp out or stray from beacon. At least agree on that.

I was actually a big fan of that for some time, but I relented to the majority favor of dual Plex timers.

The advantage of a Plex timer reset would be that it gave a severe penalty for running away. All of your work would be undone. The disadvantage is that for system sieges, there would be no ability for a smaller group to make progress against a larger. Surely, a larger group could respond by reshipping in 10 mins or less. This lack of progress for the smaller group could lead them to quickly rolling over instead of staying to fight and use gurilla warfare tactics.

With dual Plex timers, each faction needs to have control of the Plex for the maximum time. This let’s you essentially ignore the progress that an opposing faction’s farmers have made towards the Plex. Farmers would only be able to affect system capture in a timezone where they wouldn’t be run off. With dual Plex timers, a smaller group could still make progress towards a capture, even if they have to flee for a few minutes to avoid the larger fleet.