Asset Safety question

I have a couple of ships in an Engineering Complex which has been wardecced and is now in Reinforcement mode, with a timer of over 8 days. I have reason to doubt that this complex will be fixed. My question is - can I move my ships to Asset Safety now, and retrieve them from the nearby NPC Station; or do i have to wait for the 8 days to pass before I can get them back ?

1 Like

You can use asset safety at any time and independently from structure status. Simply right click the structure entry in your Asset window and select “Move All Items to Asset Safety”.

1 Like

Thanks Dyver.

For anyone else thinking of doing this, be aware that your items will be stuck in Asset Safety for another 5 days before you can get them delivered elsewhere.

1 Like

If the structure isn’t destroyed yet, why not get in there and move the items out yourself? Or is it permanently under siege?

1 Like

It won’t allow me to dock.

1 Like

And that is why I don’t like using the new player owned structures.

Which reminds me, earlier I was in a system with no stations and had to unload a bunch of loot. Nearest station was 2 jumps away so I just unloaded at an Engineering Complex in that system. Definitely gonna get my loot out asap.

The place actually came back to life today, the owner must have fixed it. Needless to say my stuff is still in Asset Safety so I can’t get at it till Tuesday - that’ll teach me not to be so hasty :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, there are so many “mistakes” that you will remember as lesson in the end - catastrophes of the first month are mild losses in the third and fun in the fifth.

:slight_smile:

Got my stuff back eventually, in the NPC station (same system) of my choosing. Had to pay a percentage of the value of each item (5% ?) to get them out of Asset Safety, But I’m now back in control of them. Lesson learned ? - don’t be so hasty to write-off a reinforced structure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or just don’t store your stuff in Upwell Structures.

And yeah, I keep forgetting to go move my stuff out of an Engineering Complex which was the only structure in system. Basically it was a ‘Port In A Storm’.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.