Asset Safetry

Having cheaper tags is not really fixing the possible problem of players no longer wanted to gank as much in high sec due to the difficulty of needing a player station for safety.

I just foresee a decline in high sec ganking due to the asset safety changes coming.

How would the upcoming changes reduce ganking?

I feel these changes will greatly reduce the amount of stations that are spread out across the High Sec Empire space.

At the start there will be a higher than normal investment requirement for pilots to ensure their supply chain is rock solid.

This could mean growth in member numbers for the well established Corps.

But what does that have to do with ganking?

There was more ganking before Upwell structures and asset safety even existed in the game.

Time investment for pilots with security status -5.0
/
Pilots who can’t jump gate system to system require a player structure that they can trust.

Why is the time to gank going to change just because asset safety disappears, if a structure is in an abandoned state?

It’s not like all asset safety is going. It’s not like NPC stations are going. It’s not like gankers don’t already use neutral alts to move assets around.

There is something missing you haven’t really outlined well yet as to why this change is going to reduce ganking.

Who can’t do this?

1 Like

Pilots who are not in large corps.

/

I am finding it difficult to bring to words though the image is there as I felt this thorn on my brain right now. It will come out, I will re phase in my next reply.

Pilots who aren’t in large corps can’t use gates? and they need a player structure they can trust?

Even if the first part were true (it isn’t), then why can’t they trust player structures that they already trust, or like has always been done, use NPC stations?

1 Like

mr frostpacker is a respectable member of new eden society , he just loose his words wen he forgot to take his spiced wine + xanax

2 Likes

Please ignore this thread reply I was mistaken about Concord and Faction Police

• This issue is for pilots with security status lower than 0.5 space
    (concord-- wrong Faction Police will attack a pilot with -0.49 inside 0.5)

• This issue is for pilots who are not a part of a larger corporation, and who are inside npc corps to do their ganking.
    (Unless that pilot is well known to corps who own structures in systems where that single pilot frequents.)

• Currently there are ways to kick out pilots assets from player structures via changing Corp status from friendly fire which will place that person assets into safety.
    (I know this as it happened to me the other day)

• The are other ways a Corp can do via changing docking access etc but not need to go into that here.

The issue I see is that if Asset safety does go away, will cause the players who don’t hold some form of in game agreement, trust with various station owners then either their current method of storing ships to gank will require changing. Now if Asset safety doesn’t change and then really is a non issue to my point I am trying to bring across.

In closing, the solo Ganker will require some form of investment either repairing their security status as the stated about soldier tags being cheaper currently. Or needing to setup their own POS and maintain their supply of ships if things go the way of Players pulling down their stations for the Holidays forsay…

Message is clear I hope o/

No, CONCORD attacks players carrying a criminal flag, and in the Sanctum constellation, CONCORD is also the faction police.

Outlaws are only attacked by NPCs once their security status is below -2 (in 1.0 systems).

A player needs to reach -5.0 before faction police will engage them in 0.5 sec status systems and faction police do not hamper ganking.

-0.49 doesn’t make anyone any more at risk in highsec as someone with a 5.0 sec status.

NPC Stations are completely immune from any of these mechanics and have always been used. Before Upwell structrures, gankers used NPC stations just fine and they continue to do so now.

No. They’ll just use NPC stations as they always have.

2 Likes

Concord will attack my alt who is -0.49 when undocking from a NPC Station in 0.5 space.
I have to supply a ship in space and as soon as that alt board the ship Concord is pulled to remove said ship.

Rubbish

Double rubbish

I will make a video for you to watch to tease you into seeing how Frostpacker rolls.

It really sounds like you’re getting concord mixed up with faction NPCs. The faction navies will attack you if either your security status or faction standing is sufficiently low, but you can just, you know, leave. Concord will kill you.

Anyway, that still doesn’t change the main point you don’t seem to be getting: Low sec is full of NPC stations where you can dock and do whatever you like. There are low sec trade hubs in NPC stations where you can get ships, modules, ammo, booze, and exotic dancers. It’s not a problem.

2 Likes

Sure. Make all the videos you want. Nothing you said is true in relation to sec status.

Here, educate yourself:

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Security_status

1 Like

So those 4 x ships that rock up at the star where my alt boards the supplied ship are not Concord?

Not unless you’ve just attacked something, no. If you’re in concord space they’ll be called concord, but it won’t be it insta-scramming death squad from hell.

2 Likes

If your sec status is -0.49 no one rocks up ever.

If you are -5.0 (anything less than -4.95 true sec), anyone can engage you and from -4.5 faction police turn up, and faction police are not a hamper to ganking.

1 Like

-4.9152 Combat Aggression on the alt in question