Asteroid Brackets in Space

I’m sure this has been suggested before, but I was told in a support ticket to make the suggestion here, so here I am.

I recently started training mining skills and I was surprised to see that asteroids in space weren’t showing brackets, despite showing in my overview and having show all brackets selected. I submitted a ticket thinking there was an issue since everything, with the exception of missiles in flight, that renders in space has a bracket option. I can’t think of a good reason why this is not an option. It’s very important to be able to visualize the layout of a moon ore field, for example. Even more important for people using lower end systems that don’t render all the actual rocks. It can’t be a resource issue or things like drones, of which there can be dozens or even hundreds of in space during a fleet action, would also not have the option.

So, in summary, I’m suggesting/requesting adding asteroids to the brackets list so we can see them all in space when we turn on the option. Thank you.

They already have brackets, atleast on my screen. Check your settings or beter yet, import an ready made overwiev.

This is already in game, even in stock overview. Check your settings once again.

I am using EVE-University overview. I have tried others. I have reset my overview to default. no brackets. I also submitted a ticket. This is the reply I got (after a few from a different person at first).

GM Whiskers Monday at 03:35

Greetings, GM Whiskers here,

There is nothing wrong with your settings and everything is shown as it should be when you enable “show all brackets” option. There are brackets for asteroid belts but no brackets for single asteroids. Sorry for this confusion.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best Regards,
GM Whiskers
CCP Player Experience | EVE Online

Ok and went to belt and now understand. There is no bracket for “rocks” itself.

Also, punting in public conversation with GM is not a wise idea.

Yeah CCP is far less interested in ensuring players receive adequate help and more interested in ensuring they don’t get exposed when sup standard aid is shown.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.